The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 28 November 2020, 05:29 AM   #181
od91
"TRF" Member

I got the call yesterday to say they’re expecting a YM40 in over the next week which is mine when it arrives!

Hopefully the sub will be next!
od91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2020, 06:14 AM   #182
what.watch
"TRF" Member

Ooh - that is exciting! I’ve been waiting months with my local AD for a Yacht-Master 40 (Rolesium/Rhodium) and he assured me last week I’m getting the very next one he gets.
what.watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2020, 06:19 AM   #183
PizzaAndCheesecake
"TRF" Member

Congrats ! Hopefully the purchase history will work in your favour
PizzaAndCheesecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2020, 06:25 AM   #184
od91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by what.watch View Post
Ooh - that is exciting! I’ve been waiting months with my local AD for a Yacht-Master 40 (Rolesium/Rhodium) and he assured me last week I’m getting the very next one he gets.
Fingers crossed for you! I’m getting the blue dial! I’ve never seen one in real life but it looks stunning on so many photos. I like the Rhodium but I am from Manchester and support United, I couldn’t have baby blue on my watch :(
Old 28 November 2020, 06:25 AM   #185
od91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaAndCheesecake View Post
Congrats ! Hopefully the purchase history will work in your favour
Thank you. I hope so!
Old 9 April 2021, 02:27 AM   #186
Chrisbuer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex BLNR
Just bumping this thread for any of the UK folk on here.

I'm in regular contact with my AD who is trying their best to get my a CHNR "Rootbeer". I have pretty good purchase history and bought a Chopard Alpine Eagle (circa £11k) earlier this month and also bought my original BLNR from them back in 2017.

However despite being on the list for the CHNR since January, it's still alluding me. I do believe the AD is good for their word but I just think it's a supply issue getting them through. I guess it's the same elsewhere in the UK but if anyone knows of an AD that might entertain a conversation and be able to source this piece, I'd be very interested
Chrisbuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2021, 05:34 AM   #187
Woody
"TRF" Member

You have only been on “the list” since January ......give it until the end of the year.....you might just get lucky .
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2021, 05:37 AM   #188
od91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisbuer View Post
Just bumping this thread for any of the UK folk on here.

I'm in regular contact with my AD who is trying their best to get my a CHNR "Rootbeer". I have pretty good purchase history and bought a Chopard Alpine Eagle (circa £11k) earlier this month and also bought my original BLNR from them back in 2017.

However despite being on the list for the CHNR since January, it's still alluding me. I do believe the AD is good for their word but I just think it's a supply issue getting them through. I guess it's the same elsewhere in the UK but if anyone knows of an AD that might entertain a conversation and be able to source this piece, I'd be very interested
You’ve only been on since Jan, that isn’t so bad! From what I’ve seen people saying online, I think there’s an even bigger shortage due to COVID restrictions at Rolex and Brexit.... could be BS but it does make sense! I put my name down for the 2021 Pepsi on Oyster and they’ve accepted my request, I am fully expecting to never get the call or in 3 years time when ive just bought a new car or something
Old 9 April 2021, 06:26 AM   #189
Chrisbuer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by od91 View Post
You’ve only been on since Jan, that isn’t so bad! From what I’ve seen people saying online, I think there’s an even bigger shortage due to COVID restrictions at Rolex and Brexit.... could be BS but it does make sense! I put my name down for the 2021 Pepsi on Oyster and they’ve accepted my request, I am fully expecting to never get the call or in 3 years time when ive just bought a new car or something
Thanks. I should have said that technically speaking I've been "on their list" for three watches since August last year. Mainly because they were happy to take my details but it was more of a walk in and take my details conversation and I never really followed up with them.

However since the start of the year, I've struck up a good rapport with the deputy manager after purchasing another watch (none-Rolex) at a cost of around the same price of the Rootbeer. So I have semi decent purchase history. I have also specifically said that it is the Rootbeer (or CHNR to them) that I want. I'm told I should receive it this year which is great but I had heard that this piece was slightly easier to come by than other models.

So I'm certainly not feeling inpatient, but others have said on average it would take 3 months to acquire....however I assume this was a pre-COVID timescale as due to lockdown and Brexit, supplies coming through are slower than normal.

I'm just curious to know if others are also finding stock being slow in the UK. I had heard with the throughput at airport slowing down, a lot of stock earmarked for airport ADs was being re-rerouted to local / regional ADs. Not sure if that's true either but just curious to assess the landscape out there really.
Chrisbuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2022, 07:13 AM   #190
od91
"TRF" Member

As everyone is aware, the Rolex supply has definitely gotten worse as there is more of a demand. This thread is such a good diary for what happened.

I got my YM40 blue dial in Jan 2021, yesterday Jan 2022 I got the call finally for my Sub Date! It has taken maybe 18 months since starting my quest but I picked it up yesterday and it was worth the wait.

For anyone who wants an in demand sports model there is hope even if you have “little” spend history, it all depends on your AD & sales rep.

I do have my name down for a GMT Pepsi next but I’ve been told it’s unlikely I’ll be able to get it as I’ve already had 2 sports models within a year so their advice is for me to buy something else like an OP or DJ then I’ll be able to get the GMT. I think I’ll ask for a DJ Wimbledon dial on jubilee.
Old 20 January 2022, 07:57 AM   #191
S.Explorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rollie
Indeed, it's difficult in the UK. No previous spend, coming up to 9 months on an OP 31 (not a hot colour).
S.Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2022, 08:09 AM   #192
Jack Thomas
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Explorer View Post
Indeed, it's difficult in the UK. No previous spend, coming up to 9 months on an OP 31 (not a hot colour).
which one are you looking for?
Jack Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2022, 08:12 AM   #193
S.Explorer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Thomas View Post
which one are you looking for?
Sunburst pink dial.
Old 20 January 2022, 05:19 PM   #194
od91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Who are you on a “list” with? As a first purchase that shouldn’t be too difficult to obtain. I guess it depends on the size of the AD whether they get stock. I do wonder whether the smaller OPs aren’t made in high qualities because they aren’t “hot”
Old 20 January 2022, 05:30 PM   #195
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Who are you on a “list” with? As a first purchase that shouldn’t be too difficult to obtain. I guess it depends on the size of the AD whether they get stock. I do wonder whether the smaller OPs aren’t made in high qualities because they aren’t “hot”
The reality is, most stuff is “hot” these days.
Crazy times
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2022, 06:35 PM   #196
od91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
The reality is, most stuff is “hot” these days.
Crazy times
Oh for sure! But there is specific models which are near impossible to get like Sub, Sky Dweller, GMT, Daytona etc. OP & DJ should be fairly easy to obtain in comparison.

A year ago all of our AD windows were full of DJs now even they’re for exhibition only
Old 20 January 2022, 06:46 PM   #197
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisbuer View Post
So I'm certainly not feeling inpatient, but others have said on average it would take 3 months to acquire....however I assume this was a pre-COVID timescale as due to lockdown and Brexit, supplies coming through are slower than normal.
At the beginning of 2020 it took me 9 months. 3 months seems optimistic to say the least. Having said that, you never know when you will bump into one if you have occasion to visit or walk into a few ADs. It can happen.

My last AD acquisition was my SS BLRO, which I wanted to go alongside my TT CHNR. I went on my AD's list in July 2020, collected in October 2021. I would classify that as quick for a BLRO and it indicates that allocations are flowing. If they are up, down or intermittent I have no idea. The best person to ask is the AD you are dealing with.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2022, 06:49 PM   #198
AJW232
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Sunburst pink dial.
Have you tried Bucherer? I bought one out the display last year. I’ve also seen them on display (available to purchase, not display only) in central London AD’s such as Wempe, Mappin & Webb etc over the past year.
AJW232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2022, 08:52 PM   #199
S.Explorer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Watches of Switzerland Group. Yep, I'm surprised by how long it's been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJW232 View Post
Have you tried Bucherer? I bought one out the display last year. I’ve also seen them on display (available to purchase, not display only) in central London AD’s such as Wempe, Mappin & Webb etc over the past year.
Not tried Bucherer (or any other AD) yet but thanks for the suggestion. Had a sincere conversation recently with the SA I've been keeping in touch with at WOSG so will give her a bit more time.

It's interesting that they're available to buy in Central London, I guess the lack of tourists have made it easier there.
Old 20 January 2022, 09:08 PM   #200
JSCP
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex PM’s/Patek
My recent experience in USA, I’m a “VIP” end of last year (2021). 4-5 months for a requested Batman, was offered Batgirl in between.
DD40 RG/Sundust-Roman;DD40YG/White/Roman;DD40 WG/Olive;Daytona RG;Sub Black YG; Daytona Panda; Celebration 41; GMT-II’s: Left VTNR; GRNR; Batman; SkyDweller SSJubilee/Black; SUB no-date; Oysterquartz SS; DJ SS 36mm’87; Cartier: Roadster YG;Santos YG; Panther YG; Panther SS; Tank’73 YG, Tank must 2023 ;Tank Americaine YG;BulgariBB38mm/YG
JSCP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2022, 06:06 AM   #201
od91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSCP View Post
My recent experience in USA, I’m a “VIP” end of last year (2021). 4-5 months for a requested Batman, was offered Batgirl in between.
I’m part of a lot of Facebook groups and you guys seem to get watches easier!! Might be an illusion because US is so much larger than the UK! I was told by my AD I can’t buy any more sports watches until I get something else. One of my friends had a batgirl then got a Batman - which I thought was from the same AD but she said they wouldn’t ever do that in the group.
Old 22 January 2022, 06:13 AM   #202
Daytonaboy1977
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry-57 View Post
Your best source of information will be the AD who takes your order for the Sub Date.
There is a lot of variation and it depends on a number of factors.

