The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 3 February 2018, 06:14 AM   #451
brockburst
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwozhog View Post
Wow did not think crypto talk was allowed on here. Well then great. Im not sure what makes me feel worse. Watching my portfolio bleed like it is today or on some days when I sell a coin because I think its time and within a week it goes up 400 percent lol. Either way the entertainment value is off the charts for me. I now only buy the newly listed coins before everyone else does. Masari coin is my latest. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHpT...ature=youtu.be
Pretty big balls to invest in a project with barely a website. Good luck.
Old 3 February 2018, 07:53 AM   #452
Laszlo
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Date & No Date
could be over

Paul Henreid as Victor Laszlo in Casablanca
Old 3 February 2018, 08:07 AM   #453
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
could be over
But laszlo, computers do math problems and that creates money!
Old 3 February 2018, 08:21 AM   #454
OliveSales
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
But laszlo, computers do math problems and that creates money!

Own a business and start paying 2.9% transaction fees and you will start to understand :)
Old 3 February 2018, 08:36 AM   #455
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliveSales View Post
Own a business and start paying 2.9% transaction fees and you will start to understand :)
Are you buying hand over fist?
Old 3 February 2018, 08:38 AM   #456
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
I thought my watches were crypto currency!?
Old 3 February 2018, 08:38 AM   #457
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
hoping btc goes back to 6 cents.
Yes, that is when I'll put in a few 100 Then wait a few years and see how it goes, history tends to repeat itself.
Old 3 February 2018, 09:00 AM   #458
CRM114
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTs,1803, 16610LV
I get the speculation. Anyone can bet on anything.

What I don't get how anyone can advocate/sell Bitcoin (or the like) as a "better" or "the future" currency as so many have tried to do. Sure, the technology is sorta cool but the volatility of it's valuation is doing a great job of killing-off any hope people are going to trust it.

There aren't even any major economic upheavals going on yet look at the percentages and raw numbers of value gained and lost in a month, a week, a day, even a few hours. Normal people don't want to go to bed wondering if 20% or 30% of their "money" will have vanished by morning even if theres' a chance it could do the opposite. Too worrisome. This week 2 BC will renovate the kitchen but next month it'll take a virtual wheelbarrow full of it to stock the new kitchen cupboard with a loaf of bread and can of Spaghetti-Os.

For a currency to work it has to be trusted, and trusted in that case means boring and stable. But BC is exciting to watch in the way a car race with a lot of crashes is, and as unstable as Andre the Giant hand-standing in a birch bark canoe.

Those who say it's not like a giant Ponzi-speculation scheme claim the tech has worth based on it's ability to be virtual currency unhampered by governments with the dubious benefit of faster international transactions etc. Isn't what we're seeing destroying that basic notion of becoming a viable currency? After this, for non-speculative purposes how long before anyone actually trusts it as something not to buy and sell for profit, but to actually hold onto and use for everyday transactions?
Old 3 February 2018, 10:32 AM   #459
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRM114 View Post

What I don't get how anyone can advocate/sell Bitcoin (or the like) as a "better" or "the future" currency as so many have tried to do. Sure, the technology is sorta cool but the volatility of it's valuation is doing a great job of killing-off any hope people are going to trust it.

There aren't even any major economic upheavals going on yet look at the percentages and raw numbers of value gained and lost in a month, a week, a day, even a few hours. Normal people don't want to go to bed wondering if 20% or 30% of their "money" will have vanished by morning even if theres' a chance it could do the opposite. Too worrisome. This week 2 BC will renovate the kitchen but next month it'll take a virtual wheelbarrow full of it to stock the new kitchen cupboard with a loaf of bread and can of Spaghetti-Os.

For a currency to work it has to be trusted, and trusted in that case means boring and stable. But BC is exciting to watch in the way a car race with a lot of crashes is, and as unstable as Andre the Giant hand-standing in a birch bark canoe.

Those who say it's not like a giant Ponzi-speculation scheme claim the tech has worth based on it's ability to be virtual currency unhampered by governments with the dubious benefit of faster international transactions etc. Isn't what we're seeing destroying that basic notion of becoming a viable currency? After this, for non-speculative purposes how long before anyone actually trusts it as something not to buy and sell for profit, but to actually hold onto and use for everyday transactions?
the very fact you are denominating it in usd means you don't get it.

that said i agree with you it is highly speculative and could be worthless.

block chain is worth trillions if you can monitize it.

25 or 6 to 4.
Old 3 February 2018, 11:43 AM   #460
Laszlo

Blockchain will revolutionize eCommerce. It's the new 'hot' thing here in my world.

