The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 5 July 2016, 02:39 AM   #1
kentheevil
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
AP service center experience?

So, today I went to the AP SC to send my AP to have a pressure test to get the 3rd year guarantee sticker. The staff at the SC in Bkk was very nice and was giving me advice like I should bring my AP to service before the 3rdyear guarantee run out so I can save the service cost. However I was quite surprised that the price of the rubber strap is just around 400$ and if I pay by cash I'll get another 10% discount which is much less than I expected. Then I also saw the AP travel case which is all made from leather and cost around 95$ when I've seen offers in the forum or in ebay for around 215$ even !

Does anyone have this particular case did you get it and how does a large Ap fit ?

And how does the pressure test take normally?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kentheevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2016, 02:41 AM   #2
Lordofrolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes Please!
I know a lot of AP ADs that give those carburying case out to clients who buy from them. Personally the carrying case is too bulky and wouldn't use it to travel.

Follow me on Instagram: @b_jakobovich
Lordofrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2016, 02:49 AM   #3
singe89
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP & Patek
APSC gives those out when your watch comes back from service. I use a couple of them when I travel. They are more bulky than others but they protect the watch better than a roll. AP will fully test and sometimes service the watch when extending the warranty. Clearwater usually takes 3-4 weeks.
singe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2016, 04:17 AM   #4
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by singe89 View Post
APSC gives those out when your watch comes back from service. I use a couple of them when I travel. They are more bulky than others but they protect the watch better than a roll. AP will fully test and sometimes service the watch when extending the warranty. Clearwater usually takes 3-4 weeks.

Don't give them out in the US anymore. At least not on the last two I sent in. Comes back in the see through cardboard shipping container.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2016, 04:19 AM   #5
eal15
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet 15
I got ripped off from my AD service centre when I sent my 15710 in for 3rd year sticker. I was hoping for it when I received it but it came back in a green cardboard box with labels. So I wasn't too upset. Until I visited the SC in Clearwater and they asked if I got one. I said no, which they found strange. So they gave me one and some other little things. I'm guessing the AD's et these and just hold them and give them to their "special clients" BUT I've got no proof.
eal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2016, 04:44 AM   #6
Al1969
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
Don't give them out in the US anymore. At least not on the last two I sent in. Comes back in the see through cardboard shipping container.
You could probably call APSC and ask "nicely" for one. Good chance they'll send you one.
Old 5 July 2016, 04:45 AM   #7
SMD
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al1969 View Post
You could probably call APSC and ask "nicely" for one. Good chance they'll send you one.

I have quite a few that I don't use. Just pointing out that the practice now seems to be the green cardboard box.
Old 5 July 2016, 04:50 AM   #8
Al1969
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I have quite a few that I don't use. Just pointing out that the practice now seems to be the green cardboard box.
Yes, that's how I initially received mine back from APSC.
Old 5 July 2016, 04:52 AM   #9
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Watch: this ya'll
When I sent mine to Clearwater in January, it was shipped back in the green cardboard box but also had the leather case in the shipping box too.
Current Collection: Rolex 116710BLNR & 216570 polar Explorer II; Omega Apollo 8 Speedmaster; Tudor BB Bronze Bucherer Blue Edition; Heuer Heritage Autavia; Nomos Club Sport Neomatik 42; Breitling Aerospace, Avenger Blackbird, & Superocean 44; Seiko Black Monster; Mickey Mouse Timex Electric; and dare I say it...an Apple Watch too
Baco Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2016, 04:54 AM   #10
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
I got one from AP Boutique a few years back. It was nice but I gave it away to a forum member like I have many my AD goodies. Also glad to hear about good experience at APSC. I think their service is second to none with incredible turn around times. Betsy Toelle is also a class act!

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2016, 02:14 PM   #11
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
I got it as a gift when I bought the ce diver, nice but the Patek travel case is much, much better and convenient, I would add 120 bucks and rather get it than 95 for the AP, you can get it just without the Patek label on a site, Mister Chrono, they have for 1, 2 and 4 watches, I would not buy the AP, they gave it so great but would not buy it, whatever the watch the Patek style case is just better...
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2016, 02:27 PM   #12
singe89
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Mine were always shipped back in a separate cardboard box but they included the travel case in the shipment. They usually ask if I want a travel case when they call to confirm address and overnight shipping. Last time I asked if they had the nicer double travel cases but they said those are limited to boutiques.
Old 5 July 2016, 04:09 PM   #13
lianghee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pam, AP, Rolex
It does look bulky to carry around. I am now using this travel case when I travel. Compact and easy to carry around. I would only use it when my watch is not on my wrist (e.g shower, sleep, workout).

lianghee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2016, 08:18 PM   #14
SMD
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Mine were always shipped back in a separate cardboard box but they included the travel case in the shipment. They usually ask if I want a travel case when they call to confirm address and overnight shipping. Last time I asked if they had the nicer double travel cases but they said those are limited to boutiques.

