The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 7 August 2021, 04:19 PM   #1
jwill
"TRF" Member

Just got my Watch (5712) back from Henri Stern

I’m very happy with my experience at Henri Stern Watch Agency. As much as I have to share with my Patek’s friend. I’ve owned 5712 for almost 1 year, its 2016. I got it from gray, I’ve been thinking a lot about sending the watch to get service by Henri Stern in NYC. This time I pulled the tricker. 3 months ago I traveled to NY to drop it off in person. The facility there only available for appointment only everybody there are so nice and professional. They took my watch in and discussed about what I want to be done. Fast forward to today. The wait time is about exactly 3 months. I got the watch back from Fedex with 2 days express. Henri Stern packed my watch very well and secure. To be honest this is above my expectation on how they handle the packing the watch. They even sealed my watch in Patek’s plastic wrap, also provided me with patek paper coffin box ( if that how you we’d call) like when you would get it brand new. I didn’t ask to polished mine but service that they provide are just feel like I get brand new watch back to me. The service cost total of $1500 and that’s already include shipping. Would I recommended? I do 100%
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 4DDAD13C-A73F-46B8-BABF-13F969C4C9AA.jpeg (242.3 KB, 1634 views)
File Type: jpeg C200FEB8-819F-46A3-9016-1452B1F9D267.jpeg (220.1 KB, 1628 views)
File Type: jpeg A3BC5DF6-C522-49D8-A73A-0A80555771A7.jpeg (225.9 KB, 1618 views)
jwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2021, 05:47 PM   #2
uniqueMR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: P A T E K
Thanks for sharing.
Servicing is very important for a watch.
May I ask why you have performed service?

Lastly $1500 is very very reasonable, cheap for Patek. I do believe they have changed parts too, usually done in servicing.

Enjoy the piece, stunning!!!
Old 7 August 2021, 05:59 PM   #3
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Was it running slow or why did it need a service?
Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2021, 08:42 PM   #4
Daytonaman799
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek
NYC Service is great. Pat is THE man there.
Daytonaman799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2021, 09:01 PM   #5
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Good report. Thanks for sharing. many times all we hear is complaining. Beautiful watch.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2021, 12:01 AM   #6
jwill
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniqueMR View Post
Thanks for sharing.
Servicing is very important for a watch.
May I ask why you have performed service?

Lastly $1500 is very very reasonable, cheap for Patek. I do believe they have changed parts too, usually done in servicing.

Enjoy the piece, stunning!!!
Firstly, I felt that its has been 5 yrs old watch already, also I bought this watch From gray, which I don’t know how that watch has been handle by the previous owner. I think it would make sense to have the watch examined by an expert to look in depth and really clean it. Yes, $1500 is a really good deal. They report that they change 6 screws, and also change the crown, plus I requested to replace the crystal front. The light light scratch ( I mean really light that can only see from certain angle) had always bothering me. All those reason added up enough for me to take em to Stern. You would be surprise as the way the watch looking stunning as it is, there are still a lot of parts that has been deteriorating through time. They even changed the pin and tube on the bracelets for me.
Old 8 August 2021, 12:05 AM   #7
jwill
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahlberg View Post
Was it running slow or why did it need a service?
It was running just fine. But I wasn’t original owner I want to make sure that watch in my possession is a healthy watch. Just giving vaccine to your watch lol.
Old 8 August 2021, 01:45 AM   #8
alexlt730512
"TRF" Member

looks great, congrats
alexlt730512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2021, 08:40 AM   #9
Martin
Banned

Watch: 116610LN, 216570
Beautiful watch
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2021, 09:54 AM   #10
drefrank

Thanks for sharing your service experience.
drefrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2021, 10:20 AM   #11
samuel019

Watch: Me go broke!!!!
My favorite PP Nautilus model

Beautiful

Maybe one day
Old 8 August 2021, 11:56 AM   #12
m3tek44
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: this
thanks for sharing your experience!! In few yrs. i too plan to send 5712 for service.
m3tek44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2021, 11:59 AM   #13
KBM

Looks pristine. Enjoy it!
KBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2021, 07:14 PM   #14
watchniels
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek, AP, Rolex
Looks great, thanks for sharing! Also just sent in my 3712 for servicing - can't wait to get it back.
Old 8 August 2021, 08:25 PM   #15
scurfa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwill View Post
Firstly, I felt that its has been 5 yrs old watch already, also I bought this watch From gray, which I don’t know how that watch has been handle by the previous owner. I think it would make sense to have the watch examined by an expert to look in depth and really clean it. Yes, $1500 is a really good deal. They report that they change 6 screws, and also change the crown, plus I requested to replace the crystal front. The light light scratch ( I mean really light that can only see from certain angle) had always bothering me. All those reason added up enough for me to take em to Stern. You would be surprise as the way the watch looking stunning as it is, there are still a lot of parts that has been deteriorating through time. They even changed the pin and tube on the bracelets for me.

Replacing the pins and tubes on the bracelet is really important, if you wear the watch every day you might have a pin fall out after 4-5 years, I know of countless cases of watches falling off wrists and some lucky escapes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 9 August 2021, 08:36 AM   #16
Chute
"TRF" Member

Watch: 6 digit Rolex+APRO
This is great news. I have heard Patek service times were almost 12 months at one point.

May I ask if the service papers are now in your name?

I’ve always felt that was the best way to have a Gray market watch legitimized: by sending it in for a service and getting it back with service papers in your name.
Chute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2021, 11:31 AM   #17
10XRolex
2024 Pledge Member

Looks fantastic and I don't blame you. Well worth the cost and the piece of mind.
10XRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2021, 01:29 PM   #18
jwill
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chute View Post
This is great news. I have heard Patek service times were almost 12 months at one point.

May I ask if the service papers are now in your name?

I’ve always felt that was the best way to have a Gray market watch legitimized: by sending it in for a service and getting it back with service papers in your name.
The paper that I got back from them is a Patek letter head stated what they did to the watch, and yes it has my name and address. But it’s far from using them as your watch certificated. And yes they have your roter number and case number.
Old 9 August 2021, 01:31 PM   #19
jwill
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10XRolex View Post
Looks fantastic and I don't blame you. Well worth the cost and the piece of mind.
Yeah. If I didn’t do it I would never be rest assure that my watch has been in good health. Now I feel a lot better. Really recommended anyone who purchase preowned just send it to Henri have them clean the watch. You will feel as a true owner after you get it back.
Old 10 August 2021, 02:20 AM   #20
fuigo
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Congrats. I would have done the same if I bought a watch from grey. 5 years is also a good interval to get your watch services if you wear it often enough, IMHO.

Wear it in good health!

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送
fuigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2021, 05:20 AM   #21
Xerxes77
Banned

Nice experience
Xerxes77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2021, 12:25 PM   #22
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Great to hear a good story on TRF- thanks for sharing your experience!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2021, 01:18 AM   #23
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
Sorry didn't mean to hijack this thread but just want to share my own recent experience with Geneva Master Time (GMT), the equivalent of Henri Stern in Singapore.

I brought my father-in-law's 5146R to GMT for a service, polishing and change of strap as it was in a very bad condition (he wears his 5146R everyday).

A summarised diagnosis by GMT was as follows:
- Case badly dented due to shock
- Dial crack at Day centre and Month centre sides
- Folding clasp missing (1pc)
- Very low movement amplitude
- Scratched and dented caseback

I have also proposed a polish due to the many scratches and to replace the worn strap. The 4 correctors have to be replaced too as advised by GMT. GMT quoted 12 weeks in August 2021. Today, merely 4 weeks later, I got a call from them for collection. The watch now looks as good as new (sorry I didn't take a picture as the 5146R is currently back with my in-law) and he was very extremely pleased when he put his daily driver back on. That smile
Ichiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2021, 04:00 AM   #24
Jmaster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
All the work including new crystal and crown for $1,500? Seems like a great deal.

BTW, looks like Henri Stern is an official PP service center. Is that correct? I don't know Stern well, but good to have the right info.
Old 29 September 2021, 10:28 AM   #25
liljctl
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post
Sorry didn't mean to hijack this thread but just want to share my own recent experience with Geneva Master Time (GMT), the equivalent of Henri Stern in Singapore.

I brought my father-in-law's 5146R to GMT for a service, polishing and change of strap as it was in a very bad condition (he wears his 5146R everyday).

A summarised diagnosis by GMT was as follows:
- Case badly dented due to shock
- Dial crack at Day centre and Month centre sides
- Folding clasp missing (1pc)
- Very low movement amplitude
- Scratched and dented caseback

I have also proposed a polish due to the many scratches and to replace the worn strap. The 4 correctors have to be replaced too as advised by GMT. GMT quoted 12 weeks in August 2021. Today, merely 4 weeks later, I got a call from them for collection. The watch now looks as good as new (sorry I didn't take a picture as the 5146R is currently back with my in-law) and he was very extremely pleased when he put his daily driver back on. That smile
We actually get our watches serviced at GMT as well but we will have to go through our ADs before it's posted to Singapore.

This adds to the cost and time required to service it. They did well with 4 weeks albeit limited movement issues apart from the amplitude
liljctl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2021, 06:38 PM   #26
jwill
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaster View Post
All the work including new crystal and crown for $1,500? Seems like a great deal.

BTW, looks like Henri Stern is an official PP service center. Is that correct? I don't know Stern well, but good to have the right info.
Yes, $1,500 is the total cost of the whole process even already included the shipping back to me with an insurance. Yes, they are the service center for PP.