The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 6 September 2021, 12:05 PM   #61
m3tek44
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: this
stunning!! congrats!
m3tek44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2021, 08:06 PM   #62
cascavel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3tek44 View Post
stunning!! congrats!
+1. Bold move actually wearing it.
cascavel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2021, 08:58 PM   #63
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljctl View Post
I have been wearing this for a few months now. The green is lovely. Attachment 1242563Attachment 1242565

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk
Beautiful
Mini2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2021, 09:15 PM   #64
mjm700
"TRF" Member

Very nice (without the diamonds)!
mjm700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2021, 04:16 AM   #65
pp3355
"TRF" Member

It is sad really because I like the watch and have a 5711 blue which was my dad's and bought at reasonable price back then

But it's not that special anymore given what's out there today, really

My collection this year has grown to Moser Streamliner, Czapek Antarctique and Octo Finissimo Skeleton. All obtainable and really special.

I feel like Patek here is losing new customers
pp3355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2021, 04:43 AM   #66
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pp3355 View Post

My collection this year has grown to Moser Streamliner, Czapek Antarctique and Octo Finissimo Skeleton. All obtainable and really special.
You‘ve picked up some special pieces there, love the Streamliner and Czapek - both recently announced pieces are stunners.
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2021, 06:04 AM   #67
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cascavel View Post
If this is true please explain why so many really wealthy people own yachts and airplanes and tons of other stuff that they don't make money on. Not every billionaire lives in a modest home in Omaha, Nebraska.
Many rich folks made their money on one terrific idea and aren't particularly financially savvy, which explains why they invest some of their money in hedge funds. And even the hedge fund guys own yachts and airplanes.
not an expert here but I am guessing that most "rich people" own these things thru corporations associated with their businesses - and more importantly there are all kinds of wealthy people some big spenders and some thrifty ones.
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2021, 07:05 AM   #68
BrunoMalik
Banned

5711 Green dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by pp3355 View Post
It is sad really because I like the watch and have a 5711 blue which was my dad's and bought at reasonable price back then

But it's not that special anymore given what's out there today, really

I feel like Patek here is losing new customers

These Nautilus prices are crazy. You could have picked up a Czapek Antarctique Rattrapante for half the price of a basic 3 hander, blu dial Nautilus. And look at this thing:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
BrunoMalik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2021, 09:26 AM   #69
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunoMalik View Post
These Nautilus prices are crazy. You could have picked up a Czapek Antarctique Rattrapante for half the price of a basic 3 hander, blu dial Nautilus. And look at this thing:

looks cool but I can't get myself to really like all these independents (other than FP Journe). Moser and MB &F have some cool pieces but I don't think I ever could really pull the trigger on any of these. There is something about the overall look/ finishing that I don't like - looks cheapish and yes I have handled multiple moser and also czapek watches in person. The only watch that was truly stunning in person was an ENDEAVOUR CYLINDRICAL TOURBILLON – H. MOSER & CIE. X MB&F - so cool.
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2021, 09:40 AM   #70
BrunoMalik
Banned

I hear you.

Before owning my first Czapek, I was of the same opinion as you. Only had Rolex and AP up to that point. Everything else was too “risky” and a hard pill to swallow.

It wasnt until i actually owned the Czapek Antarctique full time that i changed my opinion 180. Now it does NOT make sense to beg your AD to have the mass produced models from Rolex, AP and PP when you can get some of the super exclusive independents making less than 200 watches a year.

I suspect the reason you like FPJ and not the others is that they are now a “made” brand. So there is no more risk in owning an FPJ while the rest of the independents still have something to prove.

Fyi my Czapek Antarctique is every bit as good as my RO 15500 and dare i say it actually wears better.

Old 9 September 2021, 10:41 AM   #71
ramenlover
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunoMalik View Post
I hear you.

Before owning my first Czapek, I was of the same opinion as you. Only had Rolex and AP up to that point. Everything else was too “risky” and a hard pill to swallow.

It wasnt until i actually owned the Czapek Antarctique full time that i changed my opinion 180. Now it does NOT make sense to beg your AD to have the mass produced models from Rolex, AP and PP when you can get some of the super exclusive independents making less than 200 watches a year.

I suspect the reason you like FPJ and not the others is that they are now a “made” brand. So there is no more risk in owning an FPJ while the rest of the independents still have something to prove.

Fyi my Czapek Antarctique is every bit as good as my RO 15500 and dare i say it actually wears better.

Just as you suspect others of choosing Patek, Rolex and AP because they’re branded, I suspect you wanted a Czapek to show everyone that you’re different and braver than the average Patek buyer.
ramenlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2021, 02:49 AM   #72
wilsonpepper
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: All of them
Yesterday, I was lucky enough to get a green dial 5711 at retail, but now I have buyers remorse due to a watch that I have never considered - the Czapek Antarctique. What a beautiful timepiece.
wilsonpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2021, 03:09 AM   #73
PPcollector
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonpepper View Post
Yesterday, I was lucky enough to get a green dial 5711 at retail, but now I have buyers remorse due to a watch that I have never considered - the Czapek Antarctique. What a beautiful timepiece.
Hmm..DM me and I’ll be more than happy to buy the 5711 Green dial from you at MSRP so you can have the money to buy a Czapek.
PPcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2021, 03:24 AM   #74
BrunoMalik
Banned

Quote:

Im a Czapek fan but you taking it too far. Im hoping its thinly veiled sarcasm . In case its not, i have a piece unique Antarctique and ill trade you straight up.

Old 26 September 2021, 07:19 AM   #75
cascavel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Huh?
cascavel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2021, 10:48 AM   #76
wilsonpepper
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: All of them
Yes very thinly veiled !
wilsonpepper is offline   Reply With Quote