The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 18 March 2010, 09:51 AM   #1
SeaBass800
"TRF" Member

Your opinion please

Hey everyone,

I plan on listing my watch in the sale section and was hoping to have your opinion (esp. the members who have sold watches here).

I wanted to do solely a face to face transaction where i'll send as many pics as the prospective buyer wants, then he/she can meet me in new york, look at the watch as much as he/she wants and then we head over to the RSC in fifth avenue where Rolex can tell him/her that my watch is authentic

Is this too much of a hassle. I'm really worried about sending my watch to someone and after a couple of days, him/her saying "oh, i dont like it anymore"

and if I say "final sale" people may think there is something wrong with my watch.

please let me know your thoughts! thanks!
SeaBass800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2010, 09:56 AM   #2
SLS
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT's & Sub's
Do what ever you feel most comfortable with. I sell only by wire and I check references. A 3 day inspection is common for most sellers to offer. Good luck and do your homework on buyers.
Scott

Member No. 922
SLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2010, 09:56 AM   #3
TimeToGo
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Hi,

First, you will limit your sale to a local person or someone within driving distance.

Second, when you have a potential buyer, check for references on the Forum if you feel uncomfortable.

You may be surprised, because of your limited time on the Forum, folks may ask you to send the watch to them first. This could be done by a well known member. Check the feedbacks on Who's who and you will see this happened recently with very positive feedback.

As long as you and the buyer are comfortable....all is well!

Good luck!
TimeToGo is offline   Reply With Quote