The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 18 March 2010, 05:54 AM   #1
mfer
"TRF" Member

Lots of Basel Complaining!!!!!!

[rant]
Rolex is a timeless watch company and by being so, does not come out with 22 different models every year. It carefully, cautiously and slowly perfects its line up and maintains its look, quality and heritage. It improves itself through technology, new materials and precise tuning. It is not influenced by fads.

I feel like their glacial speed changes keep the value of all Rolex's high and that is one of the reasons we love them.

Also, watches will look different in the metal than they do on these pics. Every year it is the same. A new model/update comes out and everyone tears it a new one. About 8 months later, when they hit the streets, and real pics are posted and people see them with their own eyes in their AD's, things change and all of a sudden, the horrible blue sub looks awesome or that clownmaster is sooooooo nice (if they made it in SS).

I understand, everyone wants an 1655 or a red 1680 homage. I don't see Rolex doing that. They go forward and keep their watches timeless.
[/rant]
member#3242
mfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2010, 06:17 AM   #2
Otto
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona and others
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfer View Post
[rant]
Rolex is a timeless watch company and by being so, does not come out with 22 different models every year. It carefully, cautiously and slowly perfects its line up and maintains its look, quality and heritage. It improves itself through technology, new materials and precise tuning. It is not influenced by fads.

I feel like their glacial speed changes keep the value of all Rolex's high and that is one of the reasons we love them.

Also, watches will look different in the metal than they do on these pics. Every year it is the same. A new model/update comes out and everyone tears it a new one. About 8 months later, when they hit the streets, and real pics are posted and people see them with their own eyes in their AD's, things change and all of a sudden, the horrible blue sub looks awesome or that clownmaster is sooooooo nice (if they made it in SS).

I understand, everyone wants an 1655 or a red 1680 homage. I don't see Rolex doing that. They go forward and keep their watches timeless.
[/rant]
I agree 100%. One thing I like about Rolex is I immediately recognize the look of Rolex, the models, the evolution of the models.
Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2010, 06:18 AM   #3
dardeca
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek
Good point!
dardeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2010, 06:21 AM   #4
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Not me. Best dang Basel I've seen.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2010, 06:23 AM   #5
mfer
"TRF" Member

Thanks Otto and Cameron. Glad to see I'm not the only one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pierce View Post
Not me. Best dang Basel I've seen.
dP
I hate to admit it Dan, but I'm not a chrono fan and that one has me .........good thing they aren't in the US!
member#3242
Old 18 March 2010, 06:29 AM   #6
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

We've still got a few here who can't see past the Submariner 6204 and even the 1019 is a fangle dangle copy of the original Milgauss.

Where did I park my Model T?
Old 18 March 2010, 06:31 AM   #7
JBat
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710, 16610, DJ
I agree, Mik, it's better to wait and see the pieces in the flesh. But the new LV ain't doing it for me in the pics. I just don't see myself wearing a green-dialed watch.
JBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2010, 06:32 AM   #8
snow_rocks
Banned

Watch: the SKY tonite!
Love to complain, but there is nothing to complain about.
snow_rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2010, 06:33 AM   #9
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshwatchman View Post
We've still got a few here who can't see past the Submariner 6204 and even the 1019 is a fangle dangle copy of the original Milgauss.

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Mosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2010, 07:05 AM   #10
mfer
"TRF" Member

1019 is a copy?
Old 18 March 2010, 07:52 AM   #11
mike
"TRF" Member

Quote:
[rant]

[/rant]
Nailed it.
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2010, 08:03 AM   #12
Dr. Jones

Watch: LV Sub, GMT IIC
I am a die hard Rolex fan. I love my Rolex collection. I don't love everything Rolex does, I am truly grateful for Rolex as I could own no other watch made and wear it every day and still be excited everytime I look at it. With my Rolex watches timeless and lac of runing into fads makes Rolex perfect in my eyes.
Dr. Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2010, 08:06 AM   #13
swatty
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: The Game
Quote:
[rant]

[/rant]
No arguement from me
Old 18 March 2010, 09:20 AM   #14
layne
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshwatchman View Post
We've still got a few here who can't see past the Submariner 6204 and even the 1019 is a fangle dangle copy of the original Milgauss.\
I agree & dont see what all the complaining is about - is it just that people would like to think that their older models are somehow better by remaining truer to the heritage?
I guess the surprise with the subs is the green dial on the LV. I dont know if its for me, but I reserve any judgement until I see it in the flesh. I think the sub will have a good feel to it. The improvements are good ones IMHO.
layne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2010, 10:17 AM   #15
buz-lh
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Tudor Pam
Well said and I totally agree. Great offerings this year.

buz-lh is offline   Reply With Quote