The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 4 January 2008, 04:34 AM   #301
Carolina
"TRF" Member

Watch: it, Bubba!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
As for the "Stickley," arts-and-crafts era stuff, have you checked out "American Bungalow" magazine? Great source for ideas. I was glued to every issue for a while there!
No, I haven't - a good idea! Unfortunately, my tastes are sometimes too big for our budget.
.Member #5380
Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2008, 04:36 AM   #302
Carolina
"TRF" Member

Girls, I have just one thing to say. It is very cold (and very dry) here, and my hair hates it!! Can you sy "flat hair"??
.Member #5380
Old 4 January 2008, 04:47 AM   #303
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Yes, I just recentlly cut off all my hair! It's a Jamie Lee Curtis kind of cut - necessary with a little hair-puller around, plus it was really falling out from postpartum hormones. Hopefully it's a temporary thing and will start coming back in; otherwise JJ and I will have more in common than Rolexes!

Barnes and Noble has American Bungalow - it's a bi-monthly magazine, I think.
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2008, 05:11 AM   #304
Carolina
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes, I just recentlly cut off all my hair! It's a Jamie Lee Curtis kind of cut - necessary with a little hair-puller around, plus it was really falling out from postpartum hormones. Hopefully it's a temporary thing and will start coming back in; otherwise JJ and I will have more in common than Rolexes!
Right now, I'm tempted!
.Member #5380
Old 4 January 2008, 08:05 AM   #305
abigsecret
"TRF" Member

Watch: your back!
Hey hey girls, wassup??
I feel worthless today....
I am off today, and suppose to be enjoying it, but instead I feel like it's a waste...

He who knows no foreign language does not know his own.-Goethe
abigsecret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2008, 09:02 AM   #306
Carolina
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abigsecret View Post
Hey hey girls, wassup??
I am off today, and suppose to be enjoying it, but instead I feel like it's a waste...
Hi Mireyna,

Days off are supposed to be fun! What happened??
.Member #5380
Old 4 January 2008, 09:20 AM   #307
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Mireyna, I have days like that! What would cheer you up?
Old 4 January 2008, 10:21 AM   #308
kcmo
"TRF" Member

Hola Chicas!

Lisa, your hair sounds cute! Easy to manage I bet. Mine is pretty long. Need to chop it I think!

Mireyna, don't worry, it's almost the weekend! I am sooooo ready for the weekend.

My day was a bit crappy. Sometimes I just sit at my desk and dream about quitting! It's actually not a terrible job, but I guess some days just go like that!
kcmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2008, 11:07 AM   #309
Carolina
"TRF" Member

This will make you girls laugh.

Before Christmas, I took my children to the local dollar store, so they could affordably purchase gifts for the rest of the family. They were able to use their own money, and it let them participate in the "giving" part of X-mas as well.

My five year old little guy is all boy. His favorite things in life are trucks, helping daddy fix stuff, tools, and more trucks. He will get out of bed at 2 a.m. and squash a bug in the bathroom to rescue his older sister. He waits for the garbage truck on Thursdays so he can watch it empty our trash. And, of course, he wants to be a firefighter when he grows up.

Guess what he got me for Christmas? A matching lipstick/nail polish duo! In a rather attractive color, I might add. You just can't make this stuff up!
.Member #5380
Old 4 January 2008, 11:19 AM   #310
abigsecret
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina View Post

Before Christmas, I took my children to the local dollar store, so they could affordably purchase gifts for the rest of the family. They were able to use their own money, and it let them participate in the "giving" part of X-mas as well.

My five year old little guy is all boy. His favorite things in life are trucks, helping daddy fix stuff, tools, and more trucks. He will get out of bed at 2 a.m. and squash a bug in the bathroom to rescue his older sister. He waits for the garbage truck on Thursdays so he can watch it empty our trash. And, of course, he wants to be a firefighter when he grows up.

Guess what he got me for Christmas? A matching lipstick/nail polish duo! In a rather attractive color, I might add. You just can't make this stuff up!
Oh Carolina, that did put a smile on my face, thank you! How cute!

The weekend means workdays to me... my "weekend" is Tuesday and Wednesday, but because of Jan.1 falling on Tuesday I had an extra day off, which made it a 3 day weekend for me, and I have tons of stuff to do, but I can't seem to get anything done!

Now my weekend is over, and I still feel like a need to rest more! I think I just get lazy when I'm off like this....

Oh well, tomorrow back to work, and everything will fall into place I guess

Have a good night, I'm off to ironing clothes

Mireyna

Old 4 January 2008, 11:21 AM   #311
Ashley
"TRF" Member

I enjoy having days off and not doing anything. I hate being busy every day of the week.
Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2008, 12:14 PM   #312
kcmo
"TRF" Member

Cute story Carolina!
kcmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2008, 12:26 PM   #313
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Now there's a little guy who will go far in life!
Old 4 January 2008, 12:54 PM   #314
East Bay Rider
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-II 16710LN
Quote:
... He waits for the garbage truck on Thursdays so he can watch it empty our trash...
I used to want to be a garbage man when I was a little kid. I thought they only had to work one day a week.

It always just says "now"
Now you may be thinking that I was had
But this watch is never wrong
And if I have trouble the warranty said
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On
J. Buffett
Instagram: eastbayrider46
East Bay Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2008, 01:00 PM   #315
Incurable
"TRF" Member

Watch: your P's and Q's
Quote:
Originally Posted by East Bay Rider View Post
I used to want to be a garbage man when I was a little kid. I thought they only had to work one day a week.

Errr... that would residual packaging management engineer in today's world. The connotations of 'garbage man' will never do in our enlightened age...

Rolex GMT Master II 16710 (Blk/Blk)
Rolex Explorer 114270
Sinn 356 Sa Flieger
Limes Endurance 1Tausend
Too many others...

It may seem like I'm doing nothing but, at a cellular level, I'm actually quite busy...
Incurable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2008, 01:05 PM   #316
kingblackbolt
"TRF" Member

I'm sorry I saw "coffee shop" and wandered in to order a large double double with a honey cruller?

“Hail to the king, baby" Ash (Army of Darkness 1992)
kingblackbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2008, 01:42 PM   #317
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingblackbolt View Post
I'm sorry I saw "coffee shop" and wandered in to order a large double double with a honey cruller?

Pull up a chair, Ren. I've switched to decaf since it's about time to turn in *yawwwnnn....*

Getting glazed over trying to find just the right lime green table lamp for my little girl's bedroom. Aqua blue and lime green - how's that for a color combo?

I'm like you, Carolina - so much shopping, comparing, searching, looking - one does reach a saturation point and then it's just time to stop and try again tomorrow!

Mireyna, hope your day is better tomorrow.
Old 4 January 2008, 03:19 PM   #318
Incurable
"TRF" Member

Ok girls... I gotta ask this question. It's been on bugging me for some time now and it just occurred to me, this is a perfect forum to finally solve the mystery. This is a kind of a fashion question...

What do y'all think of these hip-hugging or, more disturbingly, bun-bunching jeans all the girls/women are forced to buy nowadays? It's like someone up there in bizzaro fashion land said, 'lets take all the buns we can and squash them all up as high and as little an area as possible until they overflow the top' .... I don't get it... Do women think this is attractive or, more importantly, do men.... or do women think men like it? I, for one, think it looks really dumb. There are many women of all shapes and sizes and only the ones built like a pre-pubescent girls can really get away with this new 'look'. As I'm sure you've noticed, there are lots and lots of girls wearing these who don't really do this justice (IMO). Combined with a midriff shirt and, hmmm...

Are there truly no styles available for all the other shapes that women are? This current trend reminds me of Twiggy or maybe Goldy Hawn on Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In stuff. Inna word, yuk...

Ok, there I've spilled the beans... What'cha think? *ducks for cover* Oh yeah... and don't hit me with the pants around the knees thing. It looks equally as dumb.

Rolex Explorer 114270
Sinn 356 Sa Flieger
Limes Endurance 1Tausend
Too many others...

It may seem like I'm doing nothing but, at a cellular level, I'm actually quite busy...
Old 4 January 2008, 04:07 PM   #319
Elaine

Watch: Rodium Diamond DJ
Quote:
Girls, I have just one thing to say. It is very cold (and very dry) here, and my hair hates it!! Can you sy "flat hair"??
i am at a very humid climate ... and my hair goes FRIZZZZZYYYYY
Elaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2008, 04:07 PM   #320
Elaine

Quote:

Barnes and Noble has American Bungalow - it's a bi-monthly magazine, I think.
keeping my fingers cross for you Lisa .. but i think you current hair looks cute too !!!!
Old 4 January 2008, 04:08 PM   #321
Elaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by abigsecret View Post
Hey hey girls, wassup??
cheer up pal ....... i been working for 7 days a week for a long long and only recently manage to have some down time ....

things will be better !!!!!
Old 4 January 2008, 04:09 PM   #322
Elaine

Quote:

joys of parenthood !!!!

hope one day i will experience it for myself
Old 4 January 2008, 04:10 PM   #323
Elaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incurable View Post
Ok girls... I gotta ask this question. It's been on bugging me for some time now and it just occurred to me, this is a perfect forum to finally solve the mystery. This is a kind of a fashion question...

What do y'all think of these hip-hugging or, more disturbingly, bun-bunching jeans all the girls/women are forced to buy nowadays? It's like someone up there in bizzaro fashion land said, 'lets take all the buns we can and squash them all up as high and as little an area as possible until they overflow the top' .... I don't get it... Do women think this is attractive or, more importantly, do men.... or do women think men like it? I, for one, think it looks really dumb. There are many women of all shapes and sizes and only the ones built like a pre-pubescent girls can really get away with this new 'look'. As I'm sure you've noticed, there are lots and lots of girls wearing these who don't really do this justice (IMO). Combined with a midriff shirt and, hmmm...

Are there truly no styles available for all the other shapes that women are? This current trend reminds me of Twiggy or maybe Goldy Hawn on Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In stuff. Inna word, yuk...

Ok, there I've spilled the beans... What'cha think? *ducks for cover* Oh yeah... and don't hit me with the pants around the knees thing. It looks equally as dumb.
got no answer for you Pat

though being a woman myself, i have to agree with you ....... not my kind of style and not a lot of people can carry this look !!!!!
Old 4 January 2008, 11:52 PM   #324
East Bay Rider
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-II 16710LN
The problem is that most girls can't wear that "hip hugger" look because they flab over. We call that look "muffin top".
It always just says "now"
Now you may be thinking that I was had
But this watch is never wrong
And if I have trouble the warranty said
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On
J. Buffett
Instagram: eastbayrider46
East Bay Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2008, 12:21 AM   #325
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I figured out that fashion's current trends don't give a rat's patootie about what actually looks good. I agree that the hip-hugging look is not flattering on most women, and it's too bad the so many people rather blindly succumb to bad taste in the name of fashion.

Getting a little older has taught me not to pay too much attention to what's the latest look - it is possible to find decent jeans though you may have to search a little harder and pay a little more. That said, Old Navy has come out with a new style of jeans that fit a little higher, especially in the back to prevent plumber's buns when one is seated! They're quite comfortable and look good, too. (word up, ladies: it's called "The Flirt.")

