The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 13 September 2021, 04:14 AM   #1
navrolex
"TRF" Member

Patek exhibition of watches at my AD and advice needed.

I have met my local AD the second time again this week and they had the demonstration models sent by Patek for people to try on, this week was the perpetual and the annual calenders on display.

I tried on a few watches and so far my favorite was 5236P and the 5235 rg and both suited my wrist very well. They both will have to wait as I have actually tried on the 5905 rg at a grey dealer and my AD has said to me he can get me one without a long waiting list.

I have looked at the 5905 rg on Chrono 24 and don't see huge discounts in fact mostly are asking retail so dont think it makes sense to go grey on it.

I mentioned to the ad that if I purchase the watch, would you promise me the nautilus or the aquanaut ( any model ) within a year. He said I genuinely cannot promise that it will be a year but maybe two, however, I will surely look after you.

now I am not sure whether this is just me being fobbed off or they say this to all the people buying lol, now, to be fair he did seem genuine but wanted to know what do you guys think.

this will actually be my first Patek and certainly not the last, so I guess I have to take the chance and go ahead with it but as you are all experienced so wanted to know what would your advice or thoughts be with dealings of AD.

Regards and thank you in advance.
navrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2021, 04:43 AM   #2
Mini2
"TRF" Member

If you want a nautilus just go grey and play no games. Pay the premium and get it today.
What nautilus or aquanaut are you after?
Mini2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2021, 04:47 AM   #3
TimepieceRPP
"TRF" Member

I am nowhere any expert here as I am still waiting for 5712 for nearly 4 years. However reading previous threads the chance is very slim for buying just one PP to get the nautilus or the aquanaut within 1 or 2 years. But who knows, I may be wrong
TimepieceRPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2021, 06:36 AM   #4
Todd Turbo S
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP, Rolex, PAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimepieceRPP View Post
I am nowhere any expert here as I am still waiting for 5712 for nearly 4 years. However reading previous threads the chance is very slim for buying just one PP to get the nautilus or the aquanaut within 1 or 2 years. But who knows, I may be wrong
This was my first and second PP purchase at my AD, I did have a previous purchase history with SS Rolex’s, some PAMs and wife Jewelry. Point being, it is possible.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 5738D3B2-E000-4D2E-9B96-45D46DD92CA8.jpeg (92.0 KB, 384 views)
File Type: jpeg F612B8F6-D33B-4DFA-A6FC-AC06FADCF251.jpeg (92.9 KB, 381 views)
Todd Turbo S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2021, 06:45 AM   #5
navrolex
"TRF" Member

thank you guys, I am after the ones which are 41 mm and above as have a 7 inch wrist so nothing in particular but 5968 was the one that picked up my eye.

I do like the 5905 rg and really want that too, so not buying it only because I want the aquanaut or the nautilus, however, I would like one of those too in my collection too and hoping I get them from the AD rather than grey.

I am also not buying just one watch and hoping they will give me a aquanaut or nautilus as would like to buy more of Pateks( to start with 5905 for now and 5235 in the coming year) but at the same time hoping I get the sought after ones too as I go along collecting the timepieces.

I am hoping to get atleast one timepiece a year.
Old 13 September 2021, 06:48 AM   #6
navrolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Turbo S View Post
This was my first and second PP purchase at my AD, I did have a previous purchase history with SS Rolex’s, some PAMs and wife Jewelry. Point being, it is possible.
wow, loooook amazing !!!!!!
seriously, when I went to the AD and tried them on, I was hooked.
Old 13 September 2021, 08:27 AM   #7
azizu
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 3700/11AJ
When you buy the 5905, you get an amazing watch regardless of the nautilus or aquanaut you are hoping for.
If you intended to buy more than one PP then the SA probably noticed that and would be interested to help you build a collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 13 September 2021, 09:28 AM   #8
WWC
"TRF" Member

My AD has never given any timeframe on any piece. All I would receive is the same answer. To be patient as the demand is super high. However, this AD has made it happen and I continue to believe in it.

Without any purchase history, I received both the Aquanaut and Nautilus within a very short period of wait.

It can happen!
Cosmograph DAYTONA 116520 | DEEPSEA 126660 | Explorer 214270 | GMT Master II BLRO 16710 | GMT Master II VTNR 126720 | Submariner LV 16610 | Sky-Dweller 326139 | Prince Oysterdate 90630
WWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2021, 10:36 AM   #9
uniqueMR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: P A T E K
Anything can happen.
But build your relationship with AD and its worth it.
And purchase history is must.
Old 13 September 2021, 11:20 AM   #10
Duckman25
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWC View Post
My AD has never given any timeframe on any piece. All I would receive is the same answer. To be patient as the demand is super high. However, this AD has made it happen and I continue to believe in it.

Without any purchase history, I received both the Aquanaut and Nautilus within a very short period of wait.

It can happen!
Is it only temporary that when you buy at retail, the value will go up the moment you leave the store? I used to think that these pieces only go up after 5 years after the depreciation curve ended.
Duckman25 is offline   Reply With Quote