The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 23 May 2022, 03:32 AM   #31
Danny83
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yellow Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
Going through it now.

There is a path to reconciliation, but it’s a long one. And the last year has been a challenge, to say the least.

Ups and downs for sure. Just when you think things suck, they start to look up. Then when you think the bad times are over, you get a sucker punch and they begin anew.

Deleting social media is definitely