The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 31 August 2023, 06:21 AM   #61
gmtmister
"TRF" Member

All in stock in Montréal, swatch store Eaton Mall. I bought Mercury :)
gmtmister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2023, 08:17 AM   #62
elwademd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspin14m View Post
Now that they are running like $300 each, its almost cheaper to just buy them from secondary sellers than pay the gas and wait in line (though the chase is fun). I'm surprised secondary sellers are still chasing them. No way are they profiting, right?
there was a new drop today - mission to moonshine gold, neptune (at least i think that's the official name). i live in vegas, and only 1 of the 2 stores carries it (the one at new york new york).

i got there a little before 8 am (store opens at 9 am). as far as i could tell, no one in the line seemed all that interested in watches, per se. from the conversations i overheard, it seemed like people were clearly planning on buying and flipping.

i left at about 930 am, as the line had not moved at all, and the few swatch folk who were outside seemed clueless about if/when they would actually start selling it. i went through the store, and it was the same - no idea when they would start selling.

i suppose i would have stuck around, but i needed to get to the office. standing in the sun (it was approaching 100 degrees, as it is still summer here) for this watch didn't seem worth my time for a relatively novelty item.
elwademd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2023, 12:50 AM   #63
mdtddd2007
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, PP, AP, GS
Was fortunate enough to get one. Thanks to my younger brother waited in line. I am looking forward to this special piece. Is the hardest to get. Can't wait to add to collection!
mdtddd2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2023, 11:42 AM   #64
Oystersteel92
"TRF" Member

Picked up a Pluto and Saturn for myself and the Mrs. at the Fashion Show Mall in Vegas on Aug 1st, dropping in around 3 pm after we got into town. They had everything but Neptune, Uranus, Moon and Mercury.

We both hated the straps they came with and just got color coded silicone straps in the mail today. Much, much better.
Oystersteel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2023, 10:17 PM   #65
cglondon
"TRF" Member

Managed to picked this up from Covent Garden, London this morning at 10am.

Really, really happy with it to be fair. Nice change from my Mars and will change out the strap for a good quality nato later tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cglondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2023, 12:26 PM   #66
njlam
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njlam View Post
Birthday today. My sister sent me a Jupiter that she got at the Union Square store in SF.

Now have the Moon, Mercury and Jupiter. Looking for the Neptune. Leaving for Edinburgh this week, hoping to add to the collection!
OP here. Fun story. The Jupiter my sister sent to me for my Birthday had a chrono hand that was not perfectly aligned. It was about 1 second off to the right and once seen, could not be unseen. As I am in a state without a Swatch store (Oregon), I was told I had to bring it to a Swatch Store that carried the MoonSwatch to be evaluated for repair or warrantee replacement.

Fast forward a few months and I am in NYC for business and went to a few Swatch stores (5th Ave/Times Square/Oculus) to ask about a repair or warranty replacement. On these initial visits I did not have my Jupiter with me, but all the managers said they needed to see the watch to evaluate if a replacement was warranted.

Initially, I brought my Jupiter to the Time Square store and they said the amount my Chrono hand was within spec and they actively sell many MoonSwatches with worse chrono hand alignment. While I was not happy with this answer, they added insult to injury by laughing when I asked if they had any Neptunes in stock.

Later in my visit, I stopped by the 5th Avenue store (where I bought a Mercury a few months ago) and asked them to look at my Jupiter. The assistant manager (Ariel) looked at it, conferred with the Manager, and they both agreed I should get a warranty replacement. I was so happy! To add to my satisfaction, as the paperwork was being completed, I asked if they had any Neptunes and they brought one out for me!

My MoonSwatch odyssey has spanned the Moon, Mercury, Jupiter and now Neptune. It is now over and I don't have any interest in the BlancPain collaboration.

My successes occurred and the NYC 5th Avenue store and the Las Vegas store at the New York New York hotel. Great people at these locations.
JLC Reverso Duo Q2714910 SS - Grand Seiko SGBA407 - Baltic Aquascaphe SS
TAG Heuer Formula One - Swatch MoonSwatch Mission to the Moon/Mercury/Jupiter/Neptune
njlam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2023, 04:06 AM   #67
Burt Macklin
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ36 Ref#126234
CGLondon,

My fiancée was in London visiting from the States that week and since she was staying close by I asked her to check the Covent Garden store for me. Texted on the 7th and said the last one was sold that morning. You, sir are wearing my watch! J/k Looks good on you, enjoy!
Burt Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2023, 01:28 PM   #68
joespeed29
"TRF" Member

Spent the weekend in Toronto for the Drake Tour... Eaton Centre had all MoonxSwatches available.... i bought Mercury.. $274'ish after the covnersion cad/usd
Wifey picked up Earth.

one per customer/per day

buying rubber straps ASAP

also the swatch rep said the other store in town (30 min away idk where) had the Blancpains in stock....
joespeed29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2023, 10:49 PM   #69
dr.ns23
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15202
Hello all, I have a question, did anyone recently purchase a Moonswatch from the London Oxford Street Store? If so, did they stamp the warranty card? Thanks
Old 19 October 2023, 10:54 PM   #70
dr.ns23
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15202
Quote:
Originally Posted by cglondon View Post

Managed to picked this up from Covent Garden, London this morning at 10am.

Really, really happy with it to be fair. Nice change from my Mars and will change out the strap for a good quality nato later tonight!

If you don't mind me asking, was the warranty card stamped? Thanks
Old 21 October 2023, 02:41 PM   #71
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Visited the Swatch store in Düsseldorf / Germany last week, they had in stock all models except Venus and Moon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2023, 05:14 AM   #72
Mendota
"TRF" Member

Watch: OP36 Blue 3-6-9
Quote:
Originally Posted by 15belowzero View Post
Mall of America tends to be consistently in stock of Uranus, Sun, Mars, earth, Jupiter and Venus (usually 3-4 of those at a time). Never seen anything else there in my ventures.
I got my Pluto at the Mall of America in either August or Sept of 2022. I haven't been back over there since, but at some point I would like to get the Earth and maybe one of the ones with the gold seconds hand if those are ever released to the general stores.

Not sure about the new Fifty Fathoms release due to the price point, but those might be fun, too. At least the Fifty Fathoms releases are water resistant to go swimming.
Mendota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2023, 11:39 AM   #73
alex.cicollo
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: A few
In Search of MoonSwatch - How many Swatch stores have you visited?

Been trying to buy the dark blue MoonSwatch at retail in London since God knows when and it’s just an impossible task. I’ve given up now ….
alex.cicollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2023, 10:33 AM   #74
DoubleJG
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060 & 16570
I have had success at the Las Vegas store in the New York, New York. I got the mission to Pluto there and I’ve seen a few others there on a couple different occasions.

DoubleJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2023, 08:19 AM   #75
Lesnerelli23
"TRF" Member

Las Vegas as well. Picked up Earth last summer.

Lesnerelli23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2023, 08:54 AM   #76
Cdaddylutz
"TRF" Member

Watch: N/A
So I guess you can finally walk in and buy them?
Can you buy more than 1 or 2 at a time?
Cdaddylutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2023, 11:40 AM   #77
Jackie Daytona
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 16750
I wish there was a Swatch store near me. I would like one. Although they are cheap watches, they look fun and enjoyable. For retail seems ok. Certainly wouldn’t pay a cent more.

They had a pop up near me in the mall not long back and I missed them opening shop by like an hour. They wet out by the time I got there. Weirdly the guy hosting the pop up was a little snappy and not overly polite for a salesman.
Old 11 November 2023, 11:52 AM   #78
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
I just went to the Swatch store in Grand Cayman last week hoping to get a look at the Blacpain Swatch. Not only did they have none of those in stock, they didn't even have a single MoonSwatch either. What a bummer.
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2023, 03:00 PM   #79
007timer
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
I recently visited the store in Jordan and they had a few options available. They had all but 3 of them available for purchase.

Also in Vienna, they had only 4 at the time.

007timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2023, 03:00 AM   #80
OmegaJJH
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Omega
I was in Covent Garden London store a couple of weeks ago and they had all models (bar one) in stock available to buy.

First time I’ve seen that !
OmegaJJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2023, 05:22 AM   #81
RTG

Watch: Sky-Dweller
Quote:
OP here. Fun story. The Jupiter my sister sent to me for my Birthday had a chrono hand that was not perfectly aligned. It was about 1 second off to the right and once seen, could not be unseen. As I am in a state without a Swatch store (Oregon), I was told I had to bring it to a Swatch Store that carried the MoonSwatch to be evaluated for repair or warrantee replacement.

