The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 22 May 2018, 09:15 PM   #31
teabags001
Banned

Watch: DD40, hulk, Dayton
Quote:
Originally Posted by teabags001 View Post
Beautiful. Just something about a rhodium and diamond dial is sexy to my eyes. Like they are a perfect match. The only color I think where diamonds don’t look too dressy if you know what i mean.

This is my exact thinking. Usually prefer romans or sticks but the dial layout with diamonds looks perfect and with The rhodium it looks like that’s the best dial combo for the color imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
teabags001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 09:36 PM   #32
soran
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Yes dark grey goes with everything
soran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 10:24 PM   #33
TK-710
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116600
I would say absolutely yes. Easily. I think the Rhodium DJ smooth bezel on oyster is about as versatile a watch as Rolex makes. There’s is pretty much nothing I would need a watch for that that watch couldn’t handle.
TK-710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2018, 06:02 AM   #34
teabags001
Banned

Rhodium watch dial as a one and only watch

Thank you all for the advice. I pulled the trigger on the datejust ii rhodium diamond dial. I loved the datejust 41 but it was just too small for my wrist. It’s amazing how much bigger the datejust ii wears. I love it. Most have commented that my old watch looked like a 36mm in my wrist. This is a proper 41mm watch. Got it from DavidSW. Highly recommend.
Old 24 May 2018, 09:16 AM   #35
teabags001
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
I guess there's two parts to this:

The first part - can a rhodium dialed watch be a one and only. Of course it can. Dark rhodium is probably more versatile than black. Its not as stark and goes with absolutely anything. Put that dial on a DJ with an oyster bracelet and you've probably got one of the most versatile watches Rolex makes (smooth or fluted bezel)

We way over think these things. I wore a 6239 Daytona (silver panda dial) as an only watch for 13 years. Worked with everything. Then black dialed watches (a sub and then a sea dweller) the next 13 years, also worked with everything and both pretty much as only watches (had a G shock for mountain biking, etc). Even my chocolate dialed Daytona pretty much went with everything.

You're only going to have to start thinking about versatility with the likes of green sunburst, the various grape dials and perhaps blue in some situations.

As for the second part, if you're going to go diamonds then IMO rhodium or silver are the only ways to go for an only watch. As you've said, rhodium dresses the diamonds down a bit

Very good advice. Thanks very much. I agree with your points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk