The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 24 June 2017, 08:56 AM   #1
Islatate
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5980/1R-001
Is SwissLuxury reputable?

Had an experience with SwissLuxury today that left alot to be desired.

Saw a used WG DD40 listed by SwissLuxury on chronos24 late last night with asking price of $22,950. An offer of 21k in my initital email was declined. I promptly followed up with an offer of $22k contingent upon receiving more photos of the watch to make sure it is free of major blemishes. The listing on chronos24 has only 2 photos, neither of which shows clearly the condition of the watch.

I waited all day to get additional photos. Nothing came. Finally at 6:30pm, I emailed to request photos a second time (because I have genuine interest in buying this piece) but the rep at SwissLuxury couldn't be bothered to let me know in his reply if he is able to email me additional pics of the watch. Not sure if SwisLuxury is having difficulty getting photos of the watch from its owner or they are offended by my offers of 21k and 22k but I would have expected a more professional response from them.

Am I getting this shabby treatment because SwisLuxury felt my offers of 21k and 22k are way too low?

Anyone else has had similar situation with SwissLuxury?
AP 25940ok
Rolex 116520
Islatate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2017, 02:44 PM   #2
R1P
"TRF" Member

Never dealt with them but, personally, I would not force the situation; I'd simply walk away.
R1P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2017, 02:01 AM   #3
KDS777
Banned

Watch: 16618LB
No reputable sales business turns away any offer........they counter, regardless of where you started.

As that did not happen, I'd say they (or the individual charged with e-mail replies) are clueless about how to work a sales transaction from start to finish.

Kind of like many AD's I frequent. I am an immediate buyer if something strikes my fancy, yet the basic closing skills you learn in retail sales seem lost on most retail staff nowadays. I imagine an e-commerce site could easily have similar issues.
KDS777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2017, 10:55 PM   #4
Annan
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116233
I've not bought anything from them but did have a very bad experience with a clueless sales rep via email exchanges. That experience was enough to make me never want to do business in the future.
Old 27 June 2017, 04:13 AM   #5
datejustrms
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
I recently purchased an Explorer II from the owner of Swissluxury.com; Darryl. I could not have been happier with the great service he provided.
datejustrms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2017, 05:24 AM   #6
cda555
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIc and PO
There are plenty of other good sellers around here than would be more than happy to have you as a customer.
cda555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2017, 01:46 AM   #7
ragna93
Banned

Hey,

Trying to do business with Darryl - do you recommend him? I am just wary due to lack of feedback here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by datejustrms View Post
I recently purchased an Explorer II from the owner of Swissluxury.com; Darryl. I could not have been happier with the great service he provided.
ragna93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2017, 03:50 AM   #8
datejustrms
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Yes, Darryl is great! I would highly recommend him. I purchased a Polar Explorer II from him. The price was great and the whole process was very smooth. I would buy with confidence.
datejustrms is offline   Reply With Quote