The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11 February 2020, 12:39 AM   #1
Rolexallday
Banned

Rolex and Finances

Before I joined these forums and got into watches I figured anyone with a rolex would be making 100k plus forsure, but seems like some people love the brand so much they buy it and don't make a lot of money, have a small house or not so great cars seems odd but I'm assuming these guys love watches or trying to pretend they are something they are not? I've never spent more then a few percent of my income a year on watches but I supposed each to their own,,,,I figure you should have house/cars and all debts paid before buying luxury items, just my 2 cents
Old 11 February 2020, 12:41 AM   #2
interestedwatcher
2024 Pledge Member

I'm pretty sure you're a troll account at this point.
Old 11 February 2020, 12:43 AM   #3
Rolexallday
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by interestedwatcher View Post
I'm pretty sure you're a troll account at this point.
LOL why?
Old 11 February 2020, 12:45 AM   #4
astewartconst
"TRF" Member

Buckle up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11 February 2020, 12:47 AM   #5
ashokleyland
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060,PAM,DJ
finance adviser in the house.
Old 11 February 2020, 12:48 AM   #6
time_and_cars
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolexallday View Post
Before I joined these forums and got into watches I figured anyone with a rolex would be making 100k plus forsure, but seems like some people love the brand so much they buy it and don't make a lot of money, have a small house or not so great cars seems odd but I'm assuming these guys love watches or trying to pretend they are something they are not? I've never spent more then a few percent of my income a year on watches but I supposed each to their own,,,,I figure you should have house/cars and all debts paid before buying luxury items, just my 2 cents

You don't hear about the new Rolex requirements in order to get a Watch..... Bank account statement, minimum two sport cars fully paid preferred Porsche and lambo or similar, a beach house at least....

Dont be such a jerk bro... People buy what they like and if they spend they money what is the problem...... For me the problem is if someone buy a Rolex and for that reason he believes he is above other people
Old 11 February 2020, 12:50 AM   #7
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
I supposed each to their own
You should have stopped here

IBTL
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
Old 11 February 2020, 12:52 AM   #8
J to the Z
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP
Although buying what I like is the #1 factor, I tend to look at a watch purchase from a net worth perspective and not an income perspective. I consider my watches to be assets that count toward my net worth and as long as you’re buying at the right prices then you’re simply converting part of your net worth into watches (in some cases buying a watch at MSRP actually increases your net worth). You have to decide what percentage of your net worth you feel comfortable being held in watches, which obviously depends on your own unique circumstance. I’m not an advocate of using watches as investments, but being mindful of how much of your net worth is tied up in watches is something to be cognizant of.

Old 11 February 2020, 12:54 AM   #9
cerendigit
"TRF" Member

Watch: Casio digital
Nice troll op.

Also Mods please close this.
Old 11 February 2020, 12:55 AM   #10
Manu77
"TRF" Member

Troll !!!!!!!!
Old 11 February 2020, 12:56 AM   #11
Littletommy
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:

Some punctuation and sentence structure would have made this an easier read.
Old 11 February 2020, 12:56 AM   #12
Rolexallday
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by time_and_cars View Post
You don't hear about the new Rolex requirements in order to get a Watch..... Bank account statement, minimum two sport cars fully paid preferred Porsche and lambo or similar, a beach house at least....

Dont be such a jerk bro... People buy what they like and if they spend they money what is the problem...... For me the problem is if someone buy a Rolex and for that reason he believes he is above other people
How am I being a jerk?
Old 11 February 2020, 12:57 AM   #13
benouah
"TRF" Member

Closed Thread