The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex Watch Reviews

Old 27 June 2021, 08:44 PM   #1
Sala
"TRF" Member

Rolex DJ 36mm with diamond markers

Finally settled on this Rolex (my first) after narrowing down what I wanted to a DJ--and not liking lume or Arabic markers, diamond markers. Asked the AD and they said I would have to go on a waiting list--which I had no intention of doing--because they only had one that was ordered by a customer who paid a large deposit on it. So I gave up, and then received a call from them a few days later asking if I was still interested. Seems the customer changed his mind and wanted a blue dial instead...

I generally wear one watch, so this is the every day one. I might put on a vintage eterna matic for some formal business suit events, but this watch can do it all. The diamonds set me off a bit for the first few days, but I now love it.

It's been a month so it seems the time keeping is still settling in. It only goes off my wrist at night, and gets a few winds every few days as well. For the first week, dial up overnight, it was 2.6 seconds fast a day. For the second, crown down at night, about 1 second fast. For the third, dial up again at night (i was worried crown down would cause the delicate bracelet to sag) its around 1.9 seconds fast a day.

Overall fantastic watch, though Im surprised how easily it gets hairline scratches from soft tooth brush and cotton shirt when cleaned or wiped. You can't see them in this pic but theyre very obvious in some lighting--and hairline scratches on bezel too.

One thing that really threw me off was the winding--maybe because the mainspring is already tight everytime I partially wind it (though I don't see how, I work at home and am not very active). Every turn or half a turn, the crown offers a bit of resistance and then snaps or pops when you keep turning it. I tried winding a friend's datejust (he never winds it) and after 40 or so turns it did the same thing, though not as consistently as mine. Maybe its the newish movement? Never seen that before on another watch. But it keeps good time, so I didn't want to take it back to AD.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210627_112736.jpg (192.9 KB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20210627-114927_WhatsApp.jpg (172.1 KB, 143 views)
Sala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2021, 10:44 PM   #2
bobby81
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sala View Post
Finally settled on this Rolex (my first) after narrowing down what I wanted to a DJ--and not liking lume or Arabic markers, diamond markers. Asked the AD and they said I would have to go on a waiting list--which I had no intention of doing--because they only had one that was ordered by a customer who paid a large deposit on it. So I gave up, and then received a call from them a few days later asking if I was still interested. Seems the customer changed his mind and wanted a blue dial instead...

I generally wear one watch, so this is the every day one. I might put on a vintage eterna matic for some formal business suit events, but this watch can do it all. The diamonds set me off a bit for the first few days, but I now love it.

It's been a month so it seems the time keeping is still settling in. It only goes off my wrist at night, and gets a few winds every few days as well. For the first week, dial up overnight, it was 2.6 seconds fast a day. For the second, crown down at night, about 1 second fast. For the third, dial up again at night (i was worried crown down would cause the delicate bracelet to sag) its around 1.9 seconds fast a day.

Overall fantastic watch, though Im surprised how easily it gets hairline scratches from soft tooth brush and cotton shirt when cleaned or wiped. You can't see them in this pic but theyre very obvious in some lighting--and hairline scratches on bezel too.

One thing that really threw me off was the winding--maybe because the mainspring is already tight everytime I partially wind it (though I don't see how, I work at home and am not very active). Every turn or half a turn, the crown offers a bit of resistance and then snaps or pops when you keep turning it. I tried winding a friend's datejust (he never winds it) and after 40 or so turns it did the same thing, though not as consistently as mine. Maybe its the newish movement? Never seen that before on another watch. But it keeps good time, so I didn't want to take it back to AD.

I also purchased a diamond dial new, in 2018. I really never thought I’d end up purchasing any Watch diamonds on it, but I was passing a Rolex Ad’s & I spotted this on display in the window & I thought it really looked cool. I always thought that diamonds on a Watch was a bit OTT but I now very happy with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bobby81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2021, 12:58 AM   #3
Sala
"TRF" Member

And mother of pearl... when you see it it actually looks really nice
Sala is offline   Reply With Quote