The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 24 August 2021, 10:01 PM   #1
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Warranty card

When do you think Patek will changed the way they do there warranty to more an 21st century card like system like AP where details can be updated as and when you buy and sell the watch and where personal details are not left on the certification.
Mini2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2021, 10:10 PM   #2
ts3
"TRF" Member

I am happy getting a Certificate of Origin on paper no matter if I buy new in my name or preowned. No need for change from my perspective.
ts3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2021, 11:20 PM   #3
HMHM
"TRF" Member

I wish Patek will never change the way it issues the certificate of origin. Buying a Patek should be a personal occasion. Having the owner's name on the paper establishes the connection between watch and the buyer. I hate that Rolex decided to stop having the purchaser's name on the warranty card.
HMHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2021, 11:28 PM   #4
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMHM View Post
I wish Patek will never change the way it issues the certificate of origin. Buying a Patek should be a personal occasion. Having the owner's name on the paper establishes the connection between watch and the buyer. I hate that Rolex decided to stop having the purchaser's name on the warranty card.
Maybe why not do both, Original owner has the name on the certificate but have a online portal where when it changes hands you can update details
Old 24 August 2021, 11:33 PM   #5
HMHM
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini2 View Post
Maybe why not do both, Original owner has the name on the certificate but have a online portal where when it changes hands you can update details
then the second owner will still be deprive of the original certificate of origin? It'a frustrating dilemma regarding this because I understand that some watches are impossible to get and may need to turn towards the grey market for one, but when someone is spending so much money for a watch, authenticity and personalisation are two important aspects.
HMHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2021, 11:58 PM   #6
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMHM View Post
then the second owner will still be deprive of the original certificate of origin? It'a frustrating dilemma regarding this because I understand that some watches are impossible to get and may need to turn towards the grey market for one, but when someone is spending so much money for a watch, authenticity and personalisation are two important aspects.
The second owner has always been deprived of the original certificate they are the second. I am just talking abut an online database which allows new owners to update details on older watches somewhat like AP
Old 25 August 2021, 12:06 AM   #7
ts3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini2 View Post
The second owner has always been deprived of the original certificate they are the second. I am just talking abut an online database which allows new owners to update details on older watches somewhat like AP
Any new owner can register any preowned Patek with Patek online just like you can register a Patek new from the AD. If it is their first Patek they become eligible to receiving the magazine going forward etc.
ts3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2021, 12:15 AM   #8
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

It's paper, be sure to have the original and NOT an extract as that greatly lowers the value of you timepiece. And yes, PP gives only a short two-year warranty.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2021, 12:17 AM   #9
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts3 View Post
Any new owner can register any preowned Patek with Patek online just like you can register a Patek new from the AD. If it is their first Patek they become eligible to receiving the magazine going forward etc.
I didn't know that
Old 25 August 2021, 01:36 AM   #10
2nastie
"TRF" Member

Watch: Time Only
Something about Patek and the paper Certificate is perfect. I hope they don't change. Perhaps add an additional electronic card, but I'm perfectly fine with the way it is right now.

One thing I do say, they should sent their sales to penmanship class, some of them have god awful handwriting.
2nastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2021, 04:25 AM   #11
Flex368
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nastie View Post
One thing I do say, they should sent their sales to penmanship class, some of them have god awful handwriting.
My AD uses a typewriter for the certificates.
Flex368 is offline   Reply With Quote