Interesting. I sent in two watches through the boutique. Was offered nothing other than the cardboard shipping container. Didn't ask as i already have a few I don't use.
Old 5 July 2016, 10:15 PM   #15
lapince
"TRF" Member

This is the one I was talking about, have the dark blue

http://www.misterchrono.com/en/trave...lack_dark_blue
Old 5 July 2016, 11:01 PM   #16
masterserg
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Last one I sent came back in the green cardboard box. I have another one in now, so we'll see what I get.
Old 9 July 2016, 08:10 AM   #17
Colin W
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
This is the one I was talking about, have the dark blue

http://www.misterchrono.com/en/trave...lack_dark_blue

I have both the one and two watch Phase de Lune cases mentioned above - they are some of the best made quality cases I have come across, well worth the money IMO

Old 9 July 2016, 10:09 AM   #18
singe89
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin W View Post
I have both the one and two watch Phase de Lune cases mentioned above - they are some of the best made quality cases I have come across, well worth the money IMO

Love that schumi! Ti and Cermet is the best AP combo in my opinion.
Old 9 July 2016, 11:56 AM   #19
beaglehusky
"TRF" Member

I use Oakleys for travel. The Diver fits in the large one but the small one is a better fit for the RG.

I have had mixed experiences with the BKK SC. For one, while they are a AP SC, they don't have the same "authority" as other centers (like the one in Singapore, for instance). It was weird. I had to check with the folks in Clearwater to make sure that the BKK pressure test was "approved" for the third year warranty, which ended up being ok.

While they are super nice, IIRC the last time I was there, their technician was in training so it took a couple of weeks for a pressure test.

On another occasion, I had an issue with my diver, which was still within the 3rd year warranty and it took them about 3 months to fix it. When I picked it up, they did not give me any proof of the work they had done. I asked them if their repair would have a one-year warranty, and after a few confused looks they said yes. When I asked for proof of that warranty they said I could just bring the watch and they'd fix it for me, but no paperwork was given. Luckily I have had no further issues. And no, I did not get a leather case.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3895.jpg (75.7 KB, 264 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3894.jpg (78.1 KB, 266 views)
beaglehusky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2016, 03:53 PM   #20
Colin W
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Love that schumi! Ti and Cermet is the best AP combo in my opinion.

Thanks - Ti Schumi is one of my favourite pieces, a real chameleon depending on the lighting conditions and always looks great 👍

Old 9 July 2016, 06:28 PM   #21
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin W View Post

Exactly they are perfect travel cases, awesome watches by the way, esp the Schumi
Old 9 July 2016, 08:45 PM   #22
KarlS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
Exactly they are perfect travel cases, awesome watches by the way, esp the Schumi
Have to agree
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (115.4 KB, 227 views)
KarlS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2016, 07:50 AM   #23
SubKing
"TRF" Member

Watch: where do i start??
Love the travel cases everyone. I have purchased a mini AP travel box/case but also find it to be too clunky. Just received my special order from goyard, should solve my problem .

SubKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2016, 02:15 PM   #24
kentheevil
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubKing View Post
Love the travel cases everyone. I have purchased a mini AP travel box/case but also find it to be too clunky. Just received my special order from goyard, should solve my problem .

Wow!!! That's dope but probably would cost more than what I'm willing to pay for a travel case hahaahha
Anyways I would want to tell everyone that I was really happy with the service in bkk incase anyone have to it's great imo and the pressure test only takes me 7 days which was a great surprise to me!

kentheevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2016, 11:24 PM   #25
SubKing
"TRF" Member

Watch: where do i start??
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentheevil View Post
Wow!!! That's dope but probably would cost more than what I'm willing to pay for a travel case hahaahha
Anyways I would want to tell everyone that I was really happy with the service in bkk incase anyone have to it's great imo and the pressure test only takes me 7 days which was a great surprise to me!

SubKing is offline   Reply With Quote