The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Grand Seiko & Seiko Discussion Forum

Old 10 February 2019, 02:40 AM   #1
iwenger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smorgasbord
GS stock Philly area

Hi friends,

I've recently gotten into the Seiko game and have been toying with the idea of a GS as of late, especially with all the amazing incomings we've seen here recently. I stopped into my local Grand Seiko AD this morning just to see what pieces they had available and to try some on. Now, I don't know how difficult it is to come by these pieces in reality, but I thought I'd share at least some of their stock with you all in case there's something someone's been looking for!

They had the following in their case:
-SBGA387
-SBGW231
-SBGH267 (Peacock!)
-SBGA211
-SBGH263
-SBGJ219
-SBGM221 (my favorite...wow)
-SBGR261

They had others as well, but this is what caught my eye. This was at Govberg in Ardmore, PA. I've never done business with them before, as they haven't always been kind to me in the past, but the person I spoke with today (Victoria) was very nice and willing to negotiate on price - I was offered 20% off on the SBGM221.

Anyway, I hope this is helpful to someone. And thanks for all the great info on this sub-forum! And here's a gratuitous pic

-Isaac
Old 10 February 2019, 05:15 AM   #2
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Thanks for the post- love the 221, prob will be my next GS. 20% is a good deal IMO. I’ve been to all the Govberg locations and have had good experiences but never purchased anything new. Have bought a few pieces from their pre-owned division (Watchbox) and was pleased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2019, 06:07 AM   #3
the_natural
"TRF" Member

SBGM221 is such a killer piece. Looks great on you! (What size is your wrist, btw?)
the_natural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2019, 07:20 AM   #4
iwenger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smorgasbord
Definitely a good deal, and it certainly was tempting. I'm currently saving up for a Sub to come around the end of this year; if not for that, it would have been even more difficult to walk away without it.

Regarding my wrist, it comes in right around 6.5 inches and is fortunately pretty flat; however, the smaller 39.5mm size of the 221 was really nice for for me.
Old 10 February 2019, 10:49 PM   #5
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I like the 221. It would be tough to walk away from that discount. I might have to change my purchase thoughts to the 221 and the Black Bay 58 and still have enough to pick up a cool Seiko diver.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote