The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 30 March 2023, 03:56 PM   #31
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

There is no list, but I’m hopeful for you. I’d take the reach out from your AD as a good sign. I’d play it up by stopping by to discuss bracelets and advantages of each, but you’d love either if offered.

If you have a special event coming up, doesn’t hurt to mention it in a positive way. Doesn’t help to be sarcastic like, “I’d like to celebrate my 40th birthday, but at this rate, maybe my 50th.” Don’t go there even though it sucks waiting so long.

I first put my name down for a Daytona 116520 at an AD in 2009 to celebrate my 50th birthday in 2013 hoping for a 4 year miracle. Didn’t happen, but after reengaging early in 2022 and unknowingly speaking to the store director, they committed to trying to help me in time for my 60th in 2023.

Result? In November 2022, I received a voicemail to pop in to visit them. That involved a flight, but I felt it was happening, so I bought a round trip ticket, up in morning, back same night.

Got to AD at my appointed time to be met by the store asst director, who asked me to find a cozy spot, she had something to show me.

Yes, it was a long time, but this wasn’t my only or even main AD. Patience pays off if you stay positive and engaged, knowing there are only so many and the AD can’t satisfy everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 11:46 PM   #32
Goatrope
"TRF" Member

Watch: 216570 Explorer II
Quote:
Originally Posted by DD58 View Post
There just toying with you. I waited 4 years for an explorer 2 either dial and stoped in ever few months to purchase different watches. All told I spend close to 40k and still no explorer. I ended up going gray and when I went back in to see my sa not realizing I was wearing it, he look and said why didn’t you just say you wanted it that bad and pulled one from the safe.

That’s a pretty extreme example, and makes me wonder what that AD would have qualified for “wanting it that bad” if not years of follow up and a $40K spend.

I’m glad I gave up after six months. I’m too old to wait 5 years for a watch.
Goatrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 11:50 PM   #33
braaad17
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500; 116610LV
Quote:
There just toying with you. I waited 4 years for an explorer 2 either dial and stoped in ever few months to purchase different watches. All told I spend close to 40k and still no explorer. I ended up going gray and when I went back in to see my sa not realizing I was wearing it, he look and said why didn’t you just say you wanted it that bad and pulled one from the safe.

Thanks for sharing this entertaining story
braaad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 12:42 AM   #34
lightcatcher
"TRF" Member

I was on various “lists” for 4 years and finally managed to get my BNLR at retail without being on the ‘list’.

Pure luck is what I would put it down to..
lightcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 03:20 AM   #35
piratepress
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Sadly, this isn't an isolated incident. April 1st will also be 5 years from when I was told my BLRO was ordered and haven't heard a word. After two years of making visits and chatting up the manager, I gave up.

Hindsight is 20/20 but I wish I had gone with a different AD and maybe I'd have had it long before now.
piratepress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 08:20 AM   #36
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
GMT Pepsi - 5 years wait - close?

Nearly three years for me, but then again, it was the meteorite dial.

jb335 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 11:31 AM   #37
danwang0520
"TRF" Member

Watch: my signature
5 years is a really long time, I'd gone grey by then if I really want the watch
danwang0520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 11:10 PM   #38
piratepress
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by danwang0520 View Post
5 years is a really long time, I'd gone grey by then if I really want the watch
I agree, but I absolutely refuse to pay a $10K premium.
piratepress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2023, 12:37 AM   #39
bjdub
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LV
People are giving you mixed signals on whether or not this is a hopeful sign or you are getting strung along. For me, it is difficult to tell.

My advice here is to be direct and flush out the AD. First, tell them you will take first available for the bracelet unless you have a very strong preference. Then, ask for an estimate on timing.

If they respond with something like "by end of this calendar year," from my personal experience, this is a good sign. Wait it out. You have come this far...

If they give you a BS, runaround, wishy washy answer, cut ties and go grey market.
bjdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2023, 12:38 AM   #40
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Where are you located? My AD texted me yesterday similarly asking about a DJ I inquired about. I replied, wait, did the watch come in? And he replied oh no, it'll be another 2 years hahaha what a joke.
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2023, 02:04 AM   #41
BigPilot5002
"TRF" Member

Lucky OP. I've been waiting for a Pepsi since it was launched back in March 2018. Still no luck and AD said that unfortunately I am not even close - may take easily 10 to 15 years STILL.
BigPilot5002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2023, 03:35 AM   #42
TickTockChuck
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116610LV
I gave up on the Pepsi after 3 years when my prior AD lost their Rolex status....haven't bothered to build new relationships since. I do hope your AD comes through with a Pepsi for you though. Rolex really needs to have their AD's implement a more equitable system so that it's not just the big spenders, friends, family & Grey's that get the goodies. Good Luck & Cheers!
TickTockChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2023, 03:40 AM   #43
Giovannibravo
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub| DJ41| 79540
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFez View Post
Hi friends,

I’m waiting 5 years now for the GMT Pepsi. Recently my AD emailed me asking which bracelet I would like to have. What does it usually mean… is it close to arrive? Anybody with a same experience?

Regards
I think you are a victim of the currently environment. Have you purchased anything from them before?
Giovannibravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2023, 05:08 PM   #44
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPilot5002 View Post
Lucky OP. I've been waiting for a Pepsi since it was launched back in March 2018. Still no luck and AD said that unfortunately I am not even close - may take easily 10 to 15 years STILL.
With what MRSP will be when (and if) you finally get one, you’d have been better going grey. You’d have the watch now to enjoy.

Without an AD relationship Pepsi will be almost impossible as they’re not chronological lists, sadly.
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2023, 06:15 PM   #45
bestkepttime
"TRF" Member

I have been waiting just over 2 years for a Pepsi ! put my name down jan 2021.
bestkepttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2023, 08:33 PM   #46
BigPilot5002
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
With what MRSP will be when (and if) you finally get one, you’d have been better going grey. You’d have the watch now to enjoy.
On principle I do not pay over MRSP. And if I put the money (about 7k which was the price of the Pepsi in 2018) to stocks with 7% annual interest rate it will be over 25k in year 2038 which is the year I think I will get the Pepsi.
BigPilot5002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2023, 10:36 PM   #47
rlx123
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFez View Post
Hi friends,

I’m waiting 5 years now for the GMT Pepsi. Recently my AD emailed me asking which bracelet I would like to have. What does it usually mean… is it close to arrive? Anybody with a same experience?

Regards

I hope you said you’ll take either bracelet, which ever comes first.

rlx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2023, 12:31 AM   #48
Mr Ben
"TRF" Member

Watch: 226570
Quote:

Great example of when to just go grey. My Exp II was almost brand new - only 4 days old. The premium was hundreds, not thousands and I picked it up the day after I called to ask about it.
Mr Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2023, 06:30 AM   #49
Munch520
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR/Cermit/SM300
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeK View Post
After 5 years, I'd have
a patek
Munch520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2023, 07:19 AM   #50
Watchsprings
"TRF" Member

It took 4 years for me. I said I would take either bracelet. Got the oyster and am happy. The fact they asked you about the bracelet is a good sign. Keep the faith!
Watchsprings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2023, 07:38 AM   #51
4reRlxGuy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 3970
Unfortunately my AD that I had a 20 year association with lost their Rolex line during the pandemic. I started a new association with a local mall AD and spent over $125K in the last 16 months (2 gold subs - bought the white gold as a walk-in with no buy history and took 6 months to get the yellow gold I really wanted with some other ladies models and jewelry along the way). Had told my SA that a Pepsi is a want. About 3 months ago I told her I was looking for a big stone (3 ct) for 25th anniv gift but really wanted to get a steel sports model 1st.

In the end I got a referral to a different AD nearby and had to bundle the diamond with a Pepsi.

In the end cheaper (paid 2x for the jewelry at the AD than a downtown dealer) to go gray if a Pepsi or Panda is on your wish list.
4reRlxGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2023, 07:56 AM   #52
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
Five years? I would simply reply. I’ll take either bracelet. Give me the wash.

GGGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2023, 07:57 AM   #53
xjeeunitx
2024 Pledge Member

About 26 months for me
Old 2 April 2023, 08:56 AM   #54
Blanch
"TRF" Member

5 year wait!?
Considering the modern 11 series GMT case design, with cerachrom insert, was released in 2007, with the 12 series update being in 2018, you may as well wait another five years for a possible 13 series release in 2028.

Hopefully by then, Rolex will have the ceramic BLRO insert colors looking like the 1675 and 16710 aluminum insert colors.
Blanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2023, 04:53 PM   #55
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
On principle I do not pay over MRSP. And if I put the money (about 7k which was the price of the Pepsi in 2018) to stocks with 7% annual interest rate it will be over 25k in year 2038 which is the year I think I will get the Pepsi.
I wish you luck
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2023, 07:48 PM   #56
Holodeck
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That's optimistic. Hope it works out that way for you. Economists attach a value to the years of enjoyment you forego by putting off a purchase like that. An opportunity cost of kinds. The enjoyment has a value. I wonder what that would be if you could monetise it?
Holodeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2023, 01:59 AM   #57
Texex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II
Had a similar experience with my SkyD. After 2 years waiting my AD called and asked what bracelet I preferred. I told him I'd take either as long as it was the blue dial. 2 weeks later I got "the call" for one on jubilee.
Old 3 April 2023, 02:30 AM   #58
Mathematoxic
"TRF" Member

Reply your AD that you would buy the Pepsi even without any bracelet. 5yrs of waiting really sucks. These ADs will give you an allocation when people no longer want watches. Customers who doesn’t spend much with them are as good as a dumping ground.
Mathematoxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2023, 02:49 AM   #59
Corvette
"TRF" Member

I waited about 3 years for my Pepsi and I’m quite happy with that. I find it ridiculous to pay above MSRP for any item period.
Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2023, 03:32 AM   #60
sj24k
"TRF" Member

Never understood why people get so locked in on only paying the manufacturers suggested retail price when it comes to luxury goods like this. There’s really nothing magic about that random number. Hell, even they say it’s “suggested.”

When I shop for overpriced luxury toys like these, I look at the market, figure out what it will cost to get what I want, then decide if I want to (or can) pay it, wait for it at a potentially lower price, or just move on. I mean it’s not like anyone really needs these things.

In regards to the BLRO, I decided a few years back it was worth the market price to me (vs. waiting for an AD to maybe someday deliver one) so I went ahead and paid it. Glad I did. Love it and wear it all the time.

Honestly have no idea what the MSRP even is.

Good luck and hope you get yours soon.

sj24k is offline   Reply With Quote