The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 25 August 2020, 05:42 AM   #1
Bro Watch
"TRF" Member

Watch Rapport, trustworthy?

I am considering purchasing a Rolex from Watch Rapport. Has anybody out there ever used them to purchase a watch? If so do you mind sharing your experience? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Bro Watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2020, 05:46 AM   #2
KBM
2024 Pledge Member

Hi! There is a watch out section on the forums, where you can search for this type of feedback. Good luck!
KBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2020, 06:12 AM   #3
Bro Watch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauebm View Post
Hi! There is a watch out section on the forums, where you can search for this type of feedback. Good luck!
Thanks!

Old 26 August 2020, 02:57 AM   #4
Sinanamus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauebm View Post
Can I search on Tapatalk app? I want to also know if watch rapport has good or bad feedback from the community.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Sinanamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2020, 04:24 AM   #5
KBM
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinanamus View Post
Can I search on Tapatalk app? I want to also know if watch rapport has good or bad feedback from the community.

Yes, you can use the search function on Tapatalk as well.
KBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2020, 06:12 AM   #6
Bro Watch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinanamus View Post

If you find something on this app can you let me know? I'm having a hard time finding anything about this company. Thanks!

Old 15 September 2020, 04:01 PM   #7
Adambee
"TRF" Member

Did you try watch rapport? If so, how did it work out. They seem to have good google reviews.
Adambee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2020, 06:06 PM   #8
quine
"TRF" Member

Buy at your own risk. There are many listings that are clearly fake.

If you're looking at them because they have something for 2k+ less than the rest of the market (e.g., this forum, eBay, chrono24, etc.), you should be highly skeptical.
quine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2020, 11:01 PM   #9
Bro Watch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adambee View Post
Did you try watch rapport? If so, how did it work out. They seem to have good google reviews.
No, I never went through with the transaction. Just didn't feel right about it. The watch was a lot cheaper then the market price (around $5k) and I did not want to take the risk.

Old 10 March 2021, 12:22 PM   #10
AtlasRearden
"TRF" Member

When I Google'd "Watch Rapport," this thread was the fourth result. It's funny how just about every other time I try to use the largest search engine in the world to find information, it sends me to a forum where I get told (albeit indirectly), "Pfftt, learn how to search!"

For what it's worth, the website seems shady. It seems a lot of folks were attracted to lower than market prices. I happened to find something that is somewhat rare and haven't been able to find elsewhere, even though the pricing wasn't too suspicious.
AtlasRearden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2021, 08:33 AM   #11
deezee
Banned

So did you end up buying the watch you found there? I really would like to purchase from them but am very hesitant about the wire only option. They do not take cc. So what security do you have? Is there any recourse on getting your money back if its a fake or you never get your watch?
deezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2021, 01:49 AM   #12
thedips
"TRF" Member

Watch: el presidente
Just wanted to add another warning. They were using my pics for a sale which I also inquired about and then it was removed. Very suspicious. And if you send wire kiss the money goodbye. Banks will have warning message that wires are non refundable - irreversible

YG - DAYDATE-PRESIDENT
TT - DATEJUST-JUBILEE
SS - DATEJUST-JUBILEE
thedips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2021, 02:16 AM   #13
Dansim2000
"TRF" Member

Watch Rapport Feedback

I posted my Rolex for sale on Chrono24, and suspiciously Watch Rapport used my photo a couple of weeks later at a lower price! Despite their reviews being mostly 5 star, this type of behavior makes me very suspicious and I will avoid using them.
Dansim2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2021, 05:38 AM   #14
Steve F.
"TRF" Member

I just completed a fairly complex transaction with Watch Rapport. Went very well. I now believe they are legit.
Steve F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2021, 11:03 PM   #15
RoscoPico
"TRF" Member

Watch: ingMe,WatchingYou.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
I just completed a fairly complex transaction with Watch Rapport. Went very well. I now believe they are legit.
how about some details ?
RoscoPico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2021, 09:03 AM   #16
NachoNeal
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the river flow
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoscoPico View Post
how about some details ?
Doubtful they'll ever come.
Old 27 August 2021, 04:31 AM   #17
Classique Breguet
"TRF" Member

So it is still quite clear they are NOT legit?
Classique Breguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2021, 05:16 AM   #18
Mxbrown
"TRF" Member

I bought a used Hulk from them that came from Japan(no box or papers). The watch came after 2 failed previous purchases (one watch failed their inspection, another was not delivered by the owner) and very slow and intermittent email replies. It took several weeks but it came. There was visible damage to the side, the crown and a mis-match link. I complained and replaced the links myself then sent it to Rolex Beverly Hills for service. WR said some wear was expected and, after some haggling, they willfully sent me two links for free.
Rolex serviced the watch, replaced the crown and polished the Hulk wo issue ($820). So, after a long wait, poor communication and some minor issues I got a great watch at a better price.
Mxbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2021, 09:11 AM   #19
H2ODAD
"TRF" Member

Alright guys, I just did a pre-order on their website. Its a credit card transaction, so I'm protected there. I also saw they do financing through Affirm, so I called them and asked if they vet their merchants before I made the order. They said they do and they would never give loans to a company that wasn't legit. These guys presence is getting very strong in the online watch world. I'm curious if they will be able to get a watch my local AD cant seem to get in. I'm pretty sure they basically do what Jomashop does. They take stock of ADs who cant move it quick enough to keep their status as an AD. In this case, they are marking up the MSRP (which ADs are not supposed to do) and probably giving a small portion to them. This would encourage the AD to sell to them even before the public.

