The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 13 May 2021, 12:59 AM   #1
Milwaukee
"TRF" Member

The Timeless Watch Chanel

Anyone know what happened to Oisin ? Thank you
Milwaukee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2021, 01:07 AM   #2
GST15
"TRF" Member

Watch: CHNR/YM/DJ/OP/SUB
Wondering that myself. Kind of strange video on his last post.
GST15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2021, 01:23 AM   #3
bp1000
"TRF" Member

He hasn’t done a video for a few weeks but last one seemed ok? Nothing crazy.

Probably just busy with projects ?
bp1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2021, 01:24 AM   #4
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Never watch anything like the timeless watch channel, as I rely on my own knowledge and brain power when buying any watch or any other product. And never rely on any others opinions only my own, trouble today everyone's believes the likes of social media and say Youtube to do there thinking and what to buy for them.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2021, 01:27 AM   #5
Viking
"TRF" Member

I am wondering too. His channel is my favorite for watches. His video on his reaction to the new Rolex releases was hilarious.
Old 13 May 2021, 01:42 AM   #6
Pipalextom
"TRF" Member

I had the misfortune to turn on the Arichieluxury live stream a few days ago and he appeared on there randomly, so he's very much ok. Probably just taking a hiatus.
Pipalextom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2021, 01:43 AM   #7
herts9
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Oisin is fairly active on IG.

He just had a post about 40 minutes ago.
herts9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2021, 02:21 AM   #8
Tuma
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herts9 View Post
Oisin is fairly active on IG.

He just had a post about 40 minutes ago.
This.
Tuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2021, 02:30 AM   #9
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
He eluded to an upcoming review of the new Tudor chronograph, which I’m looking forward to.

I personally like his videos as they are much less about watches and more about his surroundings

I agree, his last video was a bit cryptic.
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2021, 02:30 AM   #10
mg18
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Never watch anything like the timeless watch channel, as I rely on my own knowledge and brain power when buying any watch or any other product. And never rely on any others opinions only my own, trouble today everyone's believes the likes of social media and say Youtube to do there thinking and what to buy for them.
This reply is confusing. Is it meant to try to justify your choices and shut down OP's question about what happened to the channel?

I'm sorry that viewing content related to this hobby might make you feel pressured to buy whatever is being shown in a video, so much so that you avoid it all together. However, I assure you, to many, these videos are just a way to deepen one's enjoyment of this hobby, not to be told what to purchase..
mg18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2021, 02:35 AM   #11
GST15
"TRF" Member

Watch: CHNR/YM/DJ/OP/SUB
Quote:
Originally Posted by mg18 View Post
This reply is confusing. Is it meant to try to justify your choices and shut down OP's question about what happened to the channel?

I'm sorry that viewing content related to this hobby might make you feel pressured to buy whatever is being shown in a video, so much so that you avoid it all together. However, I assure you, to many, these videos are just a way to deepen one's enjoyment of this hobby, not to be told what to purchase..
Well said!
+1
GST15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2021, 02:54 AM   #12
copperjohn
"TRF" Member

Watch: Exp
Quote:
This IS a watch forum. And you have over 47,000 posts. Are you saying in all those posts you’ve never offered an opinion or thanked/agreed with someone else on theirs?

What is TRF, if not “wristwatch social media”?!
Old 13 May 2021, 03:03 AM   #13
ervelo
"TRF" Member

I saw him on a live stream on Archieluxury's channel last Friday, so he's still alive.
ervelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2021, 04:18 AM   #14
Lithographica
"TRF" Member

He posted a song on his YouTube channel a week or two ago, but it looks like it was removed. A lot of the commenters were expressing condolences, so maybe he lost a loved one recently? That might explain the lack of recent content.
Lithographica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2021, 04:24 AM   #15
Vigilante24
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Geez. It’s not that serious. Maybe it’s just entertaining to view watch content. I have seen multiple posts from you with that same “attitude”.

Regarding topic, love his content but they may be due to the fact he lives in Venice too. Beautiful city. I saw a posting as well with a song that was later taken down. Good to see he is active in IG though.
Vigilante24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2021, 04:56 AM   #16
blufinz52
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116400GV 124060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante24 View Post
Geez. It’s not that serious. Maybe it’s just entertaining to view watch content. I have seen multiple posts from you with that same “attitude”.

Regarding topic, love his content but they may be due to the fact he lives in Venice too. Beautiful city. I saw a posting as well with a song that was later taken down. Good to see he is active in IG though.
This
blufinz52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2021, 06:09 AM   #17
Beto737
"TRF" Member

I love Oisin’s videos. They take you on a journey to his surroundings. It’s a little more than just timepieces.
Beto737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2021, 10:55 AM   #18
Fanofsteel
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You’re pretty much on your own island with this opinion. Why not just go all the way and cut all media consumption, that way you’ll be left to contemplate only your own thoughts. People watch channels for reasons other than educational purposes. TWC is one of the few YT channels in subbed to because I find it entertaining, thought-provoking, relaxing, and I like the personality of the host. I can relate to his life story.
Fanofsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2021, 11:48 AM   #19
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
The Timeless Watch Chanel

We could use more of the Timeless Watch Channel and less of some of the other watch channels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Krash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 03:19 AM   #20
watchcollect
"TRF" Member

Not looking good now, plenty of drama on omega forums and reddit
watchcollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 04:52 AM   #21
cglondon
"TRF" Member

Yeah I’m not taking sides until everyone has had their say. But holding onto viewer’s watches for far too long and still not sending them back is out of order. If that’s exactly what happened..

All the business with Nico as well. I guess we’ll get his side on the story on a livestream later tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cglondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 06:05 AM   #22
Nick9
"TRF" Member

The thread on OF is enormous, and appears credible (multiple horrific stories, lots of screenshot evidence).

There doesn’t seem much doubt that he’s been outed as a scammer/thief.
Nick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 06:11 AM   #23
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
He made a name for himself by saying the 3861 Speedmaster had sharp edges. Now he's more popular as an alleged scammer (saying alleged for now but the evidence presented is pretty damning).
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 06:17 AM   #24
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick9 View Post
The thread on OF is enormous, and appears credible (multiple horrific stories, lots of screenshot evidence).

There doesn’t seem much doubt that he’s been outed as a scammer/thief.
Any links to this backstory?
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 06:23 AM   #25
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Any links to this backstory?
https://omegaforums.net/threads/the-...-owner.146138/

TL; DR

Guy sends TTWC his watch that was previously owned by Humphrey Bogart so TTWC could do a video about it. TTWC doesn't do a video and guy asks for his watch back. TTWC never sends the man his watch and comes up with a bunch of reasons why he never did. Guy posts on OF for help on what to do. OF chimes in and then other people describe their dealings with TTWC outting him as an alleged scammer. TTWC is doing a livestream right now about it.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 06:51 AM   #26
wiem0014
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO
Quote:
I like to play a game. I read an the OP and then I think "What will Padi respond to this post?" I have to admit, your actual reply is almost always WAAAAY more crotchety than I expect!

Patek: 5168G (Blue)
Rolex: 126710BLRO, 116515LN, 124060
wiem0014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 07:30 AM   #27
47Fountain
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub & Deep sea
The timeless watch guy is a scammer. He's been keeping people's watches for a couple of years now. He says he'll review your watch but he needs the box if you have it & all pertinent paperwork. Then????? He never returns your watch. Multiple excuses as to when he's shipping, etc. Then? He ghosts the owner of the watch. Tried & true scammer thief.
47Fountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 07:32 AM   #28
47Fountain
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub & Deep sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by copperjohn View Post
This IS a watch forum. And you have over 47,000 posts. Are you saying in all those posts you’ve never offered an opinion or thanked/agreed with someone else on theirs?

What is TRF, if not “wristwatch social media”?!
His tag line literally says that his posts are all his opinion.
47Fountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 07:42 AM   #29
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47Fountain View Post
The timeless watch guy is a scammer. He's been keeping people's watches for a couple of years now. He says he'll review your watch but he needs the box if you have it & all pertinent paperwork. Then????? He never returns your watch. Multiple excuses as to when he's shipping, etc. Then? He ghosts the owner of the watch. Tried & true scammer thief.
There's a detailed thread about this on another board, with actual owners of never-returned pieces giving details. It's not pretty.

Do not send that YT'er your timepiece.

Since a TRF moderator asked, here's the link.

https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/t...ds-up.5410554/
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2022, 07:58 AM   #30
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Wow...I go traveling for a few days and another youtuber scandal unfolds.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote