The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 31 March 2023, 01:54 AM   #91
-94-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
I didn’t say I don’t believe you, I just said it seems like a big miss for the company not to make an official announcement.

I believe you heard what you heard.
Ok that's good but I heard confirmation and it is proven so now so not just what I heard

When I say I know it I know it but new so I see some skeptical but I don't say something like that unless I know it 100%
-94- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 02:03 AM   #92
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by -94- View Post
Ok that's good but I heard confirmation and it is proven so now so not just what I heard

When I say I know it I know it but new so I see some skeptical but I don't say something like that unless I know it 100%
Understood. I believe you heard what you heard and you’re repeating it here.

I think you can see why many including me would be skeptical since you’re a brand new member and you’re not naming sources … that’s just the reality of making statements such as yours. Don’t take it personally.

Again, not being inflammatory, but you have to see the other side of the debate.
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 02:09 AM   #93
-94-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Understood. I believe you heard what you heard and you’re repeating it here.

I think you can see why many including me would be skeptical since you’re a brand new member and you’re not naming sources … that’s just the reality of making statements such as yours. Don’t take it personally.

Again, not being inflammatory, but you have to see the other side of the debate.
Yes I understand and I take no offence you kind person I can see
Old 31 March 2023, 02:13 AM   #94
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
the dial also appears to be a matte finish or different shade of black. Is that official, or just the rendering? Oh wait, you see that I'm getting at here?

I'm not against, the belief of MK1, MK2, MK3, etc. I know some here can't stand the discussion. But I don't think it's fair to base anything off separate images of the same watch, none the less product renderings.

When we have an actual side by side in the same light, we'll know what's what.
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 02:15 AM   #95
bjdub
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post
You have to remember that we are the only people who care about these insert colors. Rolex doesn't. There were at least 5 different shades of green for the aluminum bezel original LV Sub. If you sent it in for service and Rolex replaced the bezel, you got what got. Rolex doesn't care about the shade or the font or any of this crap that we agonize over.
Yup, I buy that. It is truly a insignificant change to the reference for the vast majority of consumers who want it. I madden myself with my OCD.
bjdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 02:16 AM   #96
-94-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadridv View Post
the dial also appears to be a matte finish or different shade of black. Is that official, or just the rendering? Oh wait, you see that I'm getting at here?

I'm not against, the belief of MK1, MK2, MK3, etc. I know some here can't stand the discussion. But I don't think it's fair to base anything off separate images of the same watch, none the less product renderings.

When we have an actual side by side in the same light, we'll know what's what.
Yes we will know comparison but we know for fact Rolex say change made.
Old 31 March 2023, 03:10 AM   #97
-94-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by koko105 View Post
Thank you -94- for sharing the information with us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is my pleasure to share with you, thank you!
Old 31 March 2023, 03:17 AM   #98
ffjfjfjjd
"TRF" Member

Okay, so apparently this is a change to represent an anniversary. But there's no press release or any form of official confirmation that they've actually made a change in honor of an anniversary?

So it's a secret anniversary model that only a select, few people that are fortunate to be in the inner circle knows about?

I mean, if you believe this I also have a Ponzi scheme you might be interested in and would find very believable. I can't understand how this is gaining any traction because the facts here don't line up at all.

While I am sure Adrian Barker saw a difference when comparing something under synthetic lightning in a large exhibiton space compared to a photo taken in completely different lightning conditions, lets not forget that this is the same guy who also claimed that Tudor had two different hues in the steel of their BB58s in black and blue - something that was blatantly wrong.
ffjfjfjjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 03:21 AM   #99
-94-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffjfjfjjd View Post
Okay, so apparently this is a change to represent an anniversary. But there's no press release or any form of official confirmation that they've actually made a change in honor of an anniversary?

So it's a secret anniversary model that only a select, few people that are fortunate to be in the inner circle knows about?

I mean, if you believe this I also have a Ponzi scheme you might be interested in and would find very believable. I can't understand how this is gaining any traction because the facts here don't line up at all.

While I am sure Adrian Barker saw a difference when comparing something under synthetic lightning in a large exhibiton space compared to a photo taken in completely different lightning conditions, lets not forget that this is the same guy who also claimed that Tudor had two different hues in the steel of their BB58s in black and blue - something that was blatantly wrong.
Haha, not secret Rolex tell all ADs in seminar about new watches 2023.

Ok, you not big fan of that source but it will become known everywhere.

Understand you type to question but you way way off haha
Old 31 March 2023, 03:22 AM   #100
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:

https://www.rolexmagazine.com/2023/0...ns-up.html?m=1

Many paragraphs of wrong.
Old 31 March 2023, 03:24 AM   #101
-94-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
Haha yes see it is not secret, ponzi haha!
Old 31 March 2023, 03:28 AM   #102
rcwatchcollector
Banned

like the darker version. maybe lighter green it is different in ceramic as opposed to the original metal insert green.
rcwatchcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 03:40 AM   #103
peptide45
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by salnuaimi View Post
if we go by rendering then the dial also is not black
+1
peptide45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 03:53 AM   #104
ffjfjfjjd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
I see an unnamed source telling a hobbyist blog that something is true. And a YouTuber making a bold claim.
None of the big news outlets with some journalistic credibility has gotten any confirmation.

Why would something be a celebration of an anniversary and not be announced, if not as the headline, at least with a small press release, at the biggest watch event in the world?
ffjfjfjjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 03:54 AM   #105
Daytona81
Banned

Hopefully it is lighter. I like the light green bezel more.
Daytona81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 03:57 AM   #106
-94-
Banned

Quote:
I see an unnamed source telling a hobbyist blog that something is true. And a YouTuber making a bold claim.
None of the big news outlets with some journalistic credibility has gotten any confirmation.

Why would something be a celebration of an anniversary and not be announced, if not as the headline, at least with a small press release, at the biggest watch event in the world?
It’s ok, it’s fun sometimes to see someone keep doing down wrong road haha only because they can’t do harm haha

Understand you don’t like YouTube person but further you go only more silly you will feel haha

It’s no secret and Rolex is saying it in AD seminar so funny you keep going down wrong road
Old 31 March 2023, 03:57 AM   #107
harvey
"TRF" Member

Hope it’s less ‘milky’ looking…
harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 04:00 AM   #108
bluestreak
"TRF" Member

Quote:

This is what I don’t get. Maybe they are changing the color of the bezel. That would make sense as a normal maintenance of the reference. But it doesn’t make sense if it’s an “anniversary” edition. Anniversaries are celebrations. You don’t do celebrations in complete secrecy.

bluestreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 04:01 AM   #109
Bdiesel570
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
I like the one I have, don't plan on getting rid of it regardless if its Mk1 or not. She isn't quite a Smurf, but maybe one day :)

smurf by bdiesel570, on Flickr

"The will to live, will always outweigh the ability to die."
Bdiesel570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 04:01 AM   #110
bluestreak
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It’s ok, it’s fun sometimes to see someone keep doing down wrong road haha only because they can’t do harm haha

Understand you don’t like YouTube person but further you go only more silly you will feel haha

It’s no secret and Rolex is saying it in AD seminar so funny you keep going down wrong road

Why are you so invested in this? Why do you care if folks believe you?

Old 31 March 2023, 04:03 AM   #111
-94-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestreak View Post
This is what I don’t get. Maybe they are changing the color of the bezel. That would make sense as a normal maintenance of the reference. But it doesn’t make sense if it’s an “anniversary” edition. Anniversaries are celebrations. You don’t do celebrations in complete secrecy.

Haha “complete secrecy” not the case but I understand you feel you took wrong side now don’t feel good. 70th isn’t considered any big anniversary like 50 or 75 so in five years I guess big deal comes.
Old 31 March 2023, 04:04 AM   #112
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Isn't the opposite also true though to be fair.
Old 31 March 2023, 04:06 AM   #113
-94-
Banned

Quote:

Haha it’s true! But first time I try and share with members information and so many throw back in face haha

It’s ok, truth will be understood by everyone soon no question about it
Old 31 March 2023, 04:38 AM   #114
bluestreak
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Haha “complete secrecy” not the case but I understand you feel you took wrong side now don’t feel good. 70th isn’t considered any big anniversary like 50 or 75 so in five years I guess big deal comes.

I don’t care one way or the other. But we can barely understand you and you are extremely cagey about where you got your info. People aren’t going to just accept some random that says “it’s 100 percent confirmed by Rolex.”

You may and probably will end up being right. But it doesn’t change what I said above. Rolex still hasn’t confirmed it. Anonymous talk to a blogger isn’t confirmation.

Also the talk of an MK1 version being worth $100K doesn’t really help your credibility.
Old 31 March 2023, 05:36 AM   #115
-94-
Banned

Quote:
I don’t care one way or the other. But we can barely understand you and you are extremely cagey about where you got your info. People aren’t going to just accept some random that says “it’s 100 percent confirmed by Rolex.”

You may and probably will end up being right. But it doesn’t change what I said above. Rolex still hasn’t confirmed it. Anonymous talk to a blogger isn’t confirmation.

Also the talk of an MK1 version being worth $100K doesn’t really help your credibility.
Ok well sorry you can’t understand me but I never say worth 100k! Haha

Show me where I say any value at all let alone 100k! Haha

I understand you don’t believe that’s fine but please do not tell others that I say anything about 100k! Haha
Old 31 March 2023, 05:40 AM   #116
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Ok well sorry you can’t understand me but I never say worth 100k! Haha

Show me where I say any value at all let alone 100k! Haha

I understand you don’t believe that’s fine but please do not tell others that I say anything about 100k! Haha

It was post 43. Not you that said that.
Old 31 March 2023, 05:42 AM   #117
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Haha it’s true! But first time I try and share with members information and so many throw back in face haha

It’s ok, truth will be understood by everyone soon no question about it
Credibility is earned on TRF over time and by what you add to the community over a duration of time. It has to be that way because there are always too many “drop-ins” thinking they will influence the largest and most respected Rolex forum on the internet. TRF is not like typical non-themed social media outlets like Facebook, Instagram, etc… Think of TRF as a protected “guild”.
Old 31 March 2023, 05:44 AM   #118
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheWatchGuy View Post
I already own both MK1 AND MK2*

*Depending on lighting

Congratulations!! Wow! MK 1.5!
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 05:47 AM   #119
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Yes we will know comparison but we know for fact Rolex say change made.
oh my bad, I missed that part of this. Where is it stated?
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 05:56 AM   #120
Gaijin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
Digging the new color. A little lighter.
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote