The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 9 August 2018, 12:54 AM   #1
grahammackay86
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Stock in Zurich airport

My other half was travelling through Zurich airport today so got her to pop in to Bucherer to see if they had any stock on any of the hot SS models; BLRO, BLNR, Skydweller, Daytona, Hulk, CHNR, DSJC.... she said the guy behind the counter said they hadn't had any new stock in 9 months!! This seems a bit extreme no?
grahammackay86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2018, 01:01 AM   #2
marc2828
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP,LV,SD43,PAMs
So weird we keep seeing same comments about no stock at AD's across the world, BUT then I see comments that some small AD's in Georgia, Florida, etc have SS sport models. I was really lucky to get my SD43 at a Northern NJ AD. I started calling dealers after being on a NYC AD waitlist for a year. I got lucky in that the salesperson said they had just received a shipment of 11 watches. By that evening, the only 2 left were a SS black GMT and the new DSSD black face which I posted on TRF. Both were gone shortly thereafter.
marc2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2018, 01:03 AM   #3
FirstF80InSpace
"TRF" Member

I spoke with a large AD in Toronto the other day, and she said they've only received one Daytona C this year.
FirstF80InSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2018, 01:04 AM   #4
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahammackay86 View Post
My other half was travelling through Zurich airport today so got her to pop in to Bucherer to see if they had any stock on any of the hot SS models; BLRO, BLNR, Skydweller, Daytona, Hulk, CHNR, DSJC.... she said the guy behind the counter said they hadn't had any new stock in 9 months!! This seems a bit extreme no?
its the german side of switzerland and the french side must be upset about something
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2018, 01:04 AM   #5
Bobby T
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahammackay86 View Post
This seems a bit extreme no?
No.....
Bobby T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2018, 01:19 AM   #6
nektar
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc2828 View Post
So weird we keep seeing same comments about no stock at AD's across the world, BUT then I see comments that some small AD's in Georgia, Florida, etc have SS sport models. I was really lucky to get my SD43 at a Northern NJ AD. I started calling dealers after being on a NYC AD waitlist for a year. I got lucky in that the salesperson said they had just received a shipment of 11 watches. By that evening, the only 2 left were a SS black GMT and the new DSSD black face which I posted on TRF. Both were gone shortly thereafter.
In TX, LA and AR they have stock. Or they had a few day ago lol
nektar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2018, 02:11 AM   #7
defmix
"TRF" Member

Zurich empty

I travelled through Zurich airport last Friday, never seen the shop so empty! Previously they had stacks of every kind of Rolex, most displays were bare. Compare this to Dec 2016............
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0225.JPG (102.0 KB, 619 views)
defmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2018, 02:53 AM   #8
jltait
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116200
Quote:
Originally Posted by defmix View Post
I travelled through Zurich airport last Friday, never seen the shop so empty! Previously they had stacks of every kind of Rolex, most displays were bare. Compare this to Dec 2016............
That picture
jltait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2018, 03:11 AM   #9
Al1969
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
BLNR and LVC sitting in the case? Wow, how times changed.
Old 9 August 2018, 03:14 AM   #10
BLNR Nairobi
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them.
Quote:
Wow.

Like the first time some scientist came across a live coelacanth...a living fossil.

A BLNR and a LVc sitting pretty for all to see ...
BLNR Nairobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2018, 03:16 AM   #11
neilio
"TRF" Member

Looking for the new SS Pepsi. We're on a cruise in 3 weeks (Aug/Sept). Not that I am expecting to find one. But, will be looking to visit the ADs in various ports and 4 different airports;

Airports: Frankfurt, Munich, Copenhagen and Stockholm
Ports: Copenhagen, Stockholm, Helsinki and St. Petersburg

Doubt I will find one. But, will be fun visiting the different countries and stores. I know one can get lucky at the airports as they don't take waiting lists.

Neilio
neilio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2018, 03:16 AM   #12
EDL7
"TRF" Member

Rolex..tryin..to kill the brand..
EDL7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2018, 03:18 AM   #13
Vivalas
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
I think it’s easier for AD’s to say they’ve had no SS stock.
Vivalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2018, 03:23 AM   #14
marc2828
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP,LV,SD43,PAMs
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDL7 View Post
Rolex..tryin..to kill the brand..
I do not agree. A mere 2 years ago many SS Rolexes were easily obtained per the Zurich 2016 pic on this thread. Rolex just got caught off sides with massive SS sport watch worldwide demand especially in Asia. Major cities and high traffic airport hubs have none, but we all know that the smaller city and rural dealers (LA, GA, TX, FL) in the US have some stock. People have mentioned SD43's in the case in several locations in the southern US.

Things will change when:
A) Rolex increases production a bit to catch up and/or
B) the global economy plateaus/declines
marc2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2018, 03:45 AM   #15
007_Omega
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
One of my local ADs, who provided me with an excellent experience (free catalogue, nice chat, let me try on a bunch of models), straight up told me that they wouldn't even put me on a list for many watches that I was inquiring about. They were like there is no point in putting you on a list when we know we can't get you the watch, even if I paid the watch upfront.

I do appreciate that honesty. I'm sure other ADs would take the money knowing that the watch wouldn't come for years.

The whole situation is annoying. The AD did tell me that they heard Rolex was going to up the manufacturing and that things should get better by December. I heard the same thing on the forum so maybe there is something to it.
007_Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2018, 07:44 AM   #16
grahammackay86
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Quote:

Wow, would be a tough choice there!
grahammackay86 is offline   Reply With Quote