The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 26 October 2023, 09:40 AM   #1
rcwatchcollector
Banned

I know this is not the norm here

But I told my SA that I didn't want a RO 3 hander. I prefer the Offshores and after that the 41 RO Chrono. He is going to keep me in mind for any of the new edition 43 ROO chronos that come in. apart from the end of days. he said that one will be really hard to get for me.
rcwatchcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2023, 10:31 AM   #2
~JJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: explorer
From my observation it seems a bit cyclical. When I first started following AP everyone on this forum wanted the latest ROO and were chasing limited editions. That pendulum swung hard and everyone wanted RO for the past 5-7 years. Seems like I’m hearing more positive vibes on ROO this past year. In the end, buy and wear what you enjoy.
~JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2023, 11:55 AM   #3
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcwatchcollector View Post
But I told my SA that I didn't want a RO 3 hander. I prefer the Offshores and after that the 41 RO Chrono. He is going to keep me in mind for any of the new edition 43 ROO chronos that come in. apart from the end of days. he said that one will be really hard to get for me.
Would this be your first AP that you’re targeting from the boutique?
They probably appreciate that you aren’t asking strictly for a RO, and I would expect it should be soon that you’ll get a ROO since you are open to all the 43s. Don’t forget about the Code, you may be surprised how much you like it if you see it in the metal.
Armis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2023, 12:14 PM   #4
rcwatchcollector
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armis View Post
Would this be your first AP that you’re targeting from the boutique?
They probably appreciate that you aren’t asking strictly for a RO, and I would expect it should be soon that you’ll get a ROO since you are open to all the 43s. Don’t forget about the Code, you may be surprised how much you like it if you see it in the metal.

I got a black 43 chrono and a green diver already from boutique. So this will be a third watch. I know it’s redundant to get another offshore but I really like the new 43 variants that just came out. Like the black and blue ceramic 43. Or the pink gold and titanium model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 26 October 2023, 12:14 PM   #5
rcwatchcollector
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~JJ View Post
From my observation it seems a bit cyclical. When I first started following AP everyone on this forum wanted the latest ROO and were chasing limited editions. That pendulum swung hard and everyone wanted RO for the past 5-7 years. Seems like I’m hearing more positive vibes on ROO this past year. In the end, buy and wear what you enjoy.

So I’m on the crest of a swing back to offshores! Nice.

Old 26 October 2023, 12:17 PM   #6
crispyness87
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I got a black 43 chrono and a green diver already from boutique. So this will be a third watch. I know it’s redundant to get another offshore but I really like the new 43 variants that just came out. Like the black and blue ceramic 43. Or the pink gold and titanium model.

If you get the new rose gold grey 43mm ROO, I don’t think that would be redundant to your collection. And it’s a beauty.
crispyness87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2023, 03:44 PM   #7
NB614
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP / PP / Rolex
I don't see why they wouldn't offer you a third offshore, especially if that's what you truly want. Also, while having multiple offshores in your collection may seem redundant, if that's what you love then that's what you should collect!

I recently turned down the End of Days as well as the ceramic / yellow gold 43mm offshore. Both are gorgeous watches, I just wasn't in love with them on my own wrist.
NB614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2023, 04:34 PM   #8
Uros
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~JJ View Post

True:) it was all about 44mm limited editions back in the days. And of course variety of straps. 3 handers were entry level “ok” watches

Uros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2023, 04:55 PM   #9
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Certainly not redundant at all, at least not to me. I’m sure I’m not the only one who has had more than one ROO 42 or 44. I have a 43, and really like a number of others, but had been waiting to see what new ones may be released.
Now you make me wonder if we are the minority, but I never considered redundancy in regard to the ROOs or ROs :)
The two you mention above are awesome, so I hope your allocation comes soon.
Armis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2023, 10:28 PM   #10
rcwatchcollector
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispyness87 View Post
If you get the new rose gold grey 43mm ROO, I don’t think that would be redundant to your collection. And it’s a beauty.

Yeah the pink and titanium is amazing.

Old 26 October 2023, 10:30 PM   #11
rcwatchcollector
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NB614 View Post
I don't see why they wouldn't offer you a third offshore, especially if that's what you truly want. Also, while having multiple offshores in your collection may seem redundant, if that's what you love then that's what you should collect!

I recently turned down the End of Days as well as the ceramic / yellow gold 43mm offshore. Both are gorgeous watches, I just wasn't in love with them on my own wrist.

You must have a very long history with AP to be offered the end of days. The SA told me the old ones are jumping in price on the secondary market because collectors want the set.

Old 26 October 2023, 10:31 PM   #12
rcwatchcollector
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uros View Post
True:) it was all about 44mm limited editions back in the days. And of course variety of straps. 3 handers were entry level “ok” watches

That’s what I see when I try on a 3 hand. Decent entry level AP. Like a Rolex OP. Ha ha.

Old 26 October 2023, 10:33 PM   #13
rcwatchcollector
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armis View Post
Certainly not redundant at all, at least not to me. I’m sure I’m not the only one who has had more than one ROO 42 or 44. I have a 43, and really like a number of others, but had been waiting to see what new ones may be released.
Now you make me wonder if we are the minority, but I never considered redundancy in regard to the ROOs or ROs :)
The two you mention above are awesome, so I hope your allocation comes soon.

It sure seems everyone is still on the RO train now. Might play in my favor as I’m asking for only offshores.