Ill keep you all posted on how it goes.
H2ODAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2021, 06:51 AM   #20
Sduong
"TRF" Member

I purchased a watch from them last month and was told it would be shipped mid-Dec.

Red flag #1: Last week I got an email confirming that someone had changed my shipping address from CA to NY without verifying that it was me requesting the change, so I canceled the order immediately and they refunded me the money back to my CC today. I can’t trust a company that allows people to change the shipping address without some type of check. Luckily they confirmed via email or I would have never known.

Red flag #2: They have a tracking website that you can type in any order number and see a map of the shipping address and the items that each customer ordered. Since the order numbers are 4 digits and in sequential order, it’s terrible for privacy reasons since you can just type in the next few orders and see where very expensive watches will be delivered.

I don’t know if I would call them a scam since I got my money back but definitely a place I will avoid.
Sduong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2021, 09:41 PM   #21
Helseth
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I always find it odd that whenever someone asks about an unknown seller on these forums these 0 post accounts pop up to big up the seller, usually with little to no detail.

Account has been here since november 2020, there was literally nothing to comment on other than that you just completed a complex transaction with Watch Rappor for this entire year.

Not saying that it's not legit, just that I don't understand how the thought process works, and that it seems to happen literally every single time a suspicious seller pops up and it's always either newly created accounts or accounts with 0 posts.
Helseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2021, 05:06 AM   #22
liberalclown
"TRF" Member

The deals are significantly below market, there is no way they are legit. I am not going to put the link here to advertise them but retail for yellow OP41, yeah right, they are not even an authorized dealer to be able to sell at msrp to begin with. They have certificates banner on their website but I wouldn’t trust it as they be very well just pictures, unless you can verify them via bbb.
liberalclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2022, 09:41 AM   #23
By Design
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Sea Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberalclown View Post
The deals are significantly below market, there is no way they are legit. I am not going to put the link here to advertise them but retail for yellow OP41, yeah right, they are not even an authorized dealer to be able to sell at msrp to begin with. They have certificates banner on their website but I wouldn’t trust it as they be very well just pictures, unless you can verify them via bbb.
Sorry to resurrect an old thread. Have to add my two cents. This site ripped my copyrighted photos from my site and is listing my, quite rare, watches on their site (for less, of course) as if they have them in stock.
By Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2022, 04:14 AM   #24
Mackonomics
"TRF" Member

Is this legit?

watchrapport .com/products/rolex-original-116610lv-dial-hulk-submariner?currency=USD&variant=41519293759687
Mackonomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2022, 04:48 AM   #25
Mackonomics
"TRF" Member

Update. I talked to watch rapport and they claimed to be a middleman service like chrono24.. BUT they don’t allow you to reach out to the seller. They also refuse to talk to the seller if you have questions about the product.. which makes it questionable.. they don’t say “go forward” with any inquiry until you pay for the product.
Mackonomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2022, 10:37 AM   #26
moabbott
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolx 5513, PP 2526
Adding on to all of the other comments here: they are very much NOT legit.

We list quite a few watches on our website, they re-publish all of them. Even unique pieces that are one of one (like an olympic worn Richard Mille prototype). They have never reached out to us to answer questions from a customer or said "Hey, we have a buyer for your watch."

They are 100% b.s.

Would love to know how to shut them down.
Old 22 February 2022, 12:47 PM   #27
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Watch: and wait
One post

Quote:
Solid.
Moondoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2022, 11:35 PM   #28
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
They just came up on google when I searched for a 6263. A lot. So I googled them and it brought me here. Despite a "one and done" endorsement (lol), I would never consider doing business with them based on what I've read here. Not that I'm even in the market for a watch, but it was an interesting exercise. I can't imagine a legit reason that a site would steal someone's personal watch pictures. Thank you.
Old 27 April 2022, 05:41 AM   #29
Cauhauna
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500
update:

they are now offering a "pre order any Rolex at MSRP" program.

Of note: Delivery within 180 Days
Amex chargeback cutoff is 120 days

I wonder if there is any correlation there
Old 4 May 2022, 04:46 AM   #30
Sunstreaker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cauhauna View Post
update:

they are now offering a "pre order any Rolex at MSRP" program.

Of note: Delivery within 180 Days
Amex chargeback cutoff is 120 days

I wonder if there is any correlation there
I saw that too - it’s crazy that they offering that. I’d love to hear if anyone had the nuts to go through with it. Couldn’t possibly be real?
Hell, we can pre order a Daytona and get it in 180 days?! Sold!
Sunstreaker is offline   Reply With Quote