The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 25 May 2020, 05:29 AM   #1
Mifune
Banned

AD's are beginning to call...

seems as though the AD's in my area are beginning to call with stock... I just got a call (second in a week) from a local large chain AD saying that he had just received a shipment and that the shipment had SEVERAL professional steel pieces.

for me it was unfortunate that he didnt have a GMT, but he did offer me a Sub, Sub/date, seadweller 603, datejust in all colors... he said 50 pieces in all.

I wanted to move on a 114060 or the 126603, but he told me that they are receiving another shipment next week and that there MIGHT BE a tiny chance that there is a GMT in that shipment.

fingers crossed.
Mifune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2020, 05:40 AM   #2
Ranger67
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116613LB Bluesy
I assume that’s in the US.
Ranger67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2020, 06:09 AM   #3
Mifune
Banned

it is... west coast.
Old 25 May 2020, 06:13 AM   #4
djyolky
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mifune View Post
it is... west coast.
Which AD?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
djyolky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2020, 06:21 AM   #5
SudiYunus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Cartier Panthere
Quote:
Originally Posted by djyolky View Post
Which AD?

+1, Which AD? What city?
Pls share, thx
DJ 36 White Dial ,CasiOak
Sub ND
SudiYunus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2020, 06:23 AM   #6
HorologyK
"TRF" Member

Pretty much the opposite of what I’ve heard from several ADs throughout the country... and to have so many choices lol.
HorologyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2020, 06:29 AM   #7
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/PP/ALS
I really like 114060, it looks symmetrical without the date window, I got mine last February.

Before the lockdown, I told my SA that I would like to acquire GMT Master II white gold with Meteorite dial.

Yesterday I just got a call from the Boutique that the new shipment from Rolex came in, no Meteorite dial yet, but there is one Batman. Do I want it? I decide to go ahead and get the Batman for now because I also like it too.

If you don't like what they have it now, don't get it. Wait until the item that you really want come in and get it at that time.
Benzsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2020, 06:29 AM   #8
Onetwobit
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Are you a big buyer? If so, I don't know if you can make that a blanket statement.
Onetwobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2020, 01:03 PM   #9
peticks
"TRF" Member

Looks like Rolex is shipping to ADs now...
peticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2020, 01:09 PM   #10
Gee2789
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1967 Doxa 300 no-T
It’s tempting to extrapolate our own experiences to a wider trend in the market. However, I feel that much of this is still just random coincidence.

Last week I got a call for a BLNR Jubilee. Then, the following week one of my friends did too. All within the same city from different ADs. It would be easy to say that this data point should support the idea that ADs are starting to “hurt” and are calling others to try and unwind stock.

However, I think it’s actually just coincidence and is still early in the game to make such assumptions. Instead, I think pricing on the secondary market for SS sport models is still the key indicator to pay attention to. If buyers at the premium price are drying up then it may be pointing to either dwindling demand, or easier access to the AD at retail price.
Gee2789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2020, 01:19 PM   #11
Yess
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060
Quote:
seems as though the AD's in my area are beginning to call with stock... I just got a call (second in a week) from a local large chain AD saying that he had just received a shipment and that the shipment had SEVERAL professional steel pieces.

for me it was unfortunate that he didnt have a GMT, but he did offer me a Sub, Sub/date, seadweller 603, datejust in all colors... he said 50 pieces in all.

I wanted to move on a 114060 or the 126603, but he told me that they are receiving another shipment next week and that there MIGHT BE a tiny chance that there is a GMT in that shipment.

fingers crossed.
They're getting weekly shipments?
Yess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2020, 01:35 PM   #12
arcampado
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
My 2 cents is they are cleaning out the safe. Multiple local ADs that I deal with on the East coast are saying Rolex NYC is still closed and they won’t get new shipments until July.
arcampado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2020, 02:34 PM   #13
Quamby
"TRF" Member

sorry wrong thread
Quamby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2020, 12:32 AM   #14
LJubel328
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcampado View Post
My 2 cents is they are cleaning out the safe. Multiple local ADs that I deal with on the East coast are saying Rolex NYC is still closed and they won’t get new shipments until July.
+1 other than no new shipments until July
LJubel328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2020, 12:51 AM   #15
calebb90
Banned

At larger AD’s, especially in States that have been on lock down, it’s possible that their regional distribution centers / headquarters are only now processing shipments received during early shelter in place and distributing to their stores.

I believe Rolex NYC is still closed and so new shipments are coming from Geneva but held up in NY for at least a couple more weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
calebb90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2020, 12:56 AM   #16
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
My AD said no new shipments until NYC is back open somewhat and RUSA able to ship.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2020, 01:13 AM   #17
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
Quote:
Originally Posted by SudiYunus View Post
+1, Which AD? What city?
Pls share, thx

Yes and please give us the name and contact info for your salesperson! Lol.

GGGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2020, 01:54 AM   #18
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebb90 View Post
At larger AD’s, especially in States that have been on lock down, it’s possible that their regional distribution centers / headquarters are only now processing shipments received during early shelter in place and distributing to their stores.

I believe Rolex NYC is still closed and so new shipments are coming from Geneva but held up in NY for at least a couple more weeks.

RolexUSA in NYC is the sole distribution point for new Rolex and by all accounts is still under lockdown. I have not spoken to my SA since right after they reopened a couple weeks ago, but at that time they were hoping for a late May/early June for a big shipment, they are almost empty. I believe the handful of incomings here are from “vault stock” that some dealers seem to keep. My dealer sells them too fast to hoarde a bunch of stuff.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2020, 01:54 AM   #19
Ec2016
"TRF" Member

I trust my AD, and like others said, my AD says Rolex NY is still closed.

