The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 26 September 2021, 07:42 AM   #61
GMT Aviator
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

There is most definitely a finite time period from being ‘ready to buy’, placing an order with your AD and then later, ‘collection day’.

Like anything in life, no one can be expected to wait for a call they might never receive.

For some, the money burns a hole in their pocket quicker than others and they’ll move onto something else, for others they are quite prepared to play the waiting game.

What seems more apparent now, is even those who were prepared to play the waiting game, aren’t waiting anymore. I’d probably place myself in that category if I’m honest.

I am still waiting for a couple of references. One of them, if the call doesn’t come before Christmas then I’ll probably bump it for a JLC. If the other takes longer than another 6 months, I’ll likely pass on it completely.

I feel I’ve played the watch game, particularly with Rolex references for long enough now. My passion probably isn’t what it once was to chase more models like I used to and I’m more than happy with what I have anyway. I’ve got too much as it is.

I’m not burnt out with Rolex. I still think they’re the best at what what they offer and I just like them, but I’m not going to tie up money for an endless period of time without the enjoyment of actually receiving a watch. There are other brands as has been said countless times and life it too short to keep waiting.

Hell, my Mrs will spend the money on another home improvement if Rolex don’t collect soon, and there will be no flipping that new kitchen once its in!
GMT Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2021, 03:29 PM   #62
cuibono
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS SkyD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT Aviator View Post
There is most definitely a finite time period from being ‘ready to buy’, placing an order with your AD and then later, ‘collection day’.

Like anything in life, no one can be expected to wait for a call they might never receive.

For some, the money burns a hole in their pocket quicker than others and they’ll move onto something else, for others they are quite prepared to play the waiting game.

What seems more apparent now, is even those who were prepared to play the waiting game, aren’t waiting anymore. I’d probably place myself in that category if I’m honest.

I am still waiting for a couple of references. One of them, if the call doesn’t come before Christmas then I’ll probably bump it for a JLC. If the other takes longer than another 6 months, I’ll likely pass on it completely.

I feel I’ve played the watch game, particularly with Rolex references for long enough now. My passion probably isn’t what it once was to chase more models like I used to and I’m more than happy with what I have anyway. I’ve got too much as it is.

I’m not burnt out with Rolex. I still think they’re the best at what what they offer and I just like them, but I’m not going to tie up money for an endless period of time without the enjoyment of actually receiving a watch. There are other brands as has been said countless times and life it too short to keep waiting.

Hell, my Mrs will spend the money on another home improvement if Rolex don’t collect soon, and there will be no flipping that new kitchen once its in!
This x100. If I don't ever get another Rolex I'm more than content with my SkyD. Money rotates out of watches into something else or stays in but with other brands. Cartier, Breitling, Jlc, Zenith have all stepped up and created some incredible pieces. I'm not begging anyone to take thousands of dollars from me lol f all that.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
cuibono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2021, 07:16 PM   #63
scooba
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Anything
YES !

Plenty of other things to spend money on with out the song and dance
scooba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2021, 12:30 AM   #64
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilyung View Post
Haven’t seen anything that jumps at me in a long time.
Have to say I agree Mike, not for the first time , I think I'm lucky that the hype tends to put me off a watch than drive me crazy with fake desire.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2021, 12:53 AM   #65
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Yes
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2021, 12:55 AM   #66
Bigsoftee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Meteorite DD40
I am in the yes camp too.
Bigsoftee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2021, 01:07 AM   #67
TheDapperYank
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116400GV
Nah, I'm not losing interest. If anything the wait and the anticipation is almost as fun and exciting as getting the watch for me anyway. I do feel that there's a lot of folks that got caught up in the hype and are realizing that maybe it's not what they want and I respect folks for taking a step back and realizing that.
TheDapperYank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2021, 01:15 AM   #68
jpwv
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Grogu View Post
Perhaps you realize life has more to offer than expensive watches!
This. It is easy to get caught up in the hype. The wait is probably a good thing in the long run.
jpwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2021, 01:16 AM   #69
key
"TRF" Member

+1.

I am just glad that I have most of the pieces that I want; feel sorry for everyone entering the hobby now.
key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2021, 01:17 AM   #70
jpwv
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
I disagree. I actually think what OP is discussing is more along the lines of a lot of people wanting these watches purely for the hype factors, then the excitement wearing off is them coming to terms with reality.

For example, all these people liking hulks in 2020 when they rolled their eyes at them in 2016 aren’t truly in love with that watch, they’re in love with having something hard to get.
Wise words.
jpwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2021, 01:17 AM   #71
el3ctronick
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferdelious View Post
Been waiting on a Yacht-Master 126622 blue dial for a few months now. To be honest the excitement has passed and now I'm not sure if I even want the watch when I get the call. Thinking about just putting the money elsewhere.

Anyone else get this feeling?
if you are here you still care :D
el3ctronick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2021, 05:52 AM   #72
xekret
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchNutcase View Post
Yes, it means you've put the desire on the backburner. You don't really care anymore but when it comes through you'll be ready. I actually find it easier to wait for a watch this way as it doesn't feel like an important thing anymore.
Very well put!
xekret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2021, 07:46 AM   #73
DoctorA
"TRF" Member

I haven’t lost interest but the rolex shortage has certainly opened my eyes to other brands that i truly appreciate like GS, H Moser…..etc.

Well until the hype catches up to them (which already has for some of their models) then I move on to other brands and the game continues
Old 28 September 2021, 07:54 AM   #74
zion_rasta
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II ceramic
I got the one Rolex I really loved. The Sky Dweller 326139. I don’t need another Rolex.
Sold - Daytona 116523; YM 116622; Datejust 16233
zion_rasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2021, 08:44 AM   #75
shawn13ca
"TRF" Member

Don't care as much anymore. I buy other brands. Oris sold me a bronze pointer date that is wonderful. Hamilton is younger. Breitling soon for me. Grand Seiko is better finished and has a better movement. Longines is cool. So Rolex... Yawn...
shawn13ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2021, 09:23 AM   #76
Philadelphialawyer1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuibono View Post
This x100. If I don't ever get another Rolex I'm more than content with my SkyD. Money rotates out of watches into something else or stays in but with other brands. Cartier, Breitling, Jlc, Zenith have all stepped up and created some incredible pieces. I'm not begging anyone to take thousands of dollars from me lol f all that.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
100%
I was told today 1 1/2 -2 years for a DJ 41 from an AD where I have a purchase history. lol
Philadelphialawyer1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2021, 10:07 AM   #77
doboy007
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR/LVc/SkyD/ND41
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn13ca View Post
Don't care as much anymore. I buy other brands. Oris sold me a bronze pointer date that is wonderful. Hamilton is younger. Breitling soon for me. Grand Seiko is better finished and has a better movement. Longines is cool. So Rolex... Yawn...
Good. I wish more people would get out of Rolex so I don’t have to wait as long, haha.
doboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2021, 01:57 PM   #78
Francist
Banned

Watch: 116500LN
If Rolex suddenly have all the SS models for sale, everyone will lose interest.
It’s because you can’t have them that you crave for them.
It’s just a jedi mind trick.
Francist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2021, 02:35 PM   #79
cerendigit
"TRF" Member

Watch: Casio digital
It’s just a watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cerendigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2021, 03:46 AM   #80
Gary Busey
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Black Bay
lost interest a while ago. mix of Rolex supply and sheer parabolic increase in idiotic threads around here
Doxa Sub 200, SKX009
Aquastar Deepstar
Gary Busey is offline   Reply With Quote