The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 21 February 2018, 02:45 AM   #31
luvan12
"TRF" Member

+1 here I bought a strap from Horus and to be honest it was way over priced. I would have paid probably 50 bucks for it not 160.

QUOTE=alex_moreno111;8299769]My traditionalist buddy! I totally get your approach on OEM and you are right to some extent. My only question to you would be Why would a product that is up to par with my watch in regards to quality and craftsmanship be cheaper than the original brand? The original brand actually would have the resources to make it cheaper don't you think? If it's comparable in every way to OEM quality and is made under the same standards and Swiss factories where OEM's are produced why should the product be cheaper?[/QUOTE]
luvan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2018, 02:47 AM   #32
luvan12
"TRF" Member

Looks and Craftsmanship are two different things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr35mm View Post
Great products, although I prefer the looks of Everests better.
luvan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2018, 04:12 AM   #33
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_moreno111 View Post
My traditionalist buddy! I totally get your approach on OEM and you are right to some extent. My only question to you would be Why would a product that is up to par with my watch in regards to quality and craftsmanship be cheaper than the original brand? The original brand actually would have the resources to make it cheaper don't you think? If it's comparable in every way to OEM quality and is made under the same standards and Swiss factories where OEM's are produced why should the product be cheaper?
brands would charge more probably because they can. I honestly don't find a difference between a rubber B strap and an AP OEM strap quality wise. They are both very nice. I just think its brand vs off brand and you pay more with most things for a name brand. Sure Rubber B is a name brand to some extent but not on par with the watch companies they are making their straps for.

Fruit Loops cost one amount and albertsons brand fruity circles cost less. They probably taste the same but they cant get away with selling their store brand cereal variety above or at the same price as the name brand. Otherwise, why would you buy it ? I just think its a losing proposition to sell straps at nearly the same price as an OEM strap from a logical perspective, quality aside.
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2018, 12:30 AM   #34
joerivers1961
"TRF" Member

Im ok with the price, pretty inexpensive for my watch if you ask me. I took it off the crocodile and haven't switched back. I take it on the boat, swim and other activities that normally would have to take off. Works for me. Quality is impeccable.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg my5980.JPG (186.6 KB, 222 views)
File Type: jpg my5980c.JPG (169.6 KB, 223 views)
File Type: jpg my5980d.JPG (174.1 KB, 220 views)
joerivers1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2018, 12:41 AM   #35
joerivers1961
"TRF" Member

I understand what you're saying completely however, I look at it for example: when I need a prescription and I look into it before buying it and see that they're both made in the same place, have the exact same medication, shape and same effect I go for the non branded, it would be ridiculous for me not to do so. Same thing here as I see it. Swiss Made, Brand, Not generic and made for my exact model and so forth. For 200-300 bucks considering what I spent on my timepiece. Its all good in my book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
brands would charge more probably because they can. I honestly don't find a difference between a rubber B strap and an AP OEM strap quality wise. They are both very nice. I just think its brand vs off brand and you pay more with most things for a name brand. Sure Rubber B is a name brand to some extent but not on par with the watch companies they are making their straps for.

Fruit Loops cost one amount and albertsons brand fruity circles cost less. They probably taste the same but they cant get away with selling their store brand cereal variety above or at the same price as the name brand. Otherwise, why would you buy it ? I just think its a losing proposition to sell straps at nearly the same price as an OEM strap from a logical perspective, quality aside.
Old 23 February 2018, 12:54 AM   #36
AndyWright
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Deepsea
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
"Sure Rubber B is a name brand to some extent but not on par with the watch companies they are making their straps for. "
On the other hand, my AP dealer friend who is really tight with the swiss brands told me a few years ago that Rubber B's factory actually makes the AP brand OEM straps among many others in that swiss timepiece caliber. I guess that since RB doesn't get to profit on selling watches, then their price point has to be set properly in order to be worth the trouble and high cost of swiss creation. I'm pretty sure swiss labour is not cheap, and then lets not forget the middle guys at local watch shops that need their price point as well. There are always two sides to every story, and I think some blokes tend go hard on the rubber b price due to ignorance of the industry process, more than anything else.
AndyWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2018, 01:55 AM   #37
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyWright View Post
On the other hand, my AP dealer friend who is really tight with the swiss brands told me a few years ago that Rubber B's factory actually makes the AP brand OEM straps among many others in that swiss timepiece caliber. I guess that since RB doesn't get to profit on selling watches, then their price point has to be set properly in order to be worth the trouble and high cost of swiss creation. I'm pretty sure swiss labour is not cheap, and then lets not forget the middle guys at local watch shops that need their price point as well. There are always two sides to every story, and I think some blokes tend go hard on the rubber b price due to ignorance of the industry process, more than anything else.
im not arguing quality. CF makes patek straps and CF sells their own straps too. Same factory/company. CF prices straps bearing their name less because the Patek name is worth more. Thats all im saying.

Id rather have the same exact strap say "Patek" vs "Camille Fournet". There is no way i buy the CF one if its the same price. If its considerably less then maybe.

The strap game is limited and hardly anyone makes their own and they all use the same few manufacturers.

I happen to like rubber b and think they are priced fine... for rolex.
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2018, 04:54 AM   #38
Tosh2710
"TRF" Member

Just got an Everest rubber strap and am delighted with it. Yes it is expensive but it fits the case properly and fits my wrist perfectly too. I only have small wrists (about 6.5”) and am using the last but one hole and there isn’t too much excess strap. And going back to the OP I saw a video by the Everest CEO hinting at a new range for panerai - which will be sold under a different branding (Everest being associated closely with Rolex).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tosh2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2018, 04:54 AM   #39
Tosh2710
"TRF" Member

Old 25 February 2018, 04:55 AM   #40
Tosh2710
"TRF" Member

Old 26 February 2018, 02:15 AM   #41
FatPhil
"TRF" Member

An practical difference between the Everest and rubber b straps?

FatPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2018, 03:01 AM   #42
eric4322
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41 126300
FYI make sure if you pay the premium Rubber B price that you're getting it from a trusted source. There are exact 'reverse-mold' copies out there on eBay, funny thing is they don't advertise the RubberB brand at all - they just say 'fits Rolex Submariner, DateJust, etc'.

I know because I got one for $40 (for my Bulova, not Rolex) and took me 2 days to notice the "RubberB, Made in Switzerland" molded into the inside curve. Went back & looked at the sale advertisement and they deliberately did not include the brand logos in their photos. These are silicone, not natural rubber. Very good quality. I bought a 2nd one in case the 1st one tears or goes bad.
eric4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2018, 03:04 AM   #43
eric4322
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41 126300
PS - I also prefer the look of the Everest but like the OysterFlex best of all - it's really a genius design and sets off the (long-term goal) YM 116655 amazingly well.
eric4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2018, 03:20 AM   #44
antbkny
"TRF" Member

Watch: Dblue
Best rubber for DSSD. My only issue is the tang strap is a little short for us big wristed guys. I measure just under 8inches and I’m on the second to last hole. But it works and is very comfortable.
antbkny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2018, 09:41 AM   #45
Chloe&Harley
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Milgauss white
Do you replace the band yourself or take it to an AD ?
Chloe&Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2018, 12:05 AM   #46
antbkny
"TRF" Member

Watch: Dblue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe&Harley View Post
Do you replace the band yourself or take it to an AD ?
i did it myself with a bergeon 7825 spring bar tweezer.
antbkny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2018, 12:19 AM   #47
joerivers1961
"TRF" Member

Associated? how? I highly doubt that.

(Everest being associated closely with Rolex).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
Old 27 February 2018, 12:22 AM   #48
Yuri.Popov
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner C
Big difference in quality. Rubber b is much higher quality and their straps are made to fit perfectly per specific model. You look at Everest and some of the bands look squeezed in and look more like silicone than rubber. As per other threads the "Made in Switzerland" is a big deal IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPhil View Post
An practical difference between the Everest and rubber b straps?

Yuri.Popov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2018, 12:25 AM   #49
Yuri.Popov
"TRF" Member

Seems like that CEO guy is full of himself and also chasing Rubber B's tail

They've had Panerai straps 5-6 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosh2710 View Post
Just got an Everest rubber strap and am delighted with it. Yes it is expensive but it fits the case properly and fits my wrist perfectly too. I only have small wrists (about 6.5”) and am using the last but one hole and there isn’t too much excess strap. And going back to the OP I saw a video by the Everest CEO hinting at a new range for panerai - which will be sold under a different branding (Everest being associated closely with Rolex).

Old 27 February 2018, 12:30 AM   #50
Yuri.Popov
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerivers1961 View Post
Im ok with the price, pretty inexpensive for my watch if you ask me. I took it off the crocodile and haven't switched back. I take it on the boat, swim and other activities that normally would have to take off. Works for me. Quality is impeccable.
This looks amazing.
Old 6 March 2018, 02:47 AM   #51
Zoidberg
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710 BLNR
I didn't get accustomed to the original bracelet.
First I tried a Rubber B model, a complete waste of money. After just a couple of months both! loops fell apart. Without them the tang buckle was unusable. So I wrote to Rubber B and nicely asked them to get me replacements.
Their answer was: "20 USD + 30 USD to send to Norway". After that their product ended up in the garbage. Looked quite worn too.
For a while I have tried a Hirsch Ayrton in blue now. I combined it with custom band strap end links and voila...
So far I am very pleased with the comfort, fit, haptics and the look.
Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2018, 03:33 AM   #52
tgibbs
"TRF" Member

Are you a troll? I just saw this same post on another thread! I think you were looking for a freebie and didn't get it your way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
I didn't get accustomed to the original bracelet.
First I tried a Rubber B model, a complete waste of money. After just a couple of months both! loops fell apart. Without them the tang buckle was unusable. So I wrote to Rubber B and nicely asked them to get me replacements.
Their answer was: "20 USD + 30 USD to send to Norway". After that their product ended up in the garbage. Looked quite worn too.
For a while I have tried a Hirsch Ayrton in blue now. I combined it with custom band strap end links and voila...
So far I am very pleased with the comfort, fit, haptics and the look.
tgibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2018, 04:00 AM   #53
prlwatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 BLRO w/3186
I've tried both Everest and Rubber B tang buckle straps and found Everest fit my 6.5" wrist better.

I also bought a Rubber B Velcro closure strap right after it was introduced last year, but never wear it since it un-velcroed while roughhousing with my youngest. Maybe if they added a strap keeper to slide over the closed Velcro..
prlwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2018, 04:17 AM   #54
alex_moreno111
"TRF" Member

I have a velcro strap also and has never come loose. Mine came with a loop. Yours didn't ? you should contact them. The cool thing about the velcro is that the strap won't slide through the loop so the watch won't fall of your hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prlwatch View Post
I've tried both Everest and Rubber B tang buckle straps and found Everest fit my 6.5" wrist better.

I also bought a Rubber B Velcro closure strap right after it was introduced last year, but never wear it since it un-velcroed while roughhousing with my youngest. Maybe if they added a strap keeper to slide over the closed Velcro..
alex_moreno111 is offline   Reply With Quote