The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 25 September 2021, 10:43 AM   #31
Rrpdc
2024 Pledge Member

I had the vc blue overseas but rarely wore it. Bezel was a scratch magnet compared to my Rolex ceramic bezels and I really was disappointed that it had no hacking seconds. Vc is part of the holy trinity and I could not understand the lack of hacking seconds. Dial was amazing blue color but overall lukewarm about watch.
Rrpdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2021, 10:55 AM   #32
mjm700
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrpdc View Post
I had the vc blue overseas but rarely wore it. Bezel was a scratch magnet compared to my Rolex ceramic bezels and I really was disappointed that it had no hacking seconds. Vc is part of the holy trinity and I could not understand the lack of hacking seconds. Dial was amazing blue color but overall lukewarm about watch.

Part of the reason I am focused on the APs with the ceramic bezels - plus I think it adds a nice contrast. Looking at one that is platinum and one titanium. Both have ceramic bezels. Never had a plat watch before but not sure offshore is what i had in mind with that material. Who knows, looking for an adventure here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
mjm700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2021, 06:16 PM   #33
Plastique999
"TRF" Member

Watch: VC Toledo 1952
Why not both?
Love my VC Overseas on strap and where it to work frequently.
For a fun AP sporty watch, I agree with a ceramic bezel. Great to wear all around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Plastique999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2021, 06:59 PM   #34
JSCP
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex PM’s/Patek
VC!

that AP model…. humm….
DD40 RG/Sundust-Roman;DD40YG/White/Roman;DD40 WG/Olive;Daytona RG;Sub Black YG; Daytona Panda; Celebration 41; GMT-II’s: Left VTNR; GRNR; Batman; SkyDweller SSJubilee/Black; SUB no-date; Oysterquartz SS; DJ SS 36mm’87; Cartier: Roadster YG;Santos YG; Panther YG; Panther SS; Tank’73 YG, Tank must 2023 ;Tank Americaine YG;BulgariBB38mm/YG
JSCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2021, 06:01 PM   #35
nickorette
"TRF" Member

For me personally, I don't find the VC all that attractive. I love the sharp angles and flat lines of the RO, it really sets it apart from a design perspective. The Nautilus is such a unique and recognizable shape. But the VC just looks a bit too generic for me. I honestly think the first generation Overseas is the best looking, they should've maintained the original characteristics, in much the same way the RO and Nautilus maintained their original designs
nickorette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2021, 11:44 PM   #36
ts3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickorette View Post
For me personally, I don't find the VC all that attractive. I love the sharp angles and flat lines of the RO, it really sets it apart from a design perspective. The Nautilus is such a unique and recognizable shape. But the VC just looks a bit too generic for me. I honestly think the first generation Overseas is the best looking, they should've maintained the original characteristics, in much the same way the RO and Nautilus maintained their original designs
Largely agree. The current Overseas do very little for me. I am not interested in owning any but I'd happily own a 222 if I hadn't missed the boat on those.
ts3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2021, 03:34 PM   #37
PBJ1925
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 326934
Between the two models you listed, I’d go for that VC DT all day. Also comes with 2 easily changeable straps to change up your look almost on demand.

PBJ1925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2021, 11:27 PM   #38
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3970
I would say in general the APs are ahead of the VC overseas for me. However there are a few overseas models (more limited) that speak to me. I prefer the symmetry of the older generation models. With the APs I like them all.

Bearxj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2021, 09:36 AM   #39
mjm700
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearxj86 View Post
I would say in general the APs are ahead of the VC overseas for me. However there are a few overseas models (more limited) that speak to me. I prefer the symmetry of the older generation models. With the APs I like them all.

The second group in particular is great. Really like both the VC and AP in that group, and can see how that VC is different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
mjm700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2021, 11:28 AM   #40
srvrf
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PP/AP
With that Patek collection, it will be hard to impress you. But with your wrist size, you could probably pull off any AP or VC. AP clearly offers something different from your core collection. It may be the way to go. I've had VC and still own an AP and two PPs but definitely want a VC to complete the Trinity.
srvrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2021, 04:32 PM   #41
RollinMoses
"TRF" Member

I have had a VCO DT with silver dial since last summer and it is the watch I have worn most since then by a huge margin.

I have PP and VC dress watches, but no PP sports so can't comment on how it sits with the aquanaut, but with some of the new rubber strap options VC has been bringing out, and many options for leather, it definitely can play multiple roles.

The AP looks cool too, but maybe more of a one trick pony. Not necessarily a problem if you just want it for certain occasions.

I have a 15400 but it looks like the first watch I might actually sell as the VC completely eclipsed it in terms of wrist time for me.
RollinMoses is offline   Reply With Quote