Fast forward a few months and I am in NYC for business and went to a few Swatch stores (5th Ave/Times Square/Oculus) to ask about a repair or warranty replacement. On these initial visits I did not have my Jupiter with me, but all the managers said they needed to see the watch to evaluate if a replacement was warranted.

Initially, I brought my Jupiter to the Time Square store and they said the amount my Chrono hand was within spec and they actively sell many MoonSwatches with worse chrono hand alignment. While I was not happy with this answer, they added insult to injury by laughing when I asked if they had any Neptunes in stock.

Later in my visit, I stopped by the 5th Avenue store (where I bought a Mercury a few months ago) and asked them to look at my Jupiter. The assistant manager (Ariel) looked at it, conferred with the Manager, and they both agreed I should get a warranty replacement. I was so happy! To add to my satisfaction, as the paperwork was being completed, I asked if they had any Neptunes and they brought one out for me!

My MoonSwatch odyssey has spanned the Moon, Mercury, Jupiter and now Neptune. It is now over and I don't have any interest in the BlancPain collaboration.

My successes occurred and the NYC 5th Avenue store and the Las Vegas store at the New York New York hotel. Great people at these locations.
I had one where the chrono second hand was misaligned a second over. Turns out it can be aligned by the user. Found a youtube video on how to do it using the buttons. After learning how to adjust it, I realized I misaligned it myself by pushing/holding the buttons wrong when playing with it for the first time.
RTG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2023, 01:28 AM   #82
njlam
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTG View Post
I had one where the chrono second hand was misaligned a second over. Turns out it can be aligned by the user. Found a youtube video on how to do it using the buttons. After learning how to adjust it, I realized I misaligned it myself by pushing/holding the buttons wrong when playing with it for the first time.
I tried that Youtube video and the fix didn't work for my watch. The Swatch Boutique agreed it couldn't be fixed, so they gave me a new one. Nice.

Not sure I will buy any more, however I can think of occasions where Uranus and Venus would be fun.
JLC Reverso Duo Q2714910 SS - Grand Seiko SGBA407 - Baltic Aquascaphe SS
TAG Heuer Formula One - Swatch MoonSwatch Mission to the Moon/Mercury/Jupiter/Neptune
njlam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2023, 03:33 AM   #83
RTG

Watch: Sky-Dweller
Quote:
I tried that Youtube video and the fix didn't work for my watch. The Swatch Boutique agreed it couldn't be fixed, so they gave me a new one. Nice.

Not sure I will buy any more, however I can think of occasions where Uranus and Venus would be fun.
Definitely for a fun mood, not serious. Glad they finally took care of you and replaced it.
RTG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2023, 03:30 PM   #84
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
I wanted a Moonswatch when they first came out. No Swatch stores near me and their promise to get them online which still hasn’t happened. On my travels I’d been to stores in LasVegas, New York, and Houston and nothing ever available.
On a whim last weekend, I walked into the Times Square store late at night. Their Moonswatch display case wasn’t really their most prominently featured. Imagine my surprise when the salesguy told me that had all but two of them. I walked out with a Mission to the Moon. Probably won’t wear it much but fun to have. I have an Aaron Bespoke stingray strap for my Speedmaster that should fit.
I barely glanced at them but he said they had two of the Blancpain models available.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2023, 10:26 AM   #85
Langwhang
"TRF" Member

Walked into Glasgow store this afternoon and bought Earth to add to my Uranus. Really easy transaction.
Do you have Mission To Earth?
Yes.
I'll take one please.

I think the only one they didn't have was Neptune.
Langwhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2023, 06:20 PM   #86
OmegaJJH
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Omega
In Search of MoonSwatch - How many Swatch stores have you visited?

Do we feel the novelty/hype has now passed ?

Or will this continue to be a fun staple for watch enthusiasts for years to come ?

OmegaJJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2023, 06:32 PM   #87
Langwhang
"TRF" Member

The hype has certainly died down now that supply = demand but there is still a demand there as the watches still aren't available online to buy and they are still cool fun watches to own and wear.
I'm not sure I'll buy any more of them, but I'm very happy with the way Uranus and Earth fit into the collection.
Langwhang is offline   Reply With Quote