I was offered a BLNR out of the safe last month by my AD. I can't get on the list for a SS Sky Dweller or the LV, I'm on the list for the SS BLRO as of last month and will report back if it appears before I die of old age. The Polar is wait listed at my AD. Two years ago I walked in and bought one from stock. A Bluesy took eight months and a TT CHNR took ten. A 36mm OP Grape came out of the safe off a walk in this year. OP 39 is wait listed (approx one year). SS DJ is wait listed. I bought a Z-Blue out of their window in mid 2018 and haven't seen a Milgauss on display in the AD since.

That's just an anecdotal sample of one. Your mileage may vary. I expect that after a few of us have chipped in with personal experiences, a pattern will fail to emerge! And your Sub Date could turn up next week. You just never know. All the best with it.
I have to say, a realistic and accurate post of the UK market conditions. I have a fantastic relationship with a UK AD and only buy to keep, however, even at that, the dealers are really struggling to meet demands of their highest spenders. I am certainly not classed as a "High spender" but a habitual reoffender. I can understand why people feel aggrieved when being politely managed by a professional AD. Supply simply isn't their fault but they are managing the best outcome for their business given the difficult conditions.

Good response to a genuine question, best wishes to the OP in the search for your new Sub Date
Daytonaboy1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2022, 06:23 AM   #203
od91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytonaboy1977 View Post
I have to say, a realistic and accurate post of the UK market conditions. I have a fantastic relationship with a UK AD and only buy to keep, however, even at that, the dealers are really struggling to meet demands of their highest spenders. I am certainly not classed as a "High spender" but a habitual reoffender. I can understand why people feel aggrieved when being politely managed by a professional AD. Supply simply isn't their fault but they are managing the best outcome for their business given the difficult conditions.

Good response to a genuine question, best wishes to the OP in the search for your new Sub Date
Thank you, I got it earlier this week!
Old 22 January 2022, 08:05 AM   #204
kultschar
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP & Rolex
How easy would it be to get a Rose Gold Skydweller on Oysterflexi n the UK? Presume impossible like the SS Rolex?
kultschar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2022, 08:08 AM   #205
DoricSpiker
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
How easy would it be to get a Rose Gold Skydweller on Oysterflexi n the UK? Presume impossible like the SS Rolex?

Easier to get into Australia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DoricSpiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2022, 08:30 AM   #206
kultschar
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP & Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoricSpiker View Post
Easier to get into Australia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha
kultschar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2022, 05:34 PM   #207
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
I’m part of a lot of Facebook groups and you guys seem to get watches easier!! Might be an illusion because US is so much larger than the UK! I was told by my AD I can’t buy any more sports watches until I get something else. One of my friends had a batgirl then got a Batman - which I thought was from the same AD but she said they wouldn’t ever do that in the group.
Yeh they’ll want you buying classic models too, not just sports.
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2022, 06:05 PM   #208
TimepieceRPP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
relatively easy if you choose white dial, black and chocolate will be little bit difficult
TimepieceRPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2022, 07:31 AM   #209
Jagsie
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN,126660-JC
2 years and counting waiting for a Batman…..
Jagsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2022, 08:22 AM   #210
One Team
"TRF" Member

Hi All

After quite a while of reading and enjoying this forum this is actually my first post, and somewhat apt given I am in the UK also and experiencing similar to many of you.

This is a great thread to gauge what's going on in the UK in terms of supply and lead times and some of the posts above are really interesting and illuminating.

I am apparently "on the pathway" after making initial enquiries with my local AD for a Submariner back in July 2019 and have been on the list proper since April 2021, so a little over 9 months now that I've been 'officially' waiting.

I have a relatively small amount of history, although all non-Rolex, consisting of a couple of watches and relatively small items of jewellery and accessories.

Despite the AD being very nice and polite and recognising it was an occasion piece and lifetime keeper I've not got any sense yet I am any closer to obtaining it. Whilst it's been made clear that buying other things would help in moving me up the list (despite the fact I've already a buying history) that's not something I really want to entertain, so it feels like it's going to be a very long wait, or perhaps just luck.

Thanks for reading and any thoughts and for all the superb advice and knowledge you all share. I'll keep reading and enjoying the forum.
One Team is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
availability , scarcity