The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 28 April 2017, 11:16 AM   #61
kulak
"TRF" Member

Ayinger Dark is one of my favorites
kulak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2017, 09:43 PM   #62
austinp
"TRF" Member

Great beer and great thread!
It's such a wonderful era to be a beer drinker with fantastic breweries literally in every city in America. I love what New England is doing with their sweeter IPAs but if I had to pick a region for the most high quality beers. It's San Diego in a runaway. Every part of that place has world class offerings that are both mass produced and local only.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
austinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2017, 10:06 PM   #63
Gaijin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypuppy View Post
Washington state.
Agree. The Pacific Northwest. Oregon. Washington. Crazy good craft beer scene.

and you can if you like, so bonus.
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2017, 10:24 PM   #64
mannyv11
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD,Sub,GMT,Daytona
I've been getting into aged sour beers lately and have been dabbling in beers throughout the country trying to find the best.

If you're looking for a sour beer Jester King out of Texas is the best of the best stuff was incredible. Another fantastic sour is Russian River out of California they also make some incredible aged sours.

I also have to say that the northeast is putting out some pretty fantastic stuff, trillium comes to mind for a local brew that is awesome and they are slowly expanding their market.

Bourbon has been going crazy for the last few years which is my typical drink so I have started really expanding my collection and I am big on beer right now. It's cheap enough where I can buy that super rare bottle and not feel bad about it lol.
mannyv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2017, 12:00 AM   #65
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by kulak View Post
Ayinger Dark is one of my favorites
I rarely pass on a nice ayinger. Further proof of Germany's long standing tradition of excellent beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinp View Post
Great beer and great thread!
It's such a wonderful era to be a beer drinker with fantastic breweries literally in every city in America. I love what New England is doing with their sweeter IPAs but if I had to pick a region for the most high quality beers. It's San Diego in a runaway. Every part of that place has world class offerings that are both mass produced and local only.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Hard to argue there my friend. New England is hot hot hot right now but SD is something of a mecca for modern craft beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
Agree. The Pacific Northwest. Oregon. Washington. Crazy good craft beer scene.

and you can if you like, so bonus.
I'll have to try more stuff from the PNW. I haven't had much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyv11 View Post
I've been getting into aged sour beers lately and have been dabbling in beers throughout the country trying to find the best.

If you're looking for a sour beer Jester King out of Texas is the best of the best stuff was incredible. Another fantastic sour is Russian River out of California they also make some incredible aged sours.

I also have to say that the northeast is putting out some pretty fantastic stuff, trillium comes to mind for a local brew that is awesome and they are slowly expanding their market.

Bourbon has been going crazy for the last few years which is my typical drink so I have started really expanding my collection and I am big on beer right now. It's cheap enough where I can buy that super rare bottle and not feel bad about it lol.
I haven't dabbled too much in sours yet. I'll check jester king out

I always tell my friends who drink wine this...

For 10 dollars you get a run of the mill below average bottle of wine. For 10 dollars I can get the best beers in the world. It's not fair
GB-man is offline   Reply With Quote