The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 15 September 2021, 12:09 AM   #1
bob99
"TRF" Member

Integrating an Apple Watch into the Rolex clasp

Wondering if anyone has designed an aftermarket solution that integrates the Apple watch into a Rolex bracelet?

I'm thinking something where it would replace the clasp, so you have what amounts to a double-sided watch, with the Apple watch on the inside of the wrist.

I love my Rolex and don't plan to stop wearing it, but I'm looking for a way to integrate the fitness tracking of the Apple watch without wearing two watches.

I realize this is ridiculous. Thank you for your consideration :)
bob99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2021, 12:16 AM   #2
Easy E
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Easy E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2021, 12:18 AM   #3
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
I think we’ll see something down the road but in reality making an Apple Watch look like a Rolex or other timepiece would make more practical sense imop
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2021, 12:23 AM   #4
yuk0nxl1
"TRF" Member

Think this be too much bulk.

Mont Blanc tried something similar a few years back with their smart clasp, but it fell flat on its face.

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/montbla...ment-platform/

Last year I read an article about a company that can turn any watch into a smartwatch with a coin sized monitor that is applied on a caseback. Could not find the link to this but their demo was on the Polor Explorer II.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yuk0nxl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2021, 12:39 AM   #5
Potawatomi
"TRF" Member

This is what has become of TRF.
Potawatomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2021, 12:41 AM   #6
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Sorry, I just don’t see that ever happening.
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2021, 12:42 AM   #7
zengineer
"TRF" Member

I don't want to be that connected. As. Joe Walsh put it....Just leave a message...maybe I'll call.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
zengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2021, 12:44 AM   #8
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Fail….
1665fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2021, 12:54 AM   #9
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potawatomi View Post
Yet when Buzz Aldrin does it with two watches on 1 bracelet it's all cool and dandy, right.

Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2021, 01:09 AM   #10
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob99 View Post
Wondering if anyone has designed an aftermarket solution that integrates the Apple watch into a Rolex bracelet?

I'm thinking something where it would replace the clasp, so you have what amounts to a double-sided watch, with the Apple watch on the inside of the wrist.

I love my Rolex and don't plan to stop wearing it, but I'm looking for a way to integrate the fitness tracking of the Apple watch without wearing two watches.

Well as you quote I realize this is ridiculous.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2021, 01:21 AM   #11
Kevin of Larchmont
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Ingersoll Mickey
I invented this and built a working prototype but then I realized it was stupid and ugly so I hit it with a hammer and threw it into the river.
Kevin of Larchmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2021, 01:23 AM   #12
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Reality is we are all better off being more unplugged and less tracked. I don’t need a watch to tell me I’m slacking at the gym.
Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2021, 01:38 AM   #13
ratty
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas and Subs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahlberg View Post
Yet when Buzz Aldrin does it with two watches on 1 bracelet it's all cool and dandy, right.

Do you really think so?
ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2021, 01:44 AM   #14
doboy007
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR/LVc/SkyD/ND41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potawatomi View Post
doboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2021, 01:51 AM   #15
Potawatomi
"TRF" Member

Quote:

That's not cool at all.
Potawatomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2021, 01:54 AM   #16
thesharkfactor
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Only the man on the moon would do that.
thesharkfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2021, 01:55 AM   #17
yuk0nxl1
"TRF" Member

Integrating an Apple Watch into the Rolex clasp

Quote:

Sure about that... Looks like 3. Look at his left arm. You see a watch, 2 links then another watch on the same bracelet.

yuk0nxl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2021, 03:15 AM   #18
douglasf13
"TRF" Member

The writing is on the wall, which is why I laugh a bit at the crazy prices people are paying for some mechanicals right now. While many of us aren't ready to wear smartwatches, myself included, there will be a tipping point where the health features will make them necessary for our lives, and I can see the price dropping right out of mechanicals. Apple is already the largest "watch" seller in the world, despite the product still being relatively immature.

As far as wearing an Apple Watch and Rolex at the same time? No thanks. At that point, it's a bit like pulling your vintage 911 around on a trailer behind your Tesla. If you desire wearing a smartwhatch, I'd just commit to it.
douglasf13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2021, 03:19 AM   #19
Beto737
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob99 View Post
Wondering if anyone has designed an aftermarket solution that integrates the Apple watch into a Rolex

This should be a sin. I’m throwing holy water at you as I’m typing this..
Beto737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2021, 03:24 AM   #20
Cryten
"TRF" Member

I never understood these fitness trackers. It seems to me that most people wearing them aren't into fitness but rather use them to count steps so they can justify another piece of chocolate cake.

When doing exercise or some other activity you want to track, then wear the fitness watch. When you're not, wear a normal watch.

