The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 30 March 2023, 01:23 AM   #31
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathematoxic View Post
Not wise for end users to buy now. Now is the time for dealers to pump the price. If dealers think this watch has good investment value, why would they sell now? They are just clearing their stocks that they bought at all time high. Now is the chance for them to minimize their losses and move the stock.
Correct
Old 30 March 2023, 01:25 AM   #32
Yadi_Collector
"TRF" Member

My wife has one of these and wears it sporadically.
It is a very special piece that always gets noticed.

Don't really watch the market price as it's not going anywhere and my kids have already discussed it's legacy.
Yadi_Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 08:08 AM   #33
Swiftneck
"TRF" Member

It will properly go up in the next month or two, but for most people it's a very hard watch to wear, even though extremely beautiful. And was actually not especially popular before JM talked about it. There have been made more gold watches than ever over the last few years bull market, many bought them for investment only, and will properly have to unload them at some point. I would wait if you can't find a good deal.

Sendt fra min SM-F711B med Tapatalk
Swiftneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 08:16 AM   #34
mrlube1151001
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ 41 TT sub
Wait for a few months . When the hype comes down prices will be more realstic
mrlube1151001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 02:02 PM   #35
Kliminator
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric-London View Post
Who knows. The tiffany OP is still trading at almost 4x the original retail price.
Sure they were much higher immediately after discontinuation but £20k is still a crazy number for a basic £5k three hander.

This is just not a $20k+ watch.. you could argue that some of the premiums for other highly sought our models are more 'worth it' vs the Tiffany OP but .... All in the eye of the beholder I suppose
Kliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 04:41 PM   #36
Londonrolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Not wise for end users to buy now. Now is the time for dealers to pump the price. If dealers think this watch has good investment value, why would they sell now? They are just clearing their stocks that they bought at all time high. Now is the chance for them to minimize their losses and move the stock.
Much of what you said is correct, however the point about investment value and sell right now; a dealers utopian business model is to buy on Monday and sell on Tuesday for the desired mark up, replenish his cash flow and repeat. The dealers most certainly want to take advantage of the discontinuation by increasing asking prices, but to assume a dealer might decide to hold a watch because it may have investment value is a bad point. That would make him a Watch investor, he’s not one, he’s a watch dealer who needs to eat with his cash flow, not sit and hold. Activity is his friend, not waiting on the side lines. No connection between investment potential and the dealer communities willingness to sell. If there was, no one would ever be able to buy any decent watches, if there was I wouldn’t have bought a 116508GREENDIAL for £34k in 2020, the dealer actually said to me, that will be a 100k watch some day, enjoy!
Londonrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 06:03 PM   #37
rolexgs
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonrolex View Post
Much of what you said is correct, however the point about investment value and sell right now; a dealers utopian business model is to buy on Monday and sell on Tuesday for the desired mark up, replenish his cash flow and repeat. The dealers most certainly want to take advantage of the discontinuation by increasing asking prices, but to assume a dealer might decide to hold a watch because it may have investment value is a bad point. That would make him a Watch investor, he’s not one, he’s a watch dealer who needs to eat with his cash flow, not sit and hold. Activity is his friend, not waiting on the side lines. No connection between investment potential and the dealer communities willingness to sell. If there was, no one would ever be able to buy any decent watches, if there was I wouldn’t have bought a 116508GREENDIAL for £34k in 2020, the dealer actually said to me, that will be a 100k watch some day, enjoy!
100k watch? lol! no one would buy a JM at this price, may be those grey dealers would.
rolexgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 06:43 PM   #38
grimps
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I bought mine the year before with the tax off for 23k , a few months later I saw another in Amsterdam airport also minus the tax.
If someone wants to offer me 100k for mine I'd sell it and buy a new gold Daytona for less than half the price
grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 06:45 PM   #39
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diver2012 View Post
8,000,000,000 people in the world though...

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 06:51 PM   #40
Londonrolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexgs View Post
100k watch? lol! no one would buy a JM at this price, may be those grey dealers would.
Massively missed the point of my post… however, I personally know two people that bought the watch at 100k. In a place like central London, 100k for an inflated gold Rolex is not a big deal. People with almost limitless abilities to spend want the watch; do you think looking for value is really going to stand in the way of ego. A guy I know, funds his wife spending of 100k a week in designer stores and jewellery shops, he decides to buy a 116508 green dial, he don’t care about value.
Londonrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 09:16 PM   #41
Mathematoxic
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hi there yes I agree that you are right. Thought about this point after I posted. So yes dealers will offload now to get cash flow. But I still maintain the view that buyers are today’s price will lose a lot of money in the months to come.
Cheers!
Mathematoxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 09:23 PM   #42
Manamana
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hi there yes I agree that you are right. Thought about this point after I posted. So yes dealers will offload now to get cash flow. But I still maintain the view that buyers are today’s price will lose a lot of money in the months to come.
Cheers!
Agree Tens of thousands were made from this model in 7 years, not rare for it to be a $100K watch, plus green dial will most probably come back again on new Daytona. The green is the colour of Rolex it must be available on the most iconic model of Rolex currently.
Manamana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 10:39 PM   #43
Rico_Brasole
Banned

Quote:
Massively missed the point of my post… however, I personally know two people that bought the watch at 100k. In a place like central London, 100k for an inflated gold Rolex is not a big deal. People with almost limitless abilities to spend want the watch; do you think looking for value is really going to stand in the way of ego. A guy I know, funds his wife spending of 100k a week in designer stores and jewellery shops, he decides to buy a 116508 green dial, he don’t care about value.

Tell him I know a Nigerian princess. I’ll send the routing and account numbers …he won’t miss the 100k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rico_Brasole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 10:41 PM   #44
nachopc
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex Only
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manamana View Post
Agree Tens of thousands were made from this model in 7 years, not rare for it to be a $100K watch, plus green dial will most probably come back again on new Daytona. The green is the colour of Rolex it must be available on the most iconic model of Rolex currently.

So…. How many thousands of the 116500? Still 30k. Last time Rolex put green on a Daytona dial was in the Daytona Beach series…. I don’t foreseen a green Daytona soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
nachopc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 11:37 PM   #45
skyseadweller
"TRF" Member

I and how many people are holding on to them , i got mine and am not planning to bring it to the secondary market , enjoying the watch too much
skyseadweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 12:59 AM   #46
Hardtimes
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 118238
My crystal ball says they will climb up to 125K ish, but settle at around $100K for the foreseeable future. If you got one last week for $70K consider yourself lucky.
Hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 11:43 AM   #47
arcampado
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
My understanding from talking to multiple dealers is that a pre-owned example of this watch is currently settling in at $85-$90K post discontinuation. My personal opinion is that this is the new norm price point for this reference.
arcampado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 02:47 PM   #48
rolex_pl85
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardtimes View Post
My crystal ball says they will climb up to 125K ish, but settle at around $100K for the foreseeable future. If you got one last week for $70K consider yourself lucky.
Hardly any of them are selling at $100k.

In fact if you looks on MODA and other trading groups they are currently selling for low $90s.

The hype game is dead. Too many ppl got burnt and too many ppl are still down over $50k from the peak prices they paid for this piece.

Dont invest in mass produced Rolex especially for a dial and model that had a long long production run.
rolex_pl85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 03:44 PM   #49
Mathematoxic
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardtimes View Post
I’m guessing they will settle at the 75k range in months to come.
Old 31 March 2023, 05:32 PM   #50
rolexgs
Banned

Quote:
this is lower than the price right before discontinuation!
Old 31 March 2023, 05:57 PM   #51
Mathematoxic
"TRF" Member

Quote:
this is lower than the price right before discontinuation!
I’ve seen some sold at 67k to 72k before W&W
Old 31 March 2023, 06:09 PM   #52
DK7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
same, would be really suprised if the JM is higher than 70k end of year.
DK7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 06:13 PM   #53
rolexgs
Banned

Quote:
I’ve seen some sold at 67k to 72k before W&W
normally I would ignore the lowest and highest offers when observing the grey market price.
Old 31 March 2023, 06:25 PM   #54
TBC123
"TRF" Member

On a linked theme of discontinued watches what’s the view on the discontinued OP41’s. Do folks think the yellow and coral have broadly now found their level or potentially further to fall based on prior discontinuations?
TBC123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 06:30 PM   #55
Manamana
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachopc View Post
So…. How many thousands of the 116500? Still 30k. Last time Rolex put green on a Daytona dial was in the Daytona Beach series…. I don’t foreseen a green Daytona soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Some say Rolex produces more gold Daytonas than steel Daytonas because of higher margin and to imitate Patek in keeping Steel iconic models in less supply, nothing confirmed though. 30K is for SS white Panda Daytona not the SS black Daytona, and prices may go down further.

Regarding green dial coming back, it may happen we never know because times have changed drastically. We are in different times, and different marketing, and production philosophy for Rolex. Look at this years models. Green dials are money printers for Rolex.
Manamana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2023, 02:31 AM   #56
Leedslad84
Banned

I tried it on for the first time yesterday. Wow.

Leedslad84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2023, 11:11 AM   #57
Oyster Al
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedslad84 View Post
I tried it on for the first time yesterday. Wow.

Oyster Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2023, 12:35 AM   #58
Equity
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diver2012 View Post
8,000,000,000 people in the world though...

With 1/10th of 1% of that 8B that can even fathom the purchase of a submariner at $10k.

So what’s the math on a JM?. 1/100th?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Equity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2023, 01:33 AM   #59
showpro
"TRF" Member

Watch: Whatever I have on
Sorry, wrong thread. Can't find the delete button, does it exist in this forum?
showpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2023, 01:40 AM   #60
JoeJoeBobo
Banned

Quote:
Especially those w/o a $100k.

Beautiful watch and still hoping mine is in pipeline.
JoeJoeBobo is offline   Reply With Quote