The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 18 October 2018, 09:13 AM   #61
Limestonedan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
I far prefer weed smoke over cigarette smoke.

Pisses me off to no end to have to walk through someone’s cigarette smoke.
Personally not a fan of either but have to agree 100% with you Seth.
Limestonedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2018, 09:17 AM   #62
Syed117
"TRF" Member

You are right. There are absolutely safety concerns and and being impaired while driving is definitely a real concern with marijuana.

It just doesn't compare to alcohol. In 2016, 10,500 people were killed in alcohol related driving crashes.

I'm for extreme punishments when it comes to drunk driving, but that's another topic entirely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Savage View Post
Sorry, this is wrong. People absolutely drive while high on weed and kill people. According to the Colorado Department of Transportation, 77 people died in marijuana-related automobile fatalities in 2016. During a survey done by CDOT, just over half of marijuana users said they had driven a vehicle during the past month within 2 hours of using weed.

I agree, of course, then weed is safer than alcohol, but to assume it doesn't have dangers is just not embracing all the facts.
Old 18 October 2018, 09:22 AM   #63
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joli160 View Post
I am not judging others but not a fan of alcohol either. Like drugs nothing much good comes from using it. Lost relatives a long time ago to a drunk driver which is probably the reason why.
World would be a better place without. All the bar and street fights, broken families, accidents with root cause use of alcohol. Who needs that.

Prescribed drugs is a totally different story, people really benefit from these and the use of these should not even be discussed imho.
Altering one’s state of mind is something that people have been doing since the beginning of time. I’m not saying it’s right or wrong, but I accept it as a fact of life.

In terms of things that offer no benefits, you could even argue that fast food and soda should be included. All they do is promote obesity, lead to diseases, and drive up our medical costs.

I am ok with marijuana because it is relatively harmless compared to what’s already legal. The reason why it has been portrayed as dangerous and evil is because the big alcohol and tobacco companies haven’t been able to monopolize it. By making marijuana legal, there’s at least the benefit of getting illegal drugs off the street, reducing crimes associated with selling drugs, and hopefully some money can be raised via taxes that will go back into the economy (being extremely optimistic with the last example lol...).
Wesley Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2018, 09:32 AM   #64
Doc Savage
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Explorer 214270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed117 View Post
You are right. There are absolutely safety concerns and and being impaired while driving is definitely a real concern with marijuana.

It just doesn't compare to alcohol. In 2016, 10,500 people were killed in alcohol related driving crashes.

I'm for extreme punishments when it comes to drunk driving, but that's another topic entirely.
I agree. You'll note I mentioned alcohol's greater danger

In Colorado, 8% of automobile deaths were weed-related, and 26% alcohol-related.

-Edward O. Wilson
Doc Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2018, 11:29 AM   #65
pyrostick
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
I have lived in Colorado since before it was legalized.

Our crime rate seems to be down, and the taxes have definetly made a difference in some areas.

The one area it isn't helping, is the homeless population. The shelters have a no drug policy, so a lot of people rather stay on the street and get high.

Overall, from day to day life no one notices. Other than when driving out of state with Colorado license plates.

I think it has been a good change, but doesn't affect my daily life, and I couldn't do it even if I wanted to.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
pyrostick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2018, 11:58 AM   #66
CDNWatchNut
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox red lab View Post
I am thoroughly embarrassed that this is our prime ministers biggest priority. Canada needs pipelines not pot. Our oil is selling at $25/bbl because we can't get it to market. This costs Canada hundreds upon hundreds of millions of dollars of lost revenue and royalties but our dipshit in Ottawa thinks that legalizing pot is more important. Brutal!!
I agree 100%.
CDNWatchNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2018, 02:17 PM   #67
toxicavenger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seiko's
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinp View Post
Are there any members that live in Colorado? Id love a first hand account of how things have evolved since weed became legal. Collecting tax was a big selling point when it was pitched. Do you notice a difference?
Like i mention above the only thing I have seen is our homeless population has risen 300%. We have a huge issue with it now that we did not have before.

And yes I voted for it to be legal. I don't know if any of them money has gone to schools or any improvements.
toxicavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2018, 03:36 PM   #68
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicavenger View Post
Like i mention above the only thing I have seen is our homeless population has risen 300%. We have a huge issue with it now that we did not have before.

And yes I voted for it to be legal. I don't know if any of them money has gone to schools or any improvements.
Don't forget about the increase in housing prices in Denver. Portland has had the same thing happen since weed went legal there.

-Edward O. Wilson
Old 18 October 2018, 09:14 PM   #69
SPARTAN2161
Banned

Watch: me flip
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
I actually want it legalized in my state, NY, so I can maybe buy some very high quality but low THC strain. I’m not looking to get blasted I just want something to smoke that taste better than tobacco. In fact I would buy 0%THC pot lol

And no, I’m not interested in vaping bro
They have that already in NY and in Buffalo. It is CBD strains. it is the male plant versus female and contains little to no THC.
SPARTAN2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2018, 09:26 PM   #70
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryten View Post
That sums it up pretty well.

I really don't care either way. If someone wants to get mashed on weed, then good on them. The only thing I don't like about it, is that it makes people happy doing nothing, and doing nothing doesn't help us as a society.

I can't think of a single invention or scientific breakthrough that involved marijuana. Cocaine on the other hand had some of the best scientific minds firing on all cylinders. Francis Crick, for example, was on it when he discovered the double helix structure of DNA........
Imagine what he could have done if he was off the coke
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2018, 09:44 PM   #71
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
That sums it up pretty well.

I really don't care either way. If someone wants to get mashed on weed, then good on them. The only thing I don't like about it, is that it makes people happy doing nothing, and doing nothing doesn't help us as a society.

I can't think of a single invention or scientific breakthrough that involved marijuana. Cocaine on the other hand had some of the best scientific minds firing on all cylinders. Francis Crick, for example, was on it when he discovered the double helix structure of DNA........
It's always had the opposite effect on me.

I never smoked in HS, but in college I became a big pothead. And I got the best grades of my life. And if I wasnt studying, it was exercising in some way. It was actually pretty super for me. For sure though, it also inspired the munchies and movie marathons at times as well. That was a long time ago though.

Alas, it now makes me paranoid and anxiety ridden. I can't smoke anymore. I can't really drink anymore either. I also have to be on a low-fat diet. Crap....Ive to nothing left but coffee. Oh yeah, that also makes me too anxious so I drink only decaf......:

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2018, 12:08 AM   #72
Headshrinker
"TRF" Member

Watch: Day-Date
I never see the medical research concerning marijuana and brain chemistry damage any more. I guess we are too focused on making money and keeping dealers out of prison. I shouldn’t even mention the increased negative effect on our children or the increase in car accidents.
Headshrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2018, 03:28 PM   #73
Speed
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Robert View Post
I live in California, it’s been legal here for a bit, I got some og kush, but I prefer smoking doobies, not a fan of edibles.....so I have a og kush Doobie laced with some Kief & hashish, I’m firing it up right now for you

You should grow some Dred Locks Bob.
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2018, 03:58 PM   #74
Dr. Robert
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed View Post
You should grow some Dred Locks Bob.
There’s no locks to dread
Old 21 October 2018, 05:42 PM   #75
BNA/LION
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
Icon7 marijuana legalized in Canada the Day is here

~

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2018, 12:23 AM   #76
Cryten
"TRF" Member

2 days in and it seems our Canadian friends have smoked all the weed in the country already. That's a good effort.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8593861.html

There can't be much actual work being done in Canada right now eh?
Cryten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2018, 03:24 AM   #77
Doc Savage

Tourism from the US is probably on the rise, too.

-Edward O. Wilson
Old 22 October 2018, 03:38 AM   #78
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN2161 View Post
They have that already in NY and in Buffalo. It is CBD strains. it is the male plant versus female and contains little to no THC.
Nice! Do I need a prescription?
Old 23 October 2018, 02:08 AM   #79
Chloe&Harley

Watch: Milgauss white
Quote:
Tourism from the US is probably on the rise, too.
They are already working/planing on it in Niagara Falls
Chloe&Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2018, 02:11 AM   #80
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe&Harley View Post
They are already working/planing on it in Niagara Falls
I imagine it is going to be a field day for the US border agents
Old 23 October 2018, 03:47 AM   #81
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
Quote:
2 days in and it seems our Canadian friends have smoked all the weed in the country already. That's a good effort.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8593861.html

There can't be much actual work being done in Canada right now eh?

That’s hilarious. Thanks for finding and sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hollie_Rollie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2018, 04:49 AM   #82
Art 1
Banned

Watch: Rol/Seik/Tud/Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
I imagine it is going to be a field day for the US border agents
Thats what Im afraid of. Getting held up at the border that is. Have enough trouble coming and going as it is.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2018, 05:26 AM   #83
ras47
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 BLRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed117 View Post

One thing that makes driving under the influence of marijuana so dangerous is that folks don't understand the impairment. There will be a steep and costly learning curve.

Something else to consider is that just because it's legalized, it doesn't mean companies can't prohibit it's use as a condition of employment. Coming to work high will still get folks fired. There is going to be a legal circus to iron it all out.
Old 23 October 2018, 05:36 AM   #84
envuks

I already live in the great state of grassachusetts so I didn’t pay it any mind. We've got that already

“A man with one watch always knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure.”
envuks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2018, 06:09 AM   #85
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ras47 View Post
One thing that makes driving under the influence of marijuana so dangerous is that folks don't understand the impairment. There will be a steep and costly learning curve.

Something else to consider is that just because it's legalized, it doesn't mean companies can't prohibit it's use as a condition of employment. Coming to work high will still get folks fired. There is going to be a legal circus to iron it all out.
A matter of common sense really...
Of course you shouldn't drive while high, or show up to work high.
But just as with alcohol, if enjoyed in moderation it can be a very enjoyable thing just don't use it too often and don't use it to get away from personal problems.
SearChart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2018, 07:30 AM   #86
Colin G
"TRF" Member

Watch: 216570, 214270
Most of Canada does not even care anymore.

I never did, and still don't.

Onto the next national crisis.
Colin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2018, 07:56 AM   #87
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ras47 View Post

Yep. Even if it gets decriminalized nationally, US federal government employees will be prevented from using it. So will contractors who do business with the US. They will conduct regular drug testing to verify.

-Edward O. Wilson
Old 23 October 2018, 10:02 AM   #88
ras47
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 BLRO
Quote:
Yep. Even if it gets decriminalized nationally, US federal government employees will be prevented from using it. So will contractors who do business with the US. They will conduct regular drug testing to verify.
Exactly. Decriminalizing marijuana use doesn't give it a rubber stamp of approval for employees of private companies.
Old 23 October 2018, 10:05 AM   #89
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin G View Post
Most of Canada does not even care anymore.

I never did, and still don't.

Onto the next national crisis.
Perfect. Just perfect.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2018, 01:17 AM   #90
Theurbancommando
"TRF" Member

Nobody seems to have mentironed what a disgusting smell it has. TBH I'm surprised how many think it's a good idea. We'll see how it pans out. But I can see folks like me getting angry if my neighbours started stinking the streets out with the foul scummy stuff.It's for wasters
Theurbancommando is offline   Reply With Quote