The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31 October 2019, 04:07 PM   #1
pjjames916
"TRF" Member

SCAMMED for 116500LN In Marketplace - WATCH OUT for Jizzle01

Hey guys, I am wanting to post this to try and save someone from being scammed as I have just been. On Friday the 25th I reached out to a user here (Jizzie001) who had a 116500LN white dial for sale. I have personally bought and sold several watches here on the forums without any issue at all. I have met and dealt with some really cool people who I still talk to today...I’ve learned to trust this marketplace. We spoke Saturday regarding the watch via text and on the phone, negotiated a price that was not at all too good to be true but still a fair deal for both sides. We agreed I would wire the amount Monday morning. Around 4pm Monday he said the funds arrived but were pending and therefore he would ship Tuesday. Tuesday I was told he had something come up at work but definitely would have shipping confirmation Wednesday during lunch time. I provided my own shipping label so I could follow the tracking and of course never got any update from the seller and/or status change on Fedex tracking side. Following this I sent a series of concerned texts with no response. Before purchasing I had obviously checked out the sellers previous posts and offers for sale. There was even a random spot check done by this site on him where he had to post the actual watch with time and paper with his username and date on it...this checked out. I didn’t think to do much additional digging until I had the feeling earlier today that I was being scammed. Sure enough after google searching the phone number without including dashes between the digits (this was the only way anything came up) another user whom I’ve now connected with on WatchUsSeek and who has also posted his story here as well (which I’ll link below) shared his story of being scammed by the same guy for a no date Submariner. My stomach obviously sank and I literally just screamed out loud in anger.

I have been scammed in the past for large sums of money and so I know all the warning signs and all of the things to look for. This guy is good...really good. He is a pledge member here and has built a fairly legitimate post history to go along with his sales he’s offering which he is actively updating to show they’re completed sales with happy customers. I’m not looking for responses regarding should have known better...I’ll leave that to my wife : ) Obviously I can contact the banks, the FBI, local law enforcement, etc...but I know the drill. It’s a “civil” case to them. I willingly sent him money...it’s on me. They’ll document it, it’ll go in a file and maybe if there are enough complaints they’ll bring it to a US Attorney to try and build a case. I think the wire fraud aspect would be hard to prove but there is probably some significant money laundering going on to clean the money from one account to another. Maybe not...but this is a pretty sophisticated fraud this guy and what is most likely a team is pulling.

Everyone please be careful! Whether you have over $20k to lose or not (which I don’t) then it’s a horrible feeling. And not that it is anyone’s fault but mine, but possibility The Rolex Forums could do a better job of vetting its sellers and put stricter rules in place with a possible escrow option or something. Additionally there is a third buyer which I know has been scammed and he is too ashamed to come forward. Had he posted here with details on the scammer, I and possibly others out there could have avoided such a terrible mistake. And ultimately that’s what it is, a terrible mistake on my end of trying to get my hands on something that is essentially unobtainable except on the secondary market. Any advice is appreciated but I just hope this doesn’t happen again and we can get this guy off this platform!

User name: Jizzie001
Sale post: https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=701793
Sellers phone number: (619) 678-0537, +1 (619) 678-0537, 619-678-0537, 6196780537
Sellers email: watchpe84@gmail.com
Sellers banking info incase the phone number changes but banking is the same:

Bank name: Wells Fargo
Account Name: Your Resources Program's Incorporated
Routing Number:121042882
Acct number : 2645030038
Bank address: Wells Fargo Bank 902 Main St
Martinez CA 94553
Swift code: WFBIUS6S

Other victims thread: https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=700260
pjjames916 is offline   Reply With Quote