The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 26 February 2022, 12:17 PM   #61
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Great review and images, thanks. Love the look and the watch overall.
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2022, 02:43 AM   #62
bullies
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongrelnomoad View Post
I think so... The company's amazing to deal with, so I'm sure you'd get a definitive answer if you shot them an email.
I ordered one this morning - with a few questions in the order form. They’ve reached out already and helped. I’m pretty pumped up… going to be a long wait
AP 15400
bullies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2022, 03:09 PM   #63
Nathan_
"TRF" Member

An excellent read indeed, thanks for sharing!

As you already had a PP Aqua, why did this not fit within your desired requirements?

You also note you found the VC Overseas "bulbous and awkward" with the VCOS <assuming> 4500V @ 11mm Vs the Antarctique @ 10.6mm & 41mm Vs 40.5 respectively. I am drawn to the Czapek Antarctique due to sharing a very similar profile on paper as my VCOS, what am i missing here? I unfortunately don't have the luxury to try one locally, so your comments have me worried!
Nathan_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2022, 04:00 PM   #64
Maxtor
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Exp 1, DJ Tuxedo
Great review. A brand worthy of consideration!
Maxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2022, 07:51 PM   #65
mongrelnomoad
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
Great review and images, thanks. Love the look and the watch overall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtor View Post
Great review. A brand worthy of consideration!
Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_ View Post
An excellent read indeed, thanks for sharing!

As you already had a PP Aqua, why did this not fit within your desired requirements?

You also note you found the VC Overseas "bulbous and awkward" with the VCOS <assuming> 4500V @ 11mm Vs the Antarctique @ 10.6mm & 41mm Vs 40.5 respectively. I am drawn to the Czapek Antarctique due to sharing a very similar profile on paper as my VCOS, what am i missing here? I unfortunately don't have the luxury to try one locally, so your comments have me worried!
My Aquanaut is over 20 years old, bought new for my birthday, and with great sentimental significance. I wore it at my graduation(s), at my wedding, at the birth of each of my children. I no longer feel comfortable using it daily.

Regarding the VCO - as I'm sure you know, numbers tell only half the story. On the wrist, it wears far larger than the numerically similar Czapek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullies View Post
I ordered one this morning - with a few questions in the order form. They’ve reached out already and helped. I’m pretty pumped up… going to be a long wait
Hope you enjoy it! Photos please!
mongrelnomoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2022, 09:57 PM   #66
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Incoming! Czapek Antarctique 'Secret Alloy'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_ View Post

You also note you found the VC Overseas "bulbous and awkward" with the VCOS &lt;assuming&gt; 4500V @ 11mm Vs the Antarctique @ 10.6mm & 41mm Vs 40.5 respectively. I am drawn to the Czapek Antarctique due to sharing a very similar profile on paper as my VCOS, what am i missing here? I unfortunately don't have the luxury to try one locally, so your comments have me worried!
VCO 3 hander (4500V) wears smaller than Rolex sports watches. I'd say it wears smaller than a sub but not quite as low profile as a Daytona/DJ41. The first end link leaving the watch head is where it is too big for small-wristed people if I had to guess.

I know you own one but for others' info you have to take a look at the end links leaving your 40mm watches and make sure yours flare out and not down. The departure angle is fixed on the bracelet.

My wrist is 7.25" around or 55mm across the top for comparison.

I've read the bulbous and awkward comment from OP on here and I'm glad I disregarded it and got on the list for the 4500V anyway.

Old 28 February 2022, 10:30 PM   #67
mongrelnomoad
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
VCO 3 hander (4500V) wears smaller than Rolex sports watches. I'd say it wears smaller than a sub but not quite as low profile as a Daytona/DJ41. The first end link leaving the watch head is where it is too big for small-wristed people if I had to guess.

I know you own one but for others' info you have to take a look at the end links leaving your 40mm watches and make sure yours flare out and not down. The departure angle is fixed on the bracelet.

I've read the bulbous comment from OP on here and I'm glad I disregarded it and got on the list for the 4500V anyway.

My own experiences were very different. As always and with everything, only proves YMMV. I’m very happy you like you VCO, and enjoy it in good health.
Old 1 March 2022, 02:34 PM   #68
Nathan_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Regarding the VCO - as I'm sure you know, numbers tell only half the story. On the wrist, it wears far larger than the numerically similar Czapek.
Thanks for the reply, if that is the case then I will need to certainly try it on before purchasing.
Nathan_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2022, 06:30 PM   #69
Bug04
"TRF" Member

Totally agree on 4500! I believe it also depends on wrist shape, not only size, but the 3 hands wears smooth with flat wrists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post

I've read the bulbous and awkward comment from OP on here and I'm glad I disregarded it and got on the list for the 4500V anyway.
Bug04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2022, 09:50 PM   #70
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Incoming! Czapek Antarctique 'Secret Alloy'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug04 View Post
Totally agree on 4500! I believe it also depends on wrist shape, not only size, but the 3 hands wears smooth with flat wrists.

Some bulbousness in action.
Old 17 March 2022, 03:29 PM   #71
mongrelnomoad
"TRF" Member

Such a great watch - yesterday, in the Maldives, doing everything you could possibly ask of a sports watch, without breaking a sweat...

Old 17 March 2022, 04:43 PM   #72
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Watch: and wait
Very cool

Quote:
Such a great watch - yesterday, in the Maldives, doing everything you could possibly ask of a sports watch, without breaking a sweat...

pic and the watch is growing on me.
Moondoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2022, 03:04 AM   #73
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Love seeing the travel photos, exactly what I want mine for
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote