The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 9 September 2021, 03:22 PM   #1
Sherman5726
"TRF" Member

Experiences with Watches of Switzerland

Hi everyone,

How have your experiences been with WOS (Watches of Switzerland)? If you don't mind - Let us know your purchase history and how the AD treated you with collecting whether it was a good or bad experience.

Thanks!!
Sherman5726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2021, 12:02 AM   #2
Patekaddict
"TRF" Member

Wow where do I begin.... I have been a client of WOS in NYC since the opening of the store. First I was dealing with a sales guy for about 9 months and spent about 200k with him on Rolex etc in order to Acquire a Patek, my sales guy leaves the company without informing any of his clients and I was given a new associate who basically told me Sorry but I have to start from Scratch and everything I spend means nothing.

So I start a new relationship with him (really nice guy and very straight forward) basically tells me bluntly if I spend around 500k withing a year I then qualify for any Nautilus I want. So I go ahead and start buying Rolex watches and Breitling as gifts for employees and a few Calatravas that were in display. I hit the target of $500,000 in less than a year and ask for a Nautilus, and he states will be 9 month wait. Month after month it was nothing but a lame bs story. Been 14 months have not received it and decided not to spend a other penny there.

I know many situations with guys like me who they lied to in WOS..........RUN and don't trust a word they say. Management is corrupt on all levels, sales associates will tell you anything you want to hear in order to receive their 2% commission on your purchases. Please do yourself a favor and find yourself another reputable AD.

They are a SCAM and dishonest Assholes who sell only to friends of family etc.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Patekaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2021, 12:13 AM   #3
gnuyork
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patekaddict View Post
Wow where do I begin.... I have been a client of WOS in NYC since the opening of the store. First I was dealing with a sales guy for about 9 months and spent about 200k with him on Rolex etc in order to Acquire a Patek, my sales guy leaves the company without informing any of his clients and I was given a new associate who basically told me Sorry but I have to start from Scratch and everything I spend means nothing.

So I start a new relationship with him (really nice guy and very straight forward) basically tells me bluntly if I spend around 500k withing a year I then qualify for any Nautilus I want. So I go ahead and start buying Rolex watches and Breitling as gifts for employees and a few Calatravas that were in display. I hit the target of $500,000 in less than a year and ask for a Nautilus, and he states will be 9 month wait. Month after month it was nothing but a lame bs story. Been 14 months have not received it and decided not to spend a other penny there.

I know many situations with guys like me who they lied to in WOS..........RUN and don't trust a word they say. Management is corrupt on all levels, sales associates will tell you anything you want to hear in order to receive their 2% commission on your purchases. Please do yourself a favor and find yourself another reputable AD.

I have always been of the mindset of never going gray, but sheesh.... $700K? for nothing? If I were in your shoes, I'd rethink my own reservations.
gnuyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2021, 12:15 AM   #4
Patekaddict
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
I have always been of the mindset of never going gray, but sheesh.... $700K? for nothing? If I were in your shoes, I'd rethink my reservations.
Yes I literally never want to wear anything I purchased there since it reminds me of the assholes from that company.

It's a total Scam and they do whatever they want.

Old 10 September 2021, 12:24 AM   #5
fsprow
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 5168, 5170P
Probably the worst salespeople I've ever dealt with (and that is a challenge) in their NYC location(s). Never again.
fsprow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2021, 02:29 AM   #6
uniqueMR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: P A T E K
Good to know!
Old 10 September 2021, 03:07 AM   #7
Mbbgysam
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

FWIW I've been with WoS Soho since the beginning and have had pretty much the polar opposite experience. My original SA left and of course all of my history followed me to the next SA and "counted" toward purchase history. I haven't spent anywhere near $700K, let alone $200K, but have purchased consistently across multiple brands and have gotten what I consider a fair share of desirable pieces.

To the OP: You'll need to be realistic with Patek. The lists have gotten so crazy that really the only thing that will help you get a desirable piece is buying another undesirable Patek out of the case... and even then you're probably looking at an allocation in a future year. Worth noting that Rolex/other purchase history generally doesn't count with Patek. Good luck!
Mbbgysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2021, 03:14 AM   #8
Patekaddict
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbbgysam View Post
FWIW I've been with WoS Soho since the beginning and have had pretty much the polar opposite experience. My original SA left and of course all of my history followed me to the next SA and "counted" toward purchase history. I haven't spent anywhere near $700K, let alone $200K, but have purchased consistently across multiple brands and have gotten what I consider a fair share of desirable pieces.

To the OP: You'll need to be realistic with Patek. The lists have gotten so crazy that really the only thing that will help you get a desirable piece is buying another undesirable Patek out of the case... and even then you're probably looking at an allocation in a future year. Worth noting that Rolex/other purchase history generally doesn't count with Patek. Good luck!
As you see I did state I purchased a few Calatravas out of the case and spending 700k you better believe if I ask for Nautilus of my choice and it was promised for months that it's coming only for them to go back on their word and play the WOS sleazy used car salesman games.

Moral of the story:
The SA have 0 say in anything managers are corrupt and take envelopes on the side, also they will tell you Jesus is coming only for you to purchase something from the case.

Old 10 September 2021, 03:42 AM   #9
Mbbgysam
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
As you see I did state I purchased a few Calatravas out of the case and spending 700k you better believe if I ask for Nautilus of my choice and it was promised for months that it's coming only for them to go back on their word and play the WOS sleazy used car salesman games.

Moral of the story:
The SA have 0 say in anything managers are corrupt and take envelopes on the side, also they will tell you Jesus is coming only for you to purchase something from the case.

Were you working with Soho? Or Hudson Yards?
Old 10 September 2021, 04:10 AM   #10
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:

if you have this much money to burn the question remains is this the 1st time ever to spend that much? You did not have an AD that you were already working with that did you some favors? I mean idk sounds crazy to not have a good relationship with any AD (chain or not) if you spend that kind of money. By all accounts Tiffany/PP would have loved you as a client with this kinda spend.
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2021, 04:40 AM   #11
Patekaddict
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
if you have this much money to burn the question remains is this the 1st time ever to spend that much? You did not have an AD that you were already working with that did you some favors? I mean idk sounds crazy to not have a good relationship with any AD (chain or not) if you spend that kind of money. By all accounts Tiffany/PP would have loved you as a client with this kinda spend.
Money to burn? Everything I purchased from them is watches I actually like and will enjoy never purchased something just because I had to other than a few calatravas and some Cartier.

They basically lead you down a path of no return, they promise the world and never deliver and when they do deliver its never what you asked for and always a bullshit story.......

Anyways OP asked about WOS I simply replied my personal experience and the experience of a few people I know who also got ROYALY screwed with false promises.

Old 10 September 2021, 04:57 AM   #12
HMHM
"TRF" Member

WoS in London is quite the work of art as far as I’m concerned. No watches other than DJ 31 and below. Poor customer service with no interest in finding out what the customers actually want when you first enter the shop and the security just can’t wait to get you out of the store.
HMHM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2021, 05:11 AM   #13
Mbbgysam
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
Previous posts suggest there is/was a 15+ relationship with another AD that supplied two 5712s in the same year.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=715681
Old 10 September 2021, 05:16 AM   #14
Patekaddict
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Previous posts suggest there is/was a 15+ relationship with another AD that supplied two 5712s in the same year.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=715681
Yes and I did state I have a relationship with another AD. Don't waste your time with these assholes at WOS who will make you feel like your needed and part of a imaginary family.

Start a relationship with a small AD where you actually deal with owners who care and have conversations with and genuinely will try to accommodate your needs.

Old 10 September 2021, 06:47 AM   #15
PatekSF
"TRF" Member

Watch: what I like to do
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman5726 View Post
Hi everyone,

How have your experiences been with WOS (Watches of Switzerland)? If you don't mind - Let us know your purchase history and how the AD treated you with collecting whether it was a good or bad experience.

Thanks!!
Are you conducting some sort of market analysis? Your post yesterday was regarding ADs in Palm Springs & AZ. Today, it’s about WOS.
Old 10 September 2021, 07:24 AM   #16
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Money to burn? Everything I purchased from them is watches I actually like and will enjoy never purchased something just because I had to other than a few calatravas and some Cartier.

They basically lead you down a path of no return, they promise the world and never deliver and when they do deliver its never what you asked for and always a bullshit story.......

Anyways OP asked about WOS I simply replied my personal experience and the experience of a few people I know who also got ROYALY screwed with false promises.

If that's true that is very sad for the rest of us with normal spend history - I am sorry that just sounds crazy. But I feel for you ...
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2021, 08:34 AM   #17
mooty
"TRF" Member

^$500-700k in Tiffany PP SF will not get you very far.... even $1mm in one year wont go very far at the union square PP/Tiffany
mooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2021, 10:29 AM   #18
QuantumOceanLawyer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Last one I bought
They are scam artists. I have had several people lay out exact formulas for getting each different in demand watch. It goes all the way up to management. Don’t seem to care even after I reported it to a Rolex. Initially they cared and then I heard the same formula from two other employees. Told management and they never contacted me again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
QuantumOceanLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2021, 11:22 AM   #19
CountryBoy
"TRF" Member

Watch: sun, moon, heehaw
Quote:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

I'm glad you gift your employees and those you care about nice timepieces.
CountryBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2021, 02:30 PM   #20
Sherman5726
"TRF" Member

Quote:

What have you gotten from WOS? In other words, what was your purchase history...
Sherman5726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2021, 11:56 PM   #21
10XRolex
2024 Pledge Member

I would concur on this. I've always been treated with respect.
But I would rather get punched in the face instead of getting the same bs story all the time from them

I will say, if your not up on your sales game and know the
sales game tactics; which they are very good at, you will very well get sucked into their game. Which obviously the op did.

Quote:

10XRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2021, 01:19 AM   #22
Mbbgysam
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman5726 View Post
What have you gotten from WOS? In other words, what was your purchase history...
Maybe 10-12 pieces across Grand Seiko, Tudor, Rolex, Vacheron, and PP. A majority wouldn't be considered "hot" pieces, but I've gotten a few steel sports Rolexes and a Nautilus along the way.

It's worth noting that I established a relationship early (when they opened in 2018) and frankly got very lucky. I'm sure the spend that qualified me for a Nautilus back then wouldn't qualify me in today's market.

I'm genuinely sad to hear that others have had such bad experiences.
Old 11 September 2021, 04:03 AM   #23
scurfa
"TRF" Member

This is bonkers and now makes Patek obsolete in my eyes, they are no longer for watch enthusiasts, it’s no good having an interest in a brand that have unobtainable watches, Patek is now pointless, I’m moving on.

Old 11 September 2021, 04:54 AM   #24
Partekular
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurfa View Post
This is bonkers and now makes Patek obsolete in my eyes, they are no longer for watch enthusiasts, it’s no good having an interest in a brand that have unobtainable watches, Patek is now pointless, I’m moving on.
I have had no trouble obtains the two PPs I wanted from WoS. I only like two models and bought them both. I did find three small independent AD’s so snotty nosed and superior about their approved lists that I walked away from them. One wanted me to buy jewellery for my wife before they would consider me for their list, another suggested i buy a PP I was not interested in and I gave them short shrift. The third one was so dismissive and chippy about my lack of a PP history that I also nearly gave up on PP.

WoS on the other hand sold me the PerpCal I wanted and got the paired new model Chrono for me within a few months. I had a previous history 15 years before with WoS but not ever buying PPs and had bought nothing since.

As to the availability PP only make 60,000 pa and the range contains 150 odd models which get distributed through 450 odd ADs so it should come as no surprise that they are hard to come by. Small Dealers get one or two of each model but chains like WoS have several branches so the chances of them getting one for customers they like are increased.

If you buy a Veblen Good you can’t expect it to be sitting on the shelf unless you get in to a branch when their allocation arrives. I was lucky there with my PerpCal.

It probably helps if one is not after a hyped up model. Fortunately I don't like stainless steel.
Partekular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2021, 07:50 AM   #25
scurfa
"TRF" Member

I have nothing against WOS it’s the whole Patek situation I have a problem with, if you cannot get watches you have a passion for it’s time to move on.

Old 11 September 2021, 08:07 AM   #26
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

There are so many other brands to pick from that don't play games. I don't like encouraging it at all personally...
WatchEater666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2021, 08:56 AM   #27
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurfa View Post
I have nothing against WOS it’s the whole Patek situation I have a problem with, if you cannot get watches you have a passion for it’s time to move on.

This is where I am too. Too many promises made w/o delivering. Guess I’m priced out. It’s ok, thankfully I’m a watch addict, not just a patek addict
ap1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2021, 09:22 AM   #28
ragsk
Banned

I buy my Rolexes mainly from WOS here in London. Find them very straightforward and easy to deal with. Have got most of the hard to get models from them without them ever asking me to buy anything I didnt want.
ragsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2021, 10:17 AM   #29
troways
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes and I did state I have a relationship with another AD. Don't waste your time with these assholes at WOS who will make you feel like your needed and part of a imaginary family.

Start a relationship with a small AD where you actually deal with owners who care and have conversations with and genuinely will try to accommodate your needs.

Oh man, looks like you are a professional flipper.
troways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2021, 11:33 AM   #30
Patekaddict
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by troways View Post
Oh man, looks like you are a professional flipper.
the only flipper I see here is a little boy who has a 3.5 inch wrist who buys a 44mm AP that looks like a clock on your wrist......... what a joke. Grow up before you come here and comment maybe you want to own a patek first and only then come sit with the big boys.Screenshot_20210910-212959.jpg