Saw a pic of Madonna not too long ago wearing ultra-high waisted jeans - maybe the trend is about to reverse. Though I must say, having a waistband up around one's ribcage isn't terribly comfortable, either. And not very forgiving of bloating!
Old 5 January 2008, 12:22 AM   #326
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine View Post
got no answer for you Pat

though being a woman myself, i have to agree with you ....... not my kind of style and not a lot of people can carry this look !!!!!
Though too many people try to who shouldn't!
Old 5 January 2008, 12:24 AM   #327
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Huh... flossing his hair you say? Wow, looks like he's got more guitars than arms and fingers to play them. I'm seeing multiple SG Std's, an LP, Telly and Strat... Is that a Wah-Wah peddle I see on the floor? Ha, that's a hoot. Ask your hubby if he remembers a Big Muff Pi? I have an original. Ok I'm aging myself. Great gear he's got there. I take it you have him sequestered to a room off the beaten path somewhere for all that stuff. Great "guy" stuff but not for public consumption. Anyway, this is not girl talk so I'll keep it brief.

Thanks for the peek into your world. Does he still play regularly? I hope so with all that stuff. It's always fun and cathartic to spend a couple hours 'noodling'. Here's a couple links of my own...

But wait, there's more(now)...
Rocking out...
I remember hair...
Husband loved your guitar pics. Quite a collection you have there. Several Martins? A couple he couldn't identify. His big question: Do you still have that black Les Paul custom pictured in your earlier days? Even a non-aficionado like myself could see that was one beautiful guitar.
Old 5 January 2008, 12:52 AM   #328
Incurable
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Husband loved your guitar pics. Quite a collection you have there. Several Martins? A couple he couldn't identify. His big question: Do you still have that black Les Paul custom pictured in your earlier days? Even a non-aficionado like myself could see that was one beautiful guitar.
Unfortunately not... I traded it in the 70's for the Tobacco Sunburst Les Paul I still have today. The black beauty was a 20th anniversary model and worth quite a bit more than my current one in today's market. Oops... Frankly, the one I have is a better guitar technically despite it not looking as 'purdy'... Even so, my LP is almost 30 years old now and quite a jewel in it's own right.

Rolex Explorer 114270
Sinn 356 Sa Flieger
Limes Endurance 1Tausend
Too many others...

Old 5 January 2008, 01:25 AM   #329
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Unfortunately not... I traded it in the 70's for the Tobacco Sunburst Les Paul I still have today. The black beauty was a 20th anniversary model and worth quite a bit more than my current one in today's market. Oops... Frankly, the one I have is a better guitar technically despite it not looking as 'purdy'... Even so, my LP is almost 30 years old now and quite a jewel in it's own right.
20-20 hindsight. At least you have the photos and memories! Husband once owned a nice black SG - wish I could tell you more details but don't know them - and traded it for something like a "Sonex?" when he was still in high school. He still cries in his sleep over that one.

Yes, he noticed your tobacco sunburst Les Paul, too. Very nice!
Old 5 January 2008, 02:05 AM   #330
abigsecret
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I figured out that fashion's current trends don't give a rat's patootie about what actually looks good. I agree that the hip-hugging look is not flattering on most women, and it's too bad the so many people rather blindly succumb to bad taste in the name of fashion.

Getting a little older has taught me not to pay too much attention to what's the latest look - it is possible to find decent jeans though you may have to search a little harder and pay a little more. That said, Old Navy has come out with a new style of jeans that fit a little higher, especially in the back to prevent plumber's buns when one is seated! They're quite comfortable and look good, too. (word up, ladies: it's called "The Flirt.")

Saw a pic of Madonna not too long ago wearing ultra-high waisted jeans - maybe the trend is about to reverse. Though I must say, having a waistband up around one's ribcage isn't terribly comfortable, either. And not very forgiving of bloating!
I agree that most women shouldn't be wearing this. I myself wear a small in pants size, and I still don't feel it's appropriate for me to wear as I'm a married woman. I don't have any joy in other men being able to see the thong design I'm wearing... you know what I mean? It's so vulgar!
So we're with you Pat! (Couldn't you figure the women here on TRF have a little more class than that??)