Old 3 February 2018, 11:47 AM   #461
TC94
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRM114 View Post

Bitcoin isn’t and will never be a transactional global currency. But a blockchain-based cryptocurrency will eventually end up as a global standard. That’s inevitable. Of course the big unknown is which one or even whether it currently exists at all amongst the more than 1200 currently available cryptos.

OTOH, people looking at this space from the outside and casually dismissing it as just pretend magic money are missing some key details. Crypto and blockchain aren’t just about bitcoin and its speculative fever. Cryptoccurency isn’t just about financial transactions. There is far more to this space than just hoping to pick the winner in a race for a decentralized global financial currency.

There’s a virtual crap ton of scams and sham projects. But there are a few jewels out there, too.

Conditional transactions, executable digital code tied to contracts, property records instantly available, unforgeable identity verification, gambling, storage and more will be built on the underlying tech.

And yes, cryptocurrencies attached to the product or chain will be necessary to the underlying function. The value will be tied to use, and value is necessary to incentivize those running nodes.

For a good overview and introduction, I recommend https://www.bitcoinandbeyond.com

No affiliation. I just liked the book.

https://www.fa-mag.com/news/edelman-...7128-235248509

Last edited by TC94; 3 February 2018 at 12:03 PM.. Reason: Typos
Old 16 February 2018, 01:06 AM   #462
TC94
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Scam if you ask me. Don't care if there is a market for it.
The US Senate Banking Committee, the SEC and the chairman of the CFTC don’t agree with you on that.

https://thecryptocurrencyforums.com/...aring-remarks/

And the markets are rebounding nicely now that regulators are softening their public stance.

https://thecryptocurrencyforums.com/..._its_rhetoric/
Old 16 February 2018, 01:09 AM   #463
brockburst
2024 Pledge Member

Etschell = Nocoiner, obviously.

Giancarlo rally is in full effect.
Old 16 February 2018, 01:30 AM   #464
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockburst View Post
Etschell = Nocoiner, obviously.

Giancarlo rally is in full effect.
untrue. that post was from far ago. i own ltc currently.

25 or 6 to 4.
Old 16 February 2018, 01:30 AM   #465
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC94 View Post
The US Senate Banking Committee, the SEC and the chairman of the CFTC don’t agree with you on that.

https://thecryptocurrencyforums.com/...aring-remarks/

And the markets are rebounding nicely now that regulators are softening their public stance.

https://thecryptocurrencyforums.com/..._its_rhetoric/
i changed my tune a long time ago. read more posts.

25 or 6 to 4.
Old 16 February 2018, 01:36 AM   #466
Vaxe
"TRF" Member

Blockchain is going places but the business surrounding it currently is mostly smoke and mirror. So many con artists making a tremendous amount of wealth, so if that’s your thing nows the time to capitalize.
Old 16 February 2018, 10:21 AM   #467
TC94
"TRF" Member

Quote:
i changed my tune a long time ago. read more posts.
It’s funny. When I pulled this thread back up, the post I quoted was second to last in the thread next to my post. I must’ve ended up on a different page of the thread or something.

Anyway, it gave me an opening to shill my website.

Old 16 February 2018, 10:22 AM   #468
TC94
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaxe View Post
Blockchain is going places but the business surrounding it currently is mostly smoke and mirror. So many con artists making a tremendous amount of wealth, so if that’s your thing nows the time to capitalize.
I agree. But the real use cases will also create wealth. There’s where my interests lie. Separating the real projects from the BS.
Old 17 February 2018, 07:44 AM   #469
loobster09
"TRF" Member

Hi guys , if you have these currencies , you can as well invest them, and get weekly profits on your investments and 10% referral bonuses, it’s simple binary trading it’s actually real I have tried it, pm me for info
Old 17 February 2018, 08:48 AM   #470
Etschell
"TRF" Member

litecoin is rising. go go.

25 or 6 to 4.
Old 17 February 2018, 09:24 AM   #471
TC94
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loobster09 View Post
Hi guys , if you have these currencies , you can as well invest them, and get weekly profits on your investments and 10% referral bonuses, it’s simple binary trading it’s actually real I have tried it, pm me for info
Sorry for going straight to an attack, but these programs always end up as scams. Please don’t recruit for scams. Binary trading is simply gambling that you can guess the direction and price of an asset in a preset time. If you are not exactly right with your prediction, you lose 100% of the asset placed on the “trade.” Further, many sites are happy to keep taking your bitcoin when you are wrong but then fail to pay out your winning back to you when requested. You may accumulate a balance when you bet correctly, but the site will disappear with “investors” money at some point and then reappear somewhere else to do it all over again. They may allow some withdrawals for awhile to appear legit, but they will suddenly disappear with everyone else’s money.

If you want to own bitcoin, buy bitcoin. If you strongly believe bitcoin is worthless, short bitcoin. Or avoid it altogether. But don’t play gamble on sketchy binary sites that will end up as just another in the long line of crypto scams.
Old 21 February 2018, 11:41 AM   #472
smak
Banned

nice to see this thread grown.

checked in cause I got my watch in for service first time ever (apparently lubricants evaporated causing reserve time to fall to less than 1/2 day and even fail while wearing during an active day)

now we're well into double digits in pages.

I work in the industry now if anyone has any questions.. its going to be an exciting year!
Old 21 February 2018, 11:51 AM   #473
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smak View Post
nice to see this thread grown.

checked in cause I got my watch in for service first time ever (apparently lubricants evaporated causing reserve time to fall to less than 1/2 day and even fail while wearing during an active day)

now we're well into double digits in pages.

I work in the industry now if anyone has any questions.. its going to be an exciting year!
what part of the industry?

25 or 6 to 4.
Old 21 February 2018, 12:13 PM   #474
smak
Banned

mining.. and I have seen it all.

I come from a background at nortel and ibm, sysadmin to telco to datacenters before being recruited into stricktly mining when tbh I was happy resting on my lorels allowing the rise of the crypto awareness and value facilitate my lifestyle.

came in to a company the needed my help pretty bad and although we are no small fish now, the future is bright and I am happy doing something I really enjoy, on the cutting edge, making a difference in what is to come.
Old 22 February 2018, 01:05 PM   #475
TC94
"TRF" Member

I just co-authored a lengthy article on the anonymous privacy cryptos with another of our writers. It’s my opinion that interest will rise in the privacy coins as more talk of regulations hits the media. I expect price growth for privacy coins in 2018 will outpace the sector averages.

You can read the entire article here: https://thecryptocurrencyforums.com/...ivacy-cryptos/

Be sure to register for a free account and share your thoughts. We aren’t keeping a mailing list, sending out a newsletter or spamming in any way.
Old 22 February 2018, 03:03 PM   #476
77T

IMHO...

Blockchain is to cryptocurrency as...
Software is to ransomware.

The technology is great - its the application that lacks substance for now. I agree real world application will add value to many things. I'd like each part in a Rolex to be blockchained for authenticity.

To me, I suspect the anonymous authors of the various cryptocurrencies will include some malicious actors. But that is only a belief - not any proof - from the megatrend.

Does anyone really know what time it is?
Old 22 February 2018, 03:25 PM   #477
VICI
"TRF" Member

Watch: IG: Mr_Right_NYC
Cryptocurrency, who has it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC94 View Post
I just co-authored a lengthy article on the anonymous privacy cryptos with another of our writers. It’s my opinion that interest will rise in the privacy coins as more talk of regulations hits the media. I expect price growth for privacy coins in 2018 will outpace the sector averages.

You can read the entire article here: https://thecryptocurrencyforums.com/...ivacy-cryptos/

Be sure to register for a free account and share your thoughts. We aren’t keeping a mailing list, sending out a newsletter or spamming in any way.

While your article is well written, the core issue is people spending currency ‘bitcoin’ that may have been used for certain other type of transactions.. what’s the difference with fiat currency today that was used in a robbery, stolen or worse? Same concept.. the current holder of those assets isn’t complicit by being given the currency from a legal transaction.
Old 22 February 2018, 04:14 PM   #478
Max16013
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ 16013
Doubled my money on ethereum and ripple

Cashed out about a month ago maybe a little more..

I dipped my toes back in about 2 weeks ago during the dip and I'm hodling

Coins I'm invested in are the big 3 - Eth, Btc, and Ltc.. Along with IOTA which I believe is genius.
Old 22 February 2018, 04:22 PM   #479
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

I am still confident this heads back to 2-3k per btc this year. Time will tell.
Old 23 February 2018, 03:58 AM   #480
Laszlo

About four years ago I went for certifications in agile software development. The instructor was great but I kept thinking what a brutal job - flying from city to city teaching the same material over-and-over again and what likely didn't pay a ton either. Anyway, I ran across an article where he recently purchased a Lamborghini with bitcoin. I was sure it 'wasn't' the same guy but it was. Apparently, he purchased thousands of coins for $2.12 cents. And when it hit $20k, cashed out. He's now a multi-millionaire enjoying life at 30. This story isn't to inspire investing in bitcoin now, it's really to help others realize, that type of opportunity is long gone.

Closed Thread