The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 25 September 2021, 10:30 AM   #61
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

It's a mixed bag for sure. Both my experiences with WoS in Las Vegas (Rolex and Patek) and New York (Patek) was so bad that it seemed like something out of a movie demonstrating false elitism and making sure my family and myself remember we're not good enough to be in their stores (I don't really care when it's toward me...I understand the environment and take it in stride... But when you demonstrate this on my wife and kids.... That's where I cut ties). But I'm sure some people have excellent service at these same stores. Used to have a great relationship with Wynn Rolex before it went to WoS....I won't step in their stores now from these experiences. Good thing I'm with an AD that has my back.
sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2021, 11:36 AM   #62
PPcollector
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensui View Post
It's a mixed bag for sure. Both my experiences with WoS in Las Vegas (Rolex and Patek) and New York (Patek) was so bad that it seemed like something out of a movie demonstrating false elitism and making sure my family and myself remember we're not good enough to be in their stores (I don't really care when it's toward me...I understand the environment and take it in stride... But when you demonstrate this on my wife and kids.... That's where I cut ties). But I'm sure some people have excellent service at these same stores. Used to have a great relationship with Wynn Rolex before it went to WoS....I won't step in their stores now from these experiences. Good thing I'm with an AD that has my back.
Glad you didn’t give up on your passion for Patek. I believe your own wallet speaks volumes and if an AD isn’t a proper “fit” then move onto another whom will work with you and that you can trust. Some ADs are more interested in “whales” while others may be better suited for the passionate collectors.
PPcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2021, 02:21 PM   #63
David001
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patekaddict View Post
I have over 35 Pateks at this point in my collection and as I stated I started a relationship with WOS and have spend close to 700k with them and haven't received a Nautilus that I have asked for and for that reason will never do business with them ever.

Most serious collectors don't just have 1 AD in case you didn't know. I started with WOS because they made serious promises and wanted a consistency buyer who will be no only buying rolex and patek but everything else. And I did my part they on the other hand are nothing but a scam.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
You have an AD that got you 35 Patek watches in 2019, a place where you must have spent a couple of million bucks, but you walked into WOS with no history and asked for a Nautilus, then spent $700k in a year in the hope that they'd get you one?

I'm sorry to be blunt but if that's the truth then they saw you coming a mile away, although in my experience even a WOS manager wouldn't turn down a cash cow like that, I'm surprised they didn't bung you a Nautilus and then rinse you for another mil.

Go back to the AD that got you 35 Patek watches (you say many are Grand Complications) and ask him for a Nautilus. Or go and throw a couple of mil at a family group in the Middle East and they'll get you anything you want. Some of those family groups have Rolex, Patek, AP, etc, all under their umbrella.

With that sort of money in your wallet I have no idea why you're playing games with WOS.
David001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2023, 02:25 AM   #64
puma1552
"TRF" Member

Bumping this just to share my one experience with them. I know this is in the Patek forum but OP just asked for experiences in general. They opened a store in the Twin Cities in Mall of America a couple years ago, I was surprised to see a non-boutique Rolex AD in a place like a boring mall. Sure it may be the MOA, but whatever. Just a normal mall to me since it's me nearest one.

I went in with my wife, we were well dressed and polite, and expressed interest in a new OP in either 36 or 41. I was more or less mocked by the SA as having tunnel vision for Rolex (along with "many others") to the point he held his hands up around his eyes and turned them like he was adjusting binoculars? Wtf. Then tried to point me to other brands. We just left. I get that they deal with all sorts of lookers and dreamers being in a crummy mall and not being a Rolex boutique, but meh. Very mediocre store that's no different than any other cheap jewelry store in the mall, and worse treatment by sales. Haven't been back. *shrug*
puma1552 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2023, 03:45 AM   #65
Olive Drab
"TRF" Member

Watch: Timex Mickey Mouse
I went to cherry hill, NJ location last year. They gave me a chocolate and a perrier but then told me they had no rolex to sell. Offered to sell me tudor, and other brands they had instead. SA seemed to be bothered that I was there, even though this was mid day and no other customers.
Olive Drab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2023, 04:40 AM   #66
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
I'll share my story. Went to their boutique in Las Vegas last November. They had some Pateks on display that were already spoken for. The PP SA let me try on a few pieces. When I inquired about starting a PP relationship, he told me they are not accepting new customers for Patek. Not in a nice way, but a short and rude manner. Then another SA came over and started to walk me over to their other brands. Started pushing Breguet and Blancpain hard. She basically said we had to start a profile by purchasing multiple watches from their other brands before I can even request ANY Patek. She then proceeded to show me a H. Moser Pioneer Perpetual and pushed hard for a sale telling me how lucky I am that this piece was available and how difficult it is to come by. Basically treated me like I as a newbie to the watch game. I was extremely turned off by the experience and needless to say, I will never be walking into a Watches of Switzerland location ever again.
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk /Daytona C White/Rolex SS BLRO / Rolex Sub Green / Rolex Explorer II/ Rolex DJ Blue
mickyd329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2023, 06:23 AM   #67
Apheaven
"TRF" Member

Experiences with Watches of Switzerland

Always hard to provide feedback on these types of situations….I have seen it both ways. Sometimes it’s the store or sales associate that is out of line …BUT I have also seen some potential clients act like complete assh—-s clearly unaware how they are coming off. Then turn around in disbelief when they don’t get what they want. Not saying that’s you, just sayin…

Like any potential relationship, an introduction by a mutual friend/client can be very helpful for all to help set the tone and provide context.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Apheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2023, 07:44 AM   #68
puma1552
"TRF" Member

So I actually went back here today to throw my hat in the ring. This time the experience was better. Sales associate was nice and took my info and took time to show me what I wanted to see, which I appreciated. Probably nothing new here, but he did say that they can't disclose how many watches they get or how many people are on the waitlist; he did say point blank that they don't go in order of the list.

So maybe I'll get a call, maybe I won't, but it was a much more appropriate experience today.
puma1552 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2023, 07:58 AM   #69
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apheaven View Post
Always hard to provide feedback on these types of situations….I have seen it both ways. Sometimes it’s the store or sales associate that is out of line …BUT I have also seen some potential clients act like complete assh—-s clearly unaware how they are coming off. Then turn around in disbelief when they don’t get what they want. Not saying that’s you, just sayin…

Like any potential relationship, an introduction by a mutual friend/client can be very helpful for all to help set the tone and provide context.

I hear ya. I've seen plenty of people come off as a complete a$$. I can assure you, I am not one of those people. I have amazing relationships with my boutiques and AD's. I fully understand this hobby and the relationship building it takes to buy certain brands. From what I observed, it wasn't just an isolation of one SA. I interacted with 2 SA's at the same time and it's seems that it's what the practice in the store is. Just my 2 cents.

Totally agree on intro from a friend. That is exactly what I did for my PP relationship and it's been great so far. I've introduced several friends to my AP boutique as well and they were able to start their AP journey.
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk /Daytona C White/Rolex SS BLRO / Rolex Sub Green / Rolex Explorer II/ Rolex DJ Blue
mickyd329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2023, 12:42 PM   #70
FloridaBill
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek and Rolex
I have had a really good experience working with the Patek AD in Boca Raton and I have visited at least 10 different PP stores across the US. Most Patek AD dealers are super nice and it is rare for me to have a negative experience. In all instances, they advise me to stick with my local Patek dealer for the best opportunities.
FloridaBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2023, 06:44 AM   #71
Unwind_Asia
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragsk View Post
I buy my Rolexes mainly from WOS here in London. Find them very straightforward and easy to deal with. Have got most of the hard to get models from them without them ever asking me to buy anything I didnt want.
Which WOS in London?
Unwind_Asia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2023, 02:39 PM   #72
PatexRhilippe
"TRF" Member

I just went to the newly opened WoS in American Dream mall and staff were friendly. Only went to the Rolex area and asked for a Datejust celebration dial and they put my name in. No Patek there unfortunately.
PatexRhilippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2023, 12:06 AM   #73
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
It is tough everywhere to get Patek sport lines. This chain cannot sell what they do not have. I agree that building up a relationship though a big spend at a store to no avail is never fun.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2023, 02:13 AM   #74
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
It is tough everywhere to get Patek sport lines. This chain cannot sell what they do not have. I agree that building up a relationship though a big spend at a store to no avail is never fun.

Totally. The whining about not being able to get stuff at AD is hilarious. If you really want the watch, pay what it’s worth on the open Market, and buy BNIB or NOS from some of the amazing greys. And enjoy it.

GGGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2023, 03:26 AM   #75
aa_watch
"TRF" Member

WOS will be losing some Patek Philippe doors as recently mentioned here

In a conference call with analysts this morning, Mr Duffy disclosed that the group would be losing some Patek Philippe doors as part of the brand’s consolidation into 30% fewer locations.

Mr Duffy said he supported the move by Patek Philippe and would be expanding and upgrading the space WoSG devotes to the brand in the remaining locations. He would not be drawn on which doors would be lost, but said that he expects the same quantity of watches to be allocated to Watches of Switzerland after the consolidation.

“The decision from Patek Philippe makes sense. With production capped at around 70,000 watches, which could be sold three times over, it is better to concentrate on the most desirable spaces,” Mr Duffy said.

He also suggested that Patek Philippe coming out of some locations would be an opportunity for other brands to increase their presence.
aa_watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2023, 07:38 AM   #76
drlvegas
"TRF" Member

My experience as a LV local at WOS LV:

1.5 years ago went to look at H. Moser & bought one. Got invited to a Patek showing a couple months later when the Bovet people happened to also be in town.

3 months later was offered the SS 5905 that I really wanted--bought my wife a Breuget type XXII at the same time.

Was invited to a Bovet "event" a few months later & it was actually a dinner with Audrey Raffy & about 6 other people.

Two months ago, went to inquire about a SS submariner no-date, & walked out with one.

Yesterday, my wife decided I needed a Jacob & Co Epic X for fathers day. Coincidentally(yes, really a coincidence), Jacob Arabo is going to be in the store today & we're going to meet him in about an hour.

In short, they've been great to us here in a very short time.

Hoping for a SS Aquanaut chrono some time next year.
drlvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2023, 12:15 PM   #77
tigerpac
"TRF" Member

Several terrible experiences in NYC. Purchased a pre-owned piece 2 years ago and can't even get a list for a Rolex let alone a Patek. So I cut and spent elsewhere.... And got both.
tigerpac is offline   Reply With Quote