If you think you're getting exercise going to the beer fridge for another bottle, then I'm afraid your fitness tracker is lying to you.
Cryten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2021, 03:28 AM   #21
Kevin of Larchmont
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Ingersoll Mickey
Quote:
Originally Posted by douglasf13 View Post
The writing is on the wall, which is why I laugh a bit at the crazy prices people are paying for some mechanicals right now. While many of us aren't ready to wear smartwatches, myself included, there will be a tipping point where the health features will make them necessary for our lives, and I can see the price dropping right out of mechanicals. Apple is already the largest "watch" seller in the world, despite the product still being relatively immature.

As far as wearing an Apple Watch and Rolex at the same time? No thanks. At that point, it's a bit like pulling your vintage 911 around on a trailer behind your Tesla. If you desire wearing a smartwhatch, I'd just commit to it.
The distinction is that an Apple Watch isn’t a watch, it’s a computer that you wear on your wrist. The corollary is quartz watches which many thought was the beginning of the end of mechanical watches and yet hear we sit writing and reading about them. And if it’s true that Apple “watches” overtake mechanical watches and supply drops then that will only increase the fervor of those who appreciate them. And as for health features being necessary, we’ve lived this long without them.
Kevin of Larchmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2021, 03:34 AM   #22
JerBear
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Less is more, Buzz. Less is more.
JerBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2021, 05:19 AM   #23
Roddypeepa
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41 SubC SMPCcoax
Aah yes the answer to the question nobody was asking. Very good.

Roddypeepa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2021, 05:22 AM   #24
amphr1
2024 Pledge Member

You need an Oura ring!

Also "you're dead to me" say Kevin O'leary, if you wear an apple watch.
amphr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2021, 05:27 AM   #25
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryten View Post
I never understood these fitness trackers. It seems to me that most people wearing them aren't into fitness but rather use them to count steps so they can justify another piece of chocolate cake.

When doing exercise or some other activity you want to track, then wear the fitness watch. When you're not, wear a normal watch.

If you think you're getting exercise going to the beer fridge for another bottle, then I'm afraid your fitness tracker is lying to you.
Darn it!

I kind of get what the OP is asking, but until they can put all the functions of an Apple Watch in to a single (undetectable) link, I’m wearing my Rolex and no Apple product
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2021, 05:37 AM   #26
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuk0nxl1 View Post
Sure about that... Looks like 3. Look at his left arm. You see a watch, 2 links then another watch on the same bracelet.

You saw what I wrote right?

''with two watches on 1 bracelet''
Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2021, 07:25 AM   #27
douglasf13
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin of Larchmont View Post
The distinction is that an Apple Watch isn’t a watch, it’s a computer that you wear on your wrist. The corollary is quartz watches which many thought was the beginning of the end of mechanical watches and yet hear we sit writing and reading about them. And if it’s true that Apple “watches” overtake mechanical watches and supply drops then that will only increase the fervor of those who appreciate them. And as for health features being necessary, we’ve lived this long without them.
Nah, it's not like the quartz crisis at all. With the quartz crisis, one could decide which type of watch to wear, but they essentially did the same thing, more or less, so mechanicals simply moved up market.

With the Apple Watch, which is very much still a "watch," you have a bevy of health and other features that are competing for wrist real estate, which is why you see posts like this from people who want stay interested in a somewhat esoteric hobby while simultaneously taking advantage of smartwatch features. Eventually, the mechanical watch will be the vestigial tail that falls off, just like my grandparents' currently-unused pocket watch succumbed to the wristwatch, the latter of which was seen as quite "feminine" for years prior.
douglasf13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2021, 09:07 AM   #28
Likestheshiny
"TRF" Member

Quote:
With the Apple Watch, which is very much still a "watch," you have a bevy of health and other features that are competing for wrist real estate, which is why you see posts like this from people who want stay interested in a somewhat esoteric hobby while simultaneously taking advantage of smartwatch features. Eventually, the mechanical watch will be the vestigial tail that falls off, just like my grandparents' currently-unused pocket watch succumbed to the wristwatch, the latter of which was seen as quite "feminine" for years prior.
All true as long as the wrist continues to be the preferred choice to convey information from your pocket computer (phone). How long do you think that will last? It strikes me as pretty unlikely that teeny-tiny little screens on our wrists will be the preferred medium for very long. I imagine smartwatches are just a temporary stop on the way to a better and more user-friendly mixed-reality approach. There's a reason everyone is also working on smartglasses, and even contact lenses. Currently those options are terrible -- even worse than the teeny little screen on your wrist -- but it won't be that way forever.

*edit* And of course, all of this ignores that we have two wrists, and don't actually have to choose.
Likestheshiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2021, 09:28 AM   #29
Lash L
"TRF" Member

Um, this dude went to the moon and back. In a time when science matters most, he is living proof that science is real. Lol. Buzz is the man. When certain folks don’t believe in science I ask if we landed on the moon. Those that are suspect usually say NO.. Time itself proves that science is real. Hell yeah Buzz.
Lash L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2021, 09:41 AM   #30
Ny325
"TRF" Member

Watch: DW-5600BB
No smart watches for me.
Ny325 is offline   Reply With Quote