The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 2 January 2019, 02:52 AM   #1
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
Icon5 2019 Weightloss Advice Thread

Which of the below makes the biggest impact with a weightloss goal?

- lose the caffeine

- lose the sugar

- lose the processed meats

- lose the diet pop

- lose the artificial sweeteners

AnyOTA will also involve light exercise to start.

Or, do Weight Watchers and call it a day?

Thanks in advance.

Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 02:54 AM   #2
SearChart
TechXpert

Just lose all refined sugar and start doing cardio 6 times a week, make sure you drink enough water and have a solid sleep routine.

Every excuse to not reach these simple goals is BS.
SearChart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 02:54 AM   #3
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Tapeworms make the most sense. Eat what you want, you're eating for two.

Refined sugar carries a lot of risks. It hoses up your chemistry and puts fat on you like nothing else. Once you decide to part company with table sugar, corn syrup, and other pumped up sweeteners you only need to balance calories to lose weight.

Your body is a thermodynamic machine. If you consume more energy than you expend your body will store the excess and you'll gain weight. Look at your lifestyle in detail, use an online calculator to figure your caloric need for that lifestyle, then eat less calories every day than you need. You will lose weight.

Balanced diet, avoid high fructose fruits though.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 03:00 AM   #4
Pw92676
"TRF" Member

IMO, best results have come from counting calories. Get a free app and track what goes in and what is burned via exercise. Don’t cut anything out per se, but just make sure you aren’t overdoing any one particular offender (sweets, sodas, booze, etc) and your ‘splurge’ foods fit within your calorie budget. Prevents a binge if you fall off the rails. Tedious at first to log every food/activity, but after a while it becomes second nature then after a few months and some positive results, it becomes a way of life and you may not even need to log stuff.
Pw92676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 03:05 AM   #5
Dyim
"TRF" Member

Stop eating when you are 80% full.
Dyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 03:06 AM   #6
AzPaul
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 1501
Soundest advice on weight loss comes from Joe Pesci in 'Raging Bull'.

. . . . "Just get down to 155 lbs you fat bastard. You stop eating, what's the problem?" . . . .
Old 2 January 2019, 03:09 AM   #7
swils8610
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Loose the sugar. Focus on eating 60 to 80 grams of protein per day. The weight will melt off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
swils8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 03:11 AM   #8
Duey
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Too Many To List
Exercise. Without it it will never work

Like Bas said "start doing cardio 6 times a week" and then walk 2 to 5 miles a day on top of that.
Oh and never eat fast food or go out to eat at all. Do that and you'll loose as much as you want
Duey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 03:13 AM   #9
andyxxx
"TRF" Member

Watch: with confusion
The biggest impact to weightloss

- lose the sugar
andyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 03:14 AM   #10
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
Every 1 lb is roughly 3500 calories. Figure out your daily base calories. And eat less than that.

This works for the normal person. Once you get more advanced you can learn to control metabolism through carb cycling and leptins.
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 03:21 AM   #11
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

Sugar is the biggest one. It just kills in so many ways. Also, I found when I don't eat after 8PM I tend to lose some. Those late night carbs are also killers.
GoingPlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 03:25 AM   #12
SG56
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: SD4K
I think that everybody's metabolism is different.

I have never ever lost weight from exercising. I exercise for other reasons.

I usually gain and lose only 10 lbs at times.

Low carb diets work.

I think the artificial sweeteners are bad in every form. You can google to see what it does to your brain. Replace the diet drinks with water or iced fruit tea, unsweetened.

Chew slowly. Put good stuff on your plate. When the plate is empty, don't go for seconds.

It also depends on the amount you need to lose. It will go quicker in the beginning.

Whatever you do, your body will thank you!

Good luck!
Yacht-Master 268622 - the chick version
Speedy Mitsukoshi <3
Tag Heuer Aquaracer WAF141C.BA0824 - the chick version

Thank you logan5tx!!! Have to link it. Too long for the signature.
https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...0&postcount=14
SG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 03:25 AM   #13
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono

Doing some reading as we share ideas and noticed there’s a Navy Seal that says avoid bananas for weighloss.

Wat!!!
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 03:28 AM   #14
rmlovett1

Watch: YTBD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SearChart View Post
Just lose all refined sugar and start doing cardio 6 times a week, make sure you drink enough water and have a solid sleep routine.

Every excuse to not reach these simple goals is BS.
⬆️⬆️⬆️ This out of everything you have listed. Lower fat foods, higher protein, along with strength training added to the cardio. The cardio should be a mix of high intensity shorter sessions, as well as longer moderate pace sessions.
Good luck!
rmlovett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 03:30 AM   #15
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Okay.

Yes. Exercise. But weight loss happens in the kitchen. Exercise helps and burns calories. But you must watch what you eat. Calories in vs calories out is truth.

Cardio is important as it burns calories, but resistance training will do more good than cardio in the long run. Muscle burns calories. So even at rest, a person with more muscle is burning more calories. This is indisputable.

For food, I can make it relatively easy.

Stop the following:

Fried food
Cookies, cakes and deserts
White carbs such as white bread and pasta
Empty calorie such as beer, wine and liquor

Do eat:

Fiber
Protein
Balance of fat and carbs

You follow this and it will guarantee weight loss.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 03:30 AM   #16
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

eat less. Intermittent fasting works the best for me. Nothing crazy but i group my meals closer and have a longer time between eating.

I never workout to lose weight. I get to the weight i want and then work out. Working out burns a tiny amount of calories vs handling it on the intake area first.
Plus when i work out all the time i eat way more, so i may be toning but im not losing weight.

Ive never been heavy vs my height, but at 6'5 ive gotten from 210 to 190 over probably 4 months by eating less, nothing else. Starting to work out again soon... new years resolution obviously.

also ... Be a vegetarian
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 03:31 AM   #17
JasoninDenver
2024 Pledge Member

Add a couple weekly sessions of high intensity interval training (once you have safely established a base of fitness) and your metabolism will switch into high gear after a couple of weeks. You will find your body burns calories much faster.

Combine this with the advice above of dropping refined sugars and overly processed foods as much as possible and the weight will melt off.

116610 LN
DateJust
Pelagos FXD
JasoninDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 03:32 AM   #18
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post

Doing some reading as we share ideas and noticed there’s a Navy Seal that says avoid bananas for weighloss.

Wat!!!
I heard a speialist recently say cut out all fruit as it removes sugar.

I don’t subscribe to this thought process.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 03:39 AM   #19
CDNWatchNut
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
IMO strength training is a must for weight management, even more so than cardio(perhaps not so much actual weight loss, as reducing bodyfat) although it’s also important to maintain cardio fitness. Eat well, minimize sugars and reduce refined carbohydrates, and work towards a very gradual change over time, measured in years, not weeks and months.
CDNWatchNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 03:50 AM   #20
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
I had high blood sugar so, as my father was diabetic and it was on my cards, I cut out most carbs, and was having 30-50g a day of the recommended usual 300g. I inadvertently lost over two stone in a few months with no change in my pretty basic exercise regime. I now eat that amount maybe 5 days a week with a normal carb day twice a week, and I do a moderate amount of running and gym work. I haven't put the weight back on and am not even pre-diabetic any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
I heard a speialist recently say cut out all fruit as it removes sugar.

I don’t subscribe to this thought process.
The sugars in fruit and veg are part of the 30g allowed a day even for full on diabetics so these can be ignored as too extreme.
AK797 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 04:09 AM   #21
Thegr8one
"TRF" Member

Watch: 79090 & 79180
Intermittent fasting has worked wonders. It is truly a lifestyle and not a diet. And the beauty is, as long as you stay within your daily caloric allowance, you can really eat what you like.

Calculate your TDEE (google the formula), deduct 500 calories from your TDEE result and that will be your daily target calories.

Yes, we can start to get deep and discuss the proper macro ratios but at a high level, just ensure you do not exceed your daily calories within your eating window.

Choose an eating window that suits your lifestyle and that you’ll stick to. Mine is from 12pm - 7pm, yours might be different but as long as you stick with it, this will become routine.

Once you hit your target weight, stay with the intermittent fasting lifestyle, you’ll just have more flexibility with caloric intake.

I can’t recommend this method more as it’s the most sustainable approach I’ve ever found.

Good luck.
Thegr8one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 04:17 AM   #22
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Oh boy, you’re going to get tons of advice here ...

I’d echo some of the above in that healthy body weight begins with what you eat.

I’d keep it simple though ... and start with using moderation. Portion control is probably the single most important thing you can do.

Cutting out certain things in ones diet can work, but often, you just end up craving those things and end up consuming more in the end. The vicious cycle begins.

I’m a big believer in moderation and portion control in everything, and yes I believe one sweet treat a day is part of that
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 04:18 AM   #23
Fat_ninja
Banned

IF works... i dunno if its because u skip a meal. But it doesnt work when im bulking.
Old 2 January 2019, 04:25 AM   #24
The Libertine
Banned

Watch: 16710;14060;214270
For me, eating in moderation (stopping before I am full) and cutting down on carbohydrates made a difference. Also cutting back on alcoholic beverages to just a few days per week. Exercising plays a part on your metabolism so I make an effort to exercise at least 30 minutes per day.

You just need to keep perspective. If you over-indulge one day, just cut back a bit the next day. Stop eating when you feel content, and don’t feel obligated to clean your plate at each meal.

There are so many diets, suggestions and recommendations for you to follow, you just need to find out what works best for you.
The Libertine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 04:27 AM   #25
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Also only eat at restaurants where calorie counts are on the menu. Last time i was in Houston a friend and i went to the cheesecake factory for breakfast. Almost ordered the french toast...2700 calories. I left because i did want to eat again at some point that week.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
Old 2 January 2019, 04:30 AM   #26
NimbleNavigator
"TRF" Member

I would like to see peoples' weight loss advice followed by a current selfie of their body and how fit they are. Otherwise ........
NimbleNavigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 04:31 AM   #27
sickened1

Watch: ugiveiswatchuget
Eat less, watch what you eat and exercise more. That's what I've been doing anyway.
sickened1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 04:32 AM   #28
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimbleNavigator View Post
I would like to see peoples' weight loss advice followed by a current selfie of their body and how fit they are. Otherwise ........
i keep my tinder pics separate from my TRF pics
Old 2 January 2019, 04:37 AM   #29
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimbleNavigator View Post
Sure.

Here's a picture of me sippin' beer just after completing a 50km trail ultra marathon.

SearChart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2019, 04:40 AM   #30
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
eat less. Intermittent fasting works the best for me. Nothing crazy but i group my meals closer and have a longer time between eating.

I never workout to lose weight. I get to the weight i want and then work out. Working out burns a tiny amount of calories vs handling it on the intake area first.
Plus when i work out all the time i eat way more, so i may be toning but im not losing weight.

Ive never been heavy vs my height, but at 6'5 ive gotten from 210 to 190 over probably 4 months by eating less, nothing else. Starting to work out again soon... new years resolution obviously.

also ... Be a vegetarian
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
i keep my tinder pics separate from my TRF pics
I wish tinder was around when i was growing up!!!