This thread smells of BS. Maybe not OP, but the stuff his AD has been feeding him. If post is true, I suspect these were pieces held in safes or items returned from grays.
Ec2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2020, 01:55 AM   #20
Event Horizon
Banned

Watch: BLRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ec2016 View Post
I trust my AD, and like others said, my AD says Rolex NY is still closed.

This thread smells of BS. Maybe not OP, but the stuff his AD has been feeding him. If post is true, I suspect these were pieces held in safes or items returned from grays.
This is more likely.
Event Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2020, 02:04 AM   #21
djyolky
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Event Horizon View Post
This is more likely.
Yep, I surmised this would happen.. Returned, unsold stock from their sister grey partners. Lol.

djyolky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2020, 02:05 AM   #22
Ec2016
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Event Horizon View Post
This is more likely.
I think that’s right. Not much reason for ADs to hold these in safes, unless they were trying to pair sales with PM or other items.
Old 26 May 2020, 02:05 AM   #23
Mifune
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ec2016 View Post
my AD says Rolex NY is still closed.

This thread smells of BS. I suspect these were pieces held in safes or items returned from grays.

^ that's pretty speculative... I trust my AD (AD's)

all I know is what I was told I could come get via curbside delivery or brought to my home (which has happened more than once) that day (yesterday).

once again... it was several datejusts and day dates... a couple sub/subdate... and a 126603... roughly 50 pieces in all.

If he had offered me a 126600 I might have jumped in the car and got it... the 603 is a bit more than I want to spend right now and combined with the fact that he said he would be getting more next week (when they open completely) I opted to wait to see if I might get lucky and score a 126710blro.

:/thread
Old 26 May 2020, 02:11 AM   #24
Ec2016
"TRF" Member

Quote:
^ that's pretty speculative... I trust my AD (AD's)

all I know is what I was told I could come get via curbside delivery or brought to my home (which has happened more than once) that day (yesterday).

once again... it was several datejusts and day dates... a couple sub/subdate... and a 126603... roughly 50 pieces in all.

If he had offered me a 126600 I might have jumped in the car and got it... the 603 is a bit more than I want to spend right now and combined with the fact that he said he would be getting more next week (when they open completely) I opted to wait to see if I might get lucky and score a 126710blro.

:/thread
It is speculative, but the story from your AD doesn’t match up with any of the information others have. Where exactly is this stock shipping from? NY? And why aren’t other ADs receiving any? The speculations in my post are much more plausible than the story from your AD

Would be curious what date these warranty cards were scanned.
Old 26 May 2020, 02:14 AM   #25
Parapraxis
"TRF" Member

Sounds like vault stock, not new shipments from Rolex. NY distribution center is still closed to the best of my knowledge.

Last edited by Parapraxis; 26 May 2020 at 02:15 AM.. Reason: Misspelled "NY"
Parapraxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2020, 02:30 AM   #26
calebb90
Banned

AD's are beginning to call...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNouveau View Post
RolexUSA in NYC is the sole distribution point for new Rolex and by all accounts is still under lockdown. I have not spoken to my SA since right after they reopened a couple weeks ago, but at that time they were hoping for a late May/early June for a big shipment, they are almost empty. I believe the handful of incomings here are from “vault stock” that some dealers seem to keep. My dealer sells them too fast to hoarde a bunch of stuff.

Reread my post. Or I can make it clearer for you here.

Rolex NYC sends to Sidney Thomas headquarters in March. Sidney Thomas is closed, but is now reopening and distributes the shipment across their multiple stores in May. Voila!

My AD owns 3 stores but all the Rolexes they receive go to one store and then are distributed across the 3 stores from there.

Hope this helps!

calebb90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2020, 02:31 AM   #27
Texex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II
But at least they are open and calling. Here in the Pacific Northwest ADs aren't allowed to even go in with the doors locked, they all have to be home. We'll be closed for at lest 2 more weeks. We hit our peak with corona and started a downward trend the 2nd week of April, 6 weeks ago. Enough! Sorry to vent but I need my Rolex fix......
Old 26 May 2020, 02:49 AM   #28
socalwatchcollector
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pateks Plural
It's vault stock and I am on west coast. I have been called 2 to 3 times this past week by an AD I have not used often and they offered me a handful of SS pieces including a Daytona. I am waiting impatiently on a 5980/1r so that's the only call I want to get. In addition one of the large AD owners out here is also a close friend and he said no shipments as of yet but he has everything in the vault. He mentioned many people have declined picking up or following through due to the Covid. Most of these large AD's have every Rolex imaginable in their vault. Due to my relationship I have seen the vault many times and most of you would have a nervous break down because you haven't been able to get what you want. Well it's because they hoard them and deal them out to VIP's. There is no Rolex shortage. Just look around.. If you think otherwise then the kool-aid must be spiked.
socalwatchcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2020, 02:52 AM   #29
Tsurara
"TRF" Member

Quote:

This is what I am hearing also - multiple NYC AD's are giving me the exact same feedback that they are unable to get shipments from Rolex NYC in regard to some PM pieces I am trying to buy.
Tsurara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2020, 09:00 AM   #30
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
Quote:
Reread my post. Or I can make it clearer for you here.

Rolex NYC sends to Sidney Thomas headquarters in March. Sidney Thomas is closed, but is now reopening and distributes the shipment across their multiple stores in May. Voila!

My AD owns 3 stores but all the Rolexes they receive go to one store and then are distributed across the 3 stores from there.

Hope this helps!

Sorry, I realized you were talking shipments with in a chain after I posted. Quite possible their HQ got a shipment from RolexUSA before the shutdown that didn’t get divided up.
But a simple tune in to any news network will tell you that NYC is still under shutdown and a few posters here seem to think otherwise.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote