The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 15 February 2018, 05:23 AM   #31
nycpassat
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
they are either lying or will call you after the price rise. Either way that doesn't give me the warm fuzzies about that AD.
My AD who I am friends with stated she just received all her allocations (special orders) upfront for the 2018 year. And they did not include any preordered 5711s. Deposits also had to be refunded as well. She knows I already have one and would not make sense to BS. And yes, this is in the US.
nycpassat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2018, 05:28 AM   #32
verse214
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycpassat View Post
My AD who I am friends with stated she just received all her allocations (special orders) upfront for the 2018 year. And they did not include any preordered 5711s. Deposits also had to be refunded as well. She knows I already have one and would not make sense to BS. And yes, this is in the US.
I am on the list at my AD with a deposit. They notified me of the price increase and asked if I am still interested in staying on the list. They did not force me to take my deposit back after I notified them that I still would like to remain on the wait list.
verse214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2018, 05:35 AM   #33
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycpassat View Post
that can't be normal then. I didn't know that an AD didn't get any 5711's. They dont get a lot, but none. wow
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2018, 06:17 AM   #34
chiko323
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP & Rolex
Quote:
Its more the no 5711's this year and has been #1 since last April. That's 20 months w/o a 5711. That seems weird. The deposit refund is good, since they have had it a long time.

To their credit they initially quoted me 6 months for delivery and when that time passed they offered to refund the deposit but I told them to hold onto it. This time there was no choice they just told me they were sending the deposit back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chiko323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2018, 08:35 AM   #35
AlyRba
"TRF" Member

I got on the waitlist for a 5711 White dial in July 2017. My AD was expecting the watch by December but it didn’t arrive. Apparently, they were allocated 1 less white dial in 2017.

They have been told their exact 2018 allocation for both white and blue dials. I am now expecting the watch in March or after and would be paying the new price.
AlyRba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2018, 09:01 AM   #36
Jetkopite
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5131R,6263,5712T
I’ve been waiting for a white dial 5711 and was first on the list with delivery due the next few months and just received an email that my AD director spoke to Patek today and was advised no 5711 will arrive in 2018 now and that was the case around most of the U.K. ADs.. Really gutted about that news but what to do??? At least I have the blue 5711 and 5712 Tiffany stamp to wear and enjoy...
Jetkopite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2018, 09:50 AM   #37
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet knight View Post
Are price hikes confirmed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes, my PP AD who is a friend confirmed to me, and said I was very lucky to have both.
So kinda sucks if you want them, pretty cool if You have them, not wanting to sell mine, but if one day the prices are in the 45-50k zone might think about it, but just the 5711, no way am I gonna sell my 12...
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2018, 04:21 PM   #38
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetkopite View Post
I’ve been waiting for a white dial 5711 and was first on the list with delivery due the next few months and just received an email that my AD director spoke to Patek today and was advised no 5711 will arrive in 2018 now and that was the case around most of the U.K. ADs.. Really gutted about that news but what to do??? At least I have the blue 5711 and 5712 Tiffany stamp to wear and enjoy...
well thats the second time in this thread this has come up. 2 different countries too. This is weird, it really is.

Makes me wonder why even raise the price in the first place as the price seems to be irrelevant anyway with this strategy.
Old 15 February 2018, 04:35 PM   #39
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
well thats the second time in this thread this has come up. 2 different countries too. This is weird, it really is.

Makes me wonder why even raise the price in the first place as the price seems to be irrelevant anyway with this strategy.
Curved ball - maybe it’s being replaced?
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2018, 04:44 PM   #40
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
Curved ball - maybe it’s being replaced?
my theory is maybe its an allocation piece, sort of like an application piece in execution. No regular AD stock for them to sell to whoever, but still available.

Similar to my 5524 experience. It came from Patek with my name on the papers already for me, not into my AD's general stock to sell to whoever. I could see this.

replaced is entirely possible too.
Old 15 February 2018, 06:13 PM   #41
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
my theory is maybe its an allocation piece, sort of like an application piece in execution. No regular AD stock for them to sell to whoever, but still available.

Similar to my 5524 experience. It came from Patek with my name on the papers already for me, not into my AD's general stock to sell to whoever. I could see this.
Well I would agree if we were talking UK only but some of the posts are US and they don't have an allocation process as far as I understand.
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2018, 06:18 PM   #42
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
Well I would agree if we were talking UK only but some of the posts are US and they don't have an allocation process as far as I understand.
yeah. maybe its something new. Im all for whatever will help people who actually want watches to wear to be the ones who get them. I just think we are so far past that that nothing is going to help.

Something seems to be different, no idea what it all means.
Old 15 February 2018, 08:56 PM   #43
walds11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
yeah. maybe its something new. Im all for whatever will help people who actually want watches to wear to be the ones who get them. I just think we are so far past that that nothing is going to help.

Something seems to be different, no idea what it all means.
I agree, something is strange with this whole thing

I left a deposit with an AD last spring for a 5711 blue. At the time, I was apparently way up on the list with expected delivery end of 2017. That obviously didn’t happen. I asked the sales rep for an update yesterday. They haven’t received any this year yet. There is supposedly one person ahead of me. She had no information about allocations for 2018, etc. I feel like they are pulling my chain...
Old 15 February 2018, 10:01 PM   #44
kaiserphoenix
"TRF" Member

Watch: FPJ CO BL
I will be receiving mine before the price increase thankfully! This is the 5712, i think it’s just in time!!

F.P.Journe Chronometre Optimum Black Label, Patek 5811G-001, A. Lange & Söhne Lange 1 191.039, Patek 5167A-001, Rolex Yacht-Master 40 Everrose, (Wh) Rolex Daytona 116500, (Blue) Rolex Skydweller 326934, Rolex Submariner 126610LV

IG: tokyo_watch_guy
kaiserphoenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2018, 10:08 PM   #45
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
I will be receiving mine before the price increase thankfully! This is the 5712, i think it’s just in time!!

congrats.
Old 16 February 2018, 03:32 AM   #46
Carry The Interest
"TRF" Member

Watch: RLX, ALS
Quote:

Congrats to you! Very lucky you're securing one before March!
Carry The Interest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2018, 09:49 AM   #47
key
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Congrats! I'm surprised that the AD is willing to move the piece before the price increase. You must have a great relationship with your AD!

key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2018, 10:49 AM   #48
kaiserphoenix
"TRF" Member

Watch: FPJ CO BL
Quote:
Originally Posted by key View Post
Congrats! I'm surprised that the AD is willing to move the piece before the price increase. You must have a great relationship with your AD!

Yep i got the 5711, 5990, 5167 from this AD and bought several other brands too :) Relationship is key!!!

F.P.Journe Chronometre Optimum Black Label, Patek 5811G-001, A. Lange & Söhne Lange 1 191.039, Patek 5167A-001, Rolex Yacht-Master 40 Everrose, (Wh) Rolex Daytona 116500, (Blue) Rolex Skydweller 326934, Rolex Submariner 126610LV

IG: tokyo_watch_guy
kaiserphoenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2018, 01:32 PM   #49
Sheldor
"TRF" Member

Congrats on beating the deadline! I'm surprised that the shipments across ADs are so variable given how pieces are specifically selected for each. Again, maybe something new to me coming to this brand. I checked in with my AD and they have only received two watches this year thus far (and didn't really receive any at end of last year) none of which were one of the sought after pieces so its been hard on them as well to attract customers. There are actually physical stores of grey dealers with new and used Patek pieces nearby which also causes some pressure on them with a thin selection.
Sheldor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2018, 02:57 PM   #50
DocDm1972Up
"TRF" Member

Hi guys! I'm new and I'm from Russia!)) The price increase from March 1 is expected for all models or only for Nautilus?
DocDm1972Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2018, 10:13 PM   #51
Sam Philip
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocDm1972Up View Post
Hi guys! I'm new and I'm from Russia!)) The price increase from March 1 is expected for all models or only for Nautilus?
Only for 5711A and 5712A
Sam Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2018, 11:07 PM   #52
DocDm1972Up
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Philip View Post
Only for 5711A and 5712A
Thank you very much, this clarifies a lot. I ordered less than a month ago aquanaut 5167/1. I was told that delivery will be for one year! But Yesterday came the answer from the boutique that the wristwatch can be taken away. It is the leading boutique in Geneva.
DocDm1972Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2018, 09:07 AM   #53
gaeleus
"TRF" Member

Delivery times for 5711

I am currently the proud owner of a 5146G. I bought new from an AD a few years ago. At the time, I also had a deposit down on a 5711. In the end, I asked for my deposit back a few months later. Something I regret every day! Now, I can’t get any AD to even accept a deposit. Seems like the 5711 is now out of reach pretty much . To make matters worse, just saw a preowned blue dialed one for sale for 50k at my AD. That’s craziness!
gaeleus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2018, 12:15 PM   #54
Sheldor
"TRF" Member

To fuel some of the discussion here and another one of the threads, I think it's also interesting to see the supply and fulfillment or orders. I visited my ad to see if any luck for my watch to be delivered before the price increase. Unfortunately, doesn't appear to be the case but I did learn that there were given an inventory for this and other selected highly sought after models. So only one white and blue for the whole year. In the past, they would expect a couple but not be told exactly the annual quota upfront so that's new. Wonder what this means for Basel 2018 and concerning that the supply is even more constrained given the price increase and current market. Again, something I'm learning as being completely new to this brand.
Sheldor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2018, 12:42 PM   #55
AlyRba
"TRF" Member

It does seem that at least 5711 allocation is being decreased this year. My AD supposedly gets 6 5711s, 3 blue and 3 white dials, in a year. This year they will be getting 4, 2 blue and 2 white dials. Same may be the case with 5712, although I have no numbers to support it.

I thought that with price increase, they will at least keep the supply constant. It seems that supply is being decreased, at least for this year. Not sure why.
AlyRba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2018, 10:02 PM   #56
HorologyK
"TRF" Member

I think the 5167 is being decreased also.
HorologyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2018, 10:57 PM   #57
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorologyK View Post
I think the 5167 is being decreased also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliMurtaza View Post
It does seem that at least 5711 allocation is being decreased this year. My AD supposedly gets 6 5711s, 3 blue and 3 white dials, in a year. This year they will be getting 4, 2 blue and 2 white dials. Same may be the case with 5712, although I have no numbers to support it.

I thought that with price increase, they will at least keep the supply constant. It seems that supply is being decreased, at least for this year. Not sure why.
i still dont think it is. I think "general" supply to AD's might be decreasing but the difference will be allocated to customers via AD with the distributor making the decisions on who to give the watch to. It takes AD's out of the game to some extent and i think its a good thing. It means that there is an increased effort to get the watches to those who Patek wants to get the watches. AD's cant play as many shady games if this is the case, like selling to flippers.

If your AD submits your name to Patek and Patek thinks you are a good client then you will probably get the watch. I see it as holding supply and shifting it to specific customers rather than decreasing production.

Thats my theory anyway.
Old 20 February 2018, 11:06 PM   #58
HorologyK
"TRF" Member

My AD told me he’s getting less.

HorologyK is offline   Reply With Quote