The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 25 August 2019, 07:38 AM   #1
Jpoland1228
"TRF" Member

On the search for datejust 41 and warranty questions

Hello my name is Joe and I am new to the forum. I’m sorry in advance if this is not in the right section. I know similar questions have been asked but it seams like Rolex is cracking down on some of my issues. I am getting married in 2 weeks to today and my wife to be wants to buy me my first Rolex. After doing some research I would like to get my new watch with factory warranty. I am a very picky person so I’m not allowing her much freedom during the purchase. I have called all ads in the state of NJ. And no one has what I’m looking for datejust 41 oysterband fluted bezel and blue dial with diamonds. While picking out our wedding bands I brought it up to my jeweler and within a couple days he got the watch in and let me know (grey market) anyways the watch has factory stickers, warranty card without purchasers name, serial #, model number, and stamped by an AD from SPAIN. I have built this relation ship with our jeweler for the passed few years and he seams rather trust worthy. A trust worthy jeweler is hard to come by.

My questions are are people still having problems with warranty cards from outside the USA? I would not obtain original receipt obviously, and is there a way to confirm with Rolex that the serial # is covered by calling them? The warranty card from Spain does not have the band specs on it so I would like to confirm with Rolex the band was never swapped by jeweler to satisfy my needs?

[IMG][/IMG]
Jpoland1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2019, 08:23 AM   #2
JodyHighroller
Banned

All my pieces are from international ADs. I usually pick them up on my holiday or business travels. I work nearby the Dallas RSC, and I’ve had them work on a couple pieces for warranty work with no issue at all. I’ve heard that the NY RSC can be a stickler though. Not sure if that’s still the case?

Also, the card details differ across countries. For example, cards in the US usually list the specific dial (blue w/ diamonds), but cards issued in Russia only show the serial and model #.
JodyHighroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2019, 08:35 AM   #3
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

If there is no name on the card then I have to wonder if the selling AD in Europe registered the watch when originally sold. I guess it is possible that the watch was not sold to an individual but a gray dealer and therefore no name on the card. If the watch was never registered with Rolex I guess they could reject any claim under warranty service. I think this situation would give me pause.
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2019, 08:43 AM   #4
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Grey Market imports do not have valid warranties and no Authorized Dealer would bring in a Grey Market watch.

"Rolex USA" would not likely investigate an outside market watch.

There is a difference between an imported watche that was purchased by an end-user and resold in the USA, and a back channel import that never went through an original retail consumer (Grey Market).
Old 25 August 2019, 08:48 AM   #5
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
Grey Market imports do not have valid warranties and no Authorized Dealer would being in a Grey Market watch.
OP, is jeweler in US a Rolex AD? I sense from your post he is not.
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2019, 08:56 AM   #6
JodyHighroller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillA View Post
OP, is jeweler in US a Rolex AD? I sense from your post he is not.
Doubt it since he sourced a gray market watch.
JodyHighroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2019, 09:32 AM   #7
grimlock525
"TRF" Member

OP, don’t know if it matters but a blank warranty card doesn’t necessarily mean the warranty has not been registered. From what I understand, when the watch is purchased typically a name for be warranty is registered electronically in Rolex’s warranty system. Some ADs are ok with leaving the card blank, as the name on there is purely superficial. The factory warranty is fully transferable though, it just might not be registered under your name.
grimlock525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2019, 09:54 AM   #8
marnii
"TRF" Member

never had chance to use rolex warranty,2 bought new still working good after 11years, 1 used got service in nyc rsc with no showing warranty(of course paid 600+),other used got bracelet sized free of charge,no need show warranty
marnii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2019, 10:09 AM   #9
jbreeden
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234
That looks like a datejustII not a 41.
Not the questions but may make the decision easier.
jbreeden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2019, 10:16 AM   #10
THC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16610M
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbreeden View Post
Agree good catch and I agree
THC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2019, 04:39 AM   #11
Jpoland1228
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbreeden View Post
Now I’m a little sketched out, can I ask why?? The model number is 126334. Haven’t had him pull the band but that is what the card is saying.
Old 26 August 2019, 04:40 AM   #12
Jpoland1228
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THC View Post
Agree good catch and I agree
What makes you say that? Model comes back as datejust 41 126334
Old 26 August 2019, 05:15 AM   #13
RJRJRJ
"TRF" Member

If you have the warranty card, the warranty is likely good. Name on the card doesn't matter. All Rolexes are originally sold from an AD (unless stolen our something), so it's not a true "gray market" item, as Larry said above.
RJRJRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2019, 05:27 AM   #14
ddubb
"TRF" Member

Hey OP, I think the reason they think it may be a DJII is because of the large close-up pic, it makes the bezel and lugs appear “fat” like the older DJII. Also it’s not one of the latest batches of DJ41’s that have the small crown between the “Swiss” and “Made”. You got the right model number for a DJ41 and the crown not being there is no big deal. All looks well to me.

Regarding the international AD being the originator, I also think this is no big deal. My DD40 that I just purchased from a well-respected trusted seller here was also originally international. I did some digging and I am satisfied that I will have no issues if I ever have to make a warranty claim.

It’s a big purchase, so be comfortable with what you’re buying. But if it were me I would have no concerns.

Good luck!
ddubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2019, 08:05 AM   #15
Rado63
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116334
I don't believe DJII had a factory blue diamond dial. DJ41 does have a factory blue diamond dial. I don't prefer warranty cards that are not signed and not from US AD, but doesn't mean this piece isn't legit. If you have doubts, best is to have the piece authenticated, and if it is real Rolex go with it. It may or may not have the balance of the Rolex warranty since the card is a question mark, but then you may not need the warranty in the next five years anyway. If you like the price, box papers, and condition take it.
Old 26 August 2019, 09:22 AM   #16
jbreeden
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234
Sorry, to not respond, it may just be the angle and the oyster band, but for some reason I’m that photo it looked a bit bloated like datejustII used to. I didn’t mean to alarm just wanted to make sure you were getting a 41
jbreeden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2019, 04:07 PM   #17
Jpoland1228
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddubb View Post
Hey OP, I think the reason they think it may be a DJII is because of the large close-up pic, it makes the bezel and lugs appear “fat” like the older DJII. Also it’s not one of the latest batches of DJ41’s that have the small crown between the “Swiss” and “Made”. You got the right model number for a DJ41 and the crown not being there is no big deal. All looks well to me.

Regarding the international AD being the originator, I also think this is no big deal. My DD40 that I just purchased from a well-respected trusted seller here was also originally international. I did some digging and I am satisfied that I will have no issues if I ever have to make a warranty claim.

It’s a big purchase, so be comfortable with what you’re buying. But if it were me I would have no concerns.

Good luck!
I apologize for all the questions I am still learning! I did notice the crown wasn’t in the middle as showed on Rolex’s website but the other watch I was looking at was at my local AD ROLEX date just 41 they had in there case. Could this mean it was a previous year model?
Old 26 August 2019, 10:13 PM   #18
ddubb
"TRF" Member

Just means this particular dial was made before they started using the crown. Could mean it was made a year ago, could mean it was made a few months ago. I bought a DJ41 earlier this year and it didn’t have the crown either (I got mine from a trusted seller here, he arranged the sale through an AD who had likely had it in his case a little while). There’s still a relatively sizable inventory of DJ’s in AD cases, so plenty of these pre-crown models out there. Does not mean it’s an “old” watch though.

What’s important is that the warranty starts when the watch is first sold to a consumer (since this is a grey watch then the warranty card should already be dated).
Old 28 August 2019, 07:56 PM   #19
Vice
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddubb View Post

Good luck!
Is the small crown between Swiss and Made on the 12 o’clock quadrant vs 6 where “Swiss made” is written?? I don’t see the small crown on their website
Vice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2019, 12:35 AM   #20
ddubb
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vice View Post
Is the small crown between Swiss and Made on the 12 o’clock quadrant vs 6 where “Swiss made” is written?? I don’t see the small crown on their website

Here’s the crown I’m referring to, pulled this screenshot off of the Rolex mobile site (DJ41 pic). Someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but I think Rolex started printing this crown on dials sometime last year.

Old 29 August 2019, 01:32 AM   #21
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
The DJ41 crown at 6 started with the new 3235 movement which has a 70 hr. power reserve

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote