The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 14 October 2017, 02:44 AM   #31
Magwitch
Banned

Well said, Grady! I have always found your posts to be well-reasoned.

I retired 1 Sept and am adjusting to a completely new life and a new financial picture. I often think of regrets, money wasted, etc. I recovered from a near death accident 26 years ago, lost a leg in the process, and have made it through.

I hope to live out my time in health and happiness. Your words are inspirational. Thank you!
Magwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2017, 04:16 AM   #32
clock
Banned

Grady, you certainly have a positive attitude and as others have mentioned, you already have impacted lives you are not aware of from people you will probably never meet.

I've come to realize how our life choices that were made decades ago can have consequences that we never thought at the time would bring us to how we
live our lives now.
The "Butterfly Effect" is a concept that I had little awareness years back.

The movie with George Burns called Eighteen Again is one that has important life lessons for younger people. Hopefully my sons have gained a greater perspective from watching this movie.

I believe it's important to admit to oneself any regrets they have and more important to accept and come to peace with them. And be thankful for what they have now.
clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2017, 09:06 AM   #33
Canefan1
Banned

I’m still not being the best I can be. Just like to treat others with respect. Still need work on decision making. Salud to you Grady
Canefan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2017, 09:24 AM   #34
Boothroyd
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Wilsdorf(s)
Grady, I always enjoy your posts, and that is your best! Agreed.
Old 14 October 2017, 09:27 AM   #35
Oceanlover914
"TRF" Member

Watch: None at the moment
Well spoken!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 14 October 2017, 10:15 AM   #36
Laszlo

Watch: Date & No Date
Really well said, Grady.

Inspirational as well.

Paul Henreid as Victor Laszlo in Casablanca
Laszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2017, 10:38 AM   #37
GradyPhilpott

Watch: 116710 BLNR
Thanks to everyone who has responded and for all the kind words.

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
GradyPhilpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2017, 03:25 PM   #38
rolex75216
"TRF" Member

Great post. Agree!
rolex75216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2017, 03:36 PM   #39
BNA/LION

Watch: ROLEX
I Agree and Appreciate your post.

In my fifth decade I have many bridges to cross, lessons to learn and fellow human beings to positively influence along my journey.

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2017, 02:17 AM   #40
Beo3
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Too Many
I regret very few things in my life. The three things that I do regret are as follows;
1. I am not as fluent in Spanish as I'd like to be
2. My penmanship SUCKS
3. My writing abilities are not as strong as they should be

I know that these regrets are easily corrected, but in my fifth decade occupying this planet I've just become to set in my ways.
Beo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2017, 03:50 AM   #41
KrismanX
"TRF" Member

Watch: my feet.
Grady, in my time on TRF you have always had a positive influence on this forum, and I'm sure that GP flava' comes across exponentially awesome in person. You are a quality and worthy human being, as we all are, and I am honored to post alongside you

I am only in my third decade on this little dust ball, and I have done and seen things I probably should never have experienced; nor should anyone. Sometimes I wish I had a different perspective or option at the time; but every single experience, good or terrifyingly bad, has shaped me into the person I am today and will continue to shape me as time goes forward. I am the artist, and I am the clay. Paraphrasing Oprah: you can use your tragedies to keep yourself in a hole of despair and regret, or you can use your tragedies as tools to cultivate your character and build your life the way you want. Yes, they are strange references; but if Harland Sanders could turn around from almost committing suicide at 65 to creating and selling off KFC at 88, I believe it is NEVER too late to change your life for the better. It only takes a moment for tragedy--or fortune--to strike.

Happiness is a skill that must be conditioned every day, just like your love muscle, your kindness muscle, your confidence, your calm... I will admit that I have found myself in some very dark places since my injury last year, and it rekindled a lot of unaddressed emotions from my past. I have mostly great days; but I have fought the good fight against depression for the greater part of my entire life.

I am truly grateful for discovering this forum, and the absolute gold mine of outstanding individuals in these digital pages. Grady, keep rockin! To anyone suffering: Your life is always under construction. Building something as beautiful as you happens brick by brick...and don't mind the debris. I've got a broom!

Ramble: Complete.

"Better three hours too soon, than a minute too late."

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us."

ref. 116520 Daytona - 10/2014
KrismanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2017, 05:26 AM   #42
GradyPhilpott

Watch: 116710 BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrismanX View Post
To anyone suffering: Your life is always under construction. Building something as beautiful as you happens brick by brick...and don't mind the debris. I've got a broom!

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
GradyPhilpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2017, 07:20 AM   #43
tatery
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570 polar
Well said
Old 16 October 2017, 07:24 AM   #44
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
Grady, I turn 68 next week and made some dumb decisions, and some smart ones, and looking back, I can live with my decisions. I worked very hard, and now am enjoying retirement. You wrote a very nice piece, Grady, chock full of wisdom.
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2017, 07:28 AM   #45
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrismanX View Post
Grady, in my time on TRF you have always had a positive influence on this forum, and I'm sure that GP flava' comes across exponentially awesome in person. You are a quality and worthy human being, as we all are, and I am honored to post alongside you

I am only in my third decade on this little dust ball, and I have done and seen things I probably should never have experienced; nor should anyone. Sometimes I wish I had a different perspective or option at the time; but every single experience, good or terrifyingly bad, has shaped me into the person I am today and will continue to shape me as time goes forward. I am the artist, and I am the clay. Paraphrasing Oprah: you can use your tragedies to keep yourself in a hole of despair and regret, or you can use your tragedies as tools to cultivate your character and build your life the way you want. Yes, they are strange references; but if Harland Sanders could turn around from almost committing suicide at 65 to creating and selling off KFC at 88, I believe it is NEVER too late to change your life for the better. It only takes a moment for tragedy--or fortune--to strike.

Happiness is a skill that must be conditioned every day, just like your love muscle, your kindness muscle, your confidence, your calm... I will admit that I have found myself in some very dark places since my injury last year, and it rekindled a lot of unaddressed emotions from my past. I have mostly great days; but I have fought the good fight against depression for the greater part of my entire life.

I am truly grateful for discovering this forum, and the absolute gold mine of outstanding individuals in these digital pages. Grady, keep rockin! To anyone suffering: Your life is always under construction. Building something as beautiful as you happens brick by brick...and don't mind the debris. I've got a broom!

Ramble: Complete.

locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote