The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 9 February 2019, 01:24 AM   #1
JodyHighroller
Banned

New Panerai Owner with Accuracy Questions

Hi everyone!

I’ve recently picked up my first Panerai, a PAM00753. I just wanted to get my toes with wet with the brand so to speak, before jumping completely in.

Needless to say I’m loving the watch! I’ll be honest, I thought the brand was just a bunch of hype. I thought the case and dial number sizes made it too flashy and was put off by it.

I walked into an AD looking for another Rolex, but when they didn’t have I what I was after, I looked at their Panerai selection. After trying one on and thinking about it, I I pulled the trigger the next day! My favorite part about the watch is the lumes on the dial especially after being outside.

Now, my question is regarding the accuracy. From my communications with multiple Panerai reps, they said it should be +/- 5 seconds a day for all their movements. I’ve timed mine using the Twixt app and it seems to be losing around - 5 -10 secs a day. I prefer the Toolwatch app for measurements, but being this watch doesn’t have a small seconds hand, I have to resort to Twixt.

With that being said, I’d rather gain time than lose. I’ve noticed the difference in timing via the dials only after a week. Do you think it’s worthwhile to drop it off to get regulated? I live about 45 min away from the nearest Panerai Service Center in Fort Worth.
JodyHighroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2019, 02:52 AM   #2
ricardo-sf
"TRF" Member

send it in -- its under warranty.
ricardo-sf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2019, 06:03 AM   #3
JodyHighroller
Banned

New Panerai Owner with Accuracy Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardo-sf View Post
send it in -- its under warranty.

I am actually this weekend. I spoke with an “ambassador” from Panerai this morning asking where I could find the accuracy specs. She had to reach out to their corporate office to find out! Shortly after we discovered that they publish the specs in their warranty booklet. I was like why don’t they just post it on their product page vs inside this complicated table?!

She mentioned they’ve gotten a lot of complaints so they’re rewriting everything. Apparently Panerai Italy sends everything over in Italian and they literally just translate it into English. That’s why some sentences don’t flow properly lol.

Anyways we can to the conclusion that the “CTMP” figure is for the 24 hour period. For the P6000 movement it should be -/+ 4 seconds.
JodyHighroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2019, 10:55 AM   #4
synequano
Banned

Still -15 seconds per day is pretty bad...even on dial down position
synequano is offline   Reply With Quote