The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 26 September 2017, 10:26 AM   #1
Jazz
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub Date 116610LN
Poor Regulation After RSC (London) Service

Hello all!

I had my 116610LN serviced by RSC (London), a little while ago.

Since then, it has had to be sent back 4 times, due to poor regulation. I've attached a screenshot, showing the latest figures.

Ultimately, I am sending it back, yet again, and RSC will regulate it appropriately 5 seconds slower, in order to hit the - 2/+2 regulation.

Has anybody else had issues similar to mine? Is it that difficult to get the regulation correct?
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_20170926-010635-720x1280-600x1067.png (136.0 KB, 478 views)

Rolex OP 116300 Datejust II - Random
Rolex OP 116610LN Sub C - V series
Rolex OP 116200 SS DateJust Z series - lost/stolen
Rolex OP 16613 TT 'Bluesy' M series
Rolex OP 16600 SS Sea-Dweller M series
Rolex OP 116523 TT Cosmograph Daytona Z series
Rolex OP 16610 SS Submariner Date Z series - lost/stolen
Santos de Cartier TT 2004 silver dial (Limited Edition)
Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2017, 12:33 PM   #2
Seanken
Banned

All i can say is that I would do as you have done. Keep sending it back until you get the touted accuracy. I check mine once a week or so for accuracy and I couldn't stand more than three seconds plus minus. I think that's reasonable. I'm giving them an additional 50% room for error in both directions, quite generous I think. So far with my subc and new model Explorer I, I am right on their claims/guarantee.

Last edited by Seanken; 26 September 2017 at 12:35 PM.. Reason: Add
Seanken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2017, 12:45 AM   #3
uansari1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Polar 16570
I don't understand why this is such an issue for some shops...especially the RSC.

My watchmaker (Rolex and Swatch Group certified of course), regulates my watches within 20 minutes.
Explorer 124270
Omega Seamaster GMT 50th Anniversary
uansari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2017, 01:29 AM   #4
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
Hello all!

I had my 116610LN serviced by RSC (London), a little while ago.

Since then, it has had to be sent back 4 times, due to poor regulation. I've attached a screenshot, showing the latest figures.

Ultimately, I am sending it back, yet again, and RSC will regulate it appropriately 5 seconds slower, in order to hit the - 2/+2 regulation.

Has anybody else had issues similar to mine? Is it that difficult to get the regulation correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanken View Post
All i can say is that I would do as you have done. Keep sending it back until you get the touted accuracy. I check mine once a week or so for accuracy and I couldn't stand more than three seconds plus minus. I think that's reasonable. I'm giving them an additional 50% room for error in both directions, quite generous I think. So far with my subc and new model Explorer I, I am right on their claims/guarantee.
The bare uncased movements are still tested at the COSC to a AVERAGE of -4+6 seconds to get the chronometer certification.When movements are shipped back to Rolex passed or failed,then stored till matched to its case.Rolex then regulates on a machine which they must do many at a time by automation or have hundreds of regulators with the amount of watches Rolex sells each year.Yes they are tested to a precision after caseing to this new spec -2+2, but they do not state it a guarantee it will perform every day the same for life on the wrist. On the wrist there are just too many variables to 100% guarantee any movement will perform to -2+2 every single day for life, but expect it was tested to this precision on the machine.On the wrist things like the movement is constantly affected by the earth's gravity, metal expansion and contraction,mainspring-power reserve, temperature variations, subtle changes in lubrication and friction,daily shocks on the wrist,plus the owners wearing habits and so on.And while all these phone applications are not as accurate as electronic quartz timing machines, they do provide a general idea whether a watch or clock is running fast or slow. But not 100% accurate as they are only as good as what the microphone produces on the phone.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2017, 01:34 AM   #5
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by uansari1 View Post
I don't understand why this is such an issue for some shops...especially the RSC.

My watchmaker (Rolex and Swatch Group certified of course), regulates my watches within 20 minutes.
Even I can do that.
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2017, 03:51 AM   #6
seanw
"TRF" Member

Rolex RSC took three tries to regulate my new Explorer to within its stated specification, but it got there in the end.

The +2/-2 sec/day precision is a de facto guarantee on a watch within warranty, otherwise Rolex wouldn't bother to regulate to this criterion. Rolex states a range, not a single figure, as that's what it's confident it can achieve.
seanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2017, 06:39 AM   #7
CaveDweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: Timex
16030 – 3035 - +2 seconds a day from new , though four services over 30 years – still there @ +2 seconds a day (regular as clockwork)

Now, I’m not being funny, but yours looks all over the place – if anything, I’d expect the results to be reversed as it settled in (and they do “settle in” during the first week)

I got mine back from an independent service recently and it ran for the first two days for 48 hours on my wrist – it’s been going for three weeks now, no winding, on the wrist @ +2 seconds a day – “settled in”

If I were in your shoes, I’d send it back, explaining the issue (again) – and ask them to hold on to it until they can confirm it’s not going to “slip” …..
CaveDweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2017, 07:24 AM   #8
The Libertine
Banned

Watch: 16710;14060;214270
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaveDweller View Post

Now, I’m not being funny, but yours looks all over the place – if anything, I’d expect the results to be reversed as it settled in (and they do “settle in” during the first week)..
My observation as well. Consistency is as important as accuracy.
The Libertine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2017, 07:43 AM   #9
offrdmania
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Missing some information OP. Your scope reading only shows +/- seconds per day, what about the amplitude and beat error? If the amplitude and beat error are within the proper parameter then it may just be that your watch is magnetized. When I see minutes off by a large margin, I immediately think magnetized.
Old 27 September 2017, 08:04 AM   #10
MJK737
"TRF" Member

Watch: This, Hold my Beer
My local AD also regulated my 14060M in about 20min. It's been running about minus .5sec a day no matter what I do. Pretty amazing when you think about it.

MJK
MJK737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2017, 08:13 AM   #11
PJ S
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by offrdmania View Post
Missing some information OP. Your scope reading only shows +/- minutes per day, what about the amplitude and beat error? If the amplitude and beat error are within the proper parameter then it may just be that your watch is magnetized. When I see minutes off by a large margin, I immediately think magnetized.
It’s not minutes, it’s seconds.
Just needs properly regulated and all will be good again.
Concerns about amplitude and beat rate error would be fair if discussing whether to service the movement or not, but since it’s not long back from being serviced, then these are not what ails this particular movement.
PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2017, 08:36 AM   #12
offrdmania
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
It’s not minutes, it’s seconds.

Just needs properly regulated and all will be good again.

Concerns about amplitude and beat rate error would be fair if discussing whether to service the movement or not, but since it’s not long back from being serviced, then these are not what ails this particular movement.

Fixed, honest mistake
Old 27 September 2017, 08:54 AM   #13
PJ S
Banned

^
Okay, but then magnetisation wouldn’t even be a consideration at a fairly consistent +6 s/d (average).
PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2017, 10:41 AM   #14
Jazz
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub Date 116610LN
Thank you all ever so much for your input and replies.

I'll be agreeing with RSC in regulating my wristwatch approximately 5-6 seconds per day, slower. They will then monitor it for a week or so and go from there!

Rolex OP 116300 Datejust II - Random
Rolex OP 116610LN Sub C - V series
Rolex OP 116200 SS DateJust Z series - lost/stolen
Rolex OP 16613 TT 'Bluesy' M series
Rolex OP 16600 SS Sea-Dweller M series
Rolex OP 116523 TT Cosmograph Daytona Z series
Rolex OP 16610 SS Submariner Date Z series - lost/stolen
Santos de Cartier TT 2004 silver dial (Limited Edition)
Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote