The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 10 August 2017, 12:00 AM   #1
Maiden
2018 Pledge Member
 
Maiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,243
Dial Changes and RSC

Hi all I just wanted to clarify something. My understanding is if you add a non Rolex part, like a dial to your Rolex, RSC will refuse to service it because you "modified" the watch. I assume this does not apply if you use original Rolex parts.ie change your dial from white to champagne.

What happens if you use an original Rolex part but it was not available for that model. For example like Jocke's white gold Day Date. He put in a ice blue dial, reserved for the platinum Day Date. Would RSC refuse to service this watch as well, although the dial itself is an authentic Rolex dial?

Thanks
__________________
18238
116613lb
114060
Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2017, 01:10 AM   #2
padi56
Moderator & 2018 DAYTONA Patron
 
padi56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Real Name: Peter
Location: Llanfairpwllgwyng
Watch: ing you.
Posts: 42,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden View Post
Hi all I just wanted to clarify something. My understanding is if you add a non Rolex part, like a dial to your Rolex, RSC will refuse to service it because you "modified" the watch. I assume this does not apply if you use original Rolex parts.ie change your dial from white to champagne.

What happens if you use an original Rolex part but it was not available for that model. For example like Jocke's white gold Day Date. He put in a ice blue dial, reserved for the platinum Day Date. Would RSC refuse to service this watch as well, although the dial itself is an authentic Rolex dial?

Thanks
AS long as any genuine dial is available to that particular reference watch then no problem whatsoever to have the dial changed and Rolex will service it.But if the dial changed was not available to that reference whether genuine Rolex or not they could refuse to service it.
__________________

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.com

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2017, 01:25 AM   #3
DJ TT 2002
2018 Pledge Member
 
DJ TT 2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Hollywood 1950
Posts: 3,309
I had previously swapped out the original White stick dial for a Champagne Tapestry stick dial on my 16233

RSC NYC serviced the watch without any problems or questions

When RSC completed the estimate for servicing on site;
they did note that the watch originally came with a different dial, however.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0161.JPG (116.3 KB, 206 views)
DJ TT 2002 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2017, 01:41 AM   #4
JnmEaton
2018 Pledge Member
 
JnmEaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Gulfport
Watch: 18038 Presidential
Posts: 1,001
Does Jocke send watches to RSC EVER? warranty work maybe?
JnmEaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2017, 01:43 AM   #5
MonBK
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kingstown
Posts: 58,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden View Post
Hi all I just wanted to clarify something. My understanding is if you add a non Rolex part, like a dial to your Rolex, RSC will refuse to service it because you "modified" the watch. I assume this does not apply if you use original Rolex parts.ie change your dial from white to champagne.

What happens if you use an original Rolex part but it was not available for that model. For example like Jocke's white gold Day Date. He put in a ice blue dial, reserved for the platinum Day Date. Would RSC refuse to service this watch as well, although the dial itself is an authentic Rolex dial?

Thanks
Jocke would simply put the original dial back before sending it in.
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2017, 01:58 AM   #6
904VT
"TRF" Member
 
904VT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: USA
Watch: PP, Daytonas, Subs
Posts: 2,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
AS long as any genuine dial is available to that particular reference watch then no problem whatsoever to have the dial changed and Rolex will service it.But if the dial changed was not available to that reference whether genuine Rolex or not they could refuse to service it.
100% this
904VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2017, 02:52 AM   #7
Tools
Moderator & 2018 DAYTONA Patron
 
Tools's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Real Name: Larry
Location: Mojave Desert
Watch: GMT's
Posts: 34,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by 904VT View Post
100% this
Not really, at least not at all RSC's.

Rolex will not replace a dial with another dial that did not originally come with the watch model. They will, however, service a watch with an authentic Rolex dial, even if it was not originally in that model.

They will also service a watch with aftermarket parts if you agree to have those parts replaced.

If you have an aftermarket bracelet, they remove it and return it to you unattached and untouched.
__________________
(Chill ... It's just a watch Forum.....)
NAWCC Member
Tools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2017, 03:17 AM   #8
timeseek
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: None
Posts: 66
This thread made me think of something....if I have the factory dial, send the watch in to an RSC for service, and ask them to change the dial to another one, I assume they will do so. However, will Rolex then keep the original dial, or will they send it back to me? I heard that the RSCs keep the parts.
timeseek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2017, 03:23 AM   #9
sager
2018 Pledge Member
 
sager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Real Name: Sage
Location: MENA
Posts: 1,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by timeseek View Post
This thread made me think of something....if I have the factory dial, send the watch in to an RSC for service, and ask them to change the dial to another one, I assume they will do so. However, will Rolex then keep the original dial, or will they send it back to me? I heard that the RSCs keep the parts.


Don't think they would actually change the dial. It would be cool of they did though.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2017, 04:53 AM   #10
Maiden
2018 Pledge Member
 
Maiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
Not really, at least not at all RSC's.

Rolex will not replace a dial with another dial that did not originally come with the watch model. They will, however, service a watch with an authentic Rolex dial, even if it was not originally in that model.

They will also service a watch with aftermarket parts if you agree to have those parts replaced.

If you have an aftermarket bracelet, they remove it and return it to you unattached and untouched.
This seems to make the most sense to me. Why would they turn down the servicing business if these conditions are met. Thanks all for the replies!
__________________
18238
116613lb
114060
Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


*Banner Of The Month*
This space is provided to horological resources.





Copyright 2004-2018, The Rolex Forums. All Rights Reserved.

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Rolex is a registered trademark of ROLEX USA. The Rolex Forums is not affiliated with ROLEX USA in any way.