The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 9 December 2015, 05:53 AM   #31
lzamora
"TRF" Member

I love this Tudor Version

Quote:
Originally Posted by onerower1 View Post
Sounds like everyone believes these are fake and refinished watched, but it looks like there are so many of them being sold, including by reputable dealers of vintage watches. Is everyone certain these are not the real deal?
Well, in my humble opinion all the parts in a Tudor California watch are authentic, only the "nostalgia" of those 50s when the dealers re-printed the dials to boost the sales of the watch motivate the modern watchmakers to repaint the dials.

When you purchase one of this watches, make sure you pay accordingly, price it for the parts plus/minus whatever you estimate the difference of the repainted job, some of us add some value, some others consider the dial being ruined.

Ultimately it is a good piece of conversation when you take it to a reunion with no knowledge of Rolex other than the name. Just be careful not to bring it to a meet with RolexForum fellas because they will destroy you.

And finally, the value of first Tudor-Rolex California from the 50s may be higher due to the history, remember some "fake" US bills are sold for $thousands just because they carry an story of a genius delinquent.

My 2 cents..... BTW, I owe 4 of these, I bought of course for cheap and just for fun.
lzamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 November 2016, 10:13 AM   #32
p. bateman
"TRF" Member

Happened across this guy over the weekend and a quick Google search brought me to this thread. I thought it looked great but was bummed to learn it's a fake. Great info. here.

IMG_20161123_180137.jpg
p. bateman is offline   Reply With Quote