The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 20 April 2021, 08:43 PM   #1
smg8
Banned

Hublot Classic Fusion/Hublot hate?

Hi All,

I've had my head turned by Hublot recently, a sentence I thought I'd never ever type!

I'd previously never considered it as a brand I'd like to own (mainly due to associating it with MASSIVE BLINGY ROSE GOLD PIECES), but having moved on from Rolex recently (the ridiculous games, the "it's an investment" hype, and the arrogance of AD's is a real game changer for me personally) I've been exploring other options and stumbled across the Hublot Classic Fusion Chronograph which is a very very nice looking watch.

I am aware Hublot seems to get a LOT of hate on the forum from searching old threads, and was curious as to whether anyone has changed their mind in light of the massive love in for the new Zenith Chronomaster Sport?

It seems that the argument goes;

Hublot - copied AP with their design
Chronomaster Sport - yeah ok it looks like a Daytona, but it's cheaper, and it's available and it is a bit different if I look closely so it's fine

Could the tables not be turned on the arguments above? With a Hublot you are getting the AP "design language" in terms of contemporary watch, creative use of materials etc but for a significantly lower price point.

I appreciate Zenith has more "history" than Hublot obviously and this contributes to both stances but the diverging views on something which looks much more of a copy than the Hublot vs AP looks is interesting.

Any classic fusion owners here who have any comments on their ownership experience, recommendations, etc?

With thanks
smg8 is offline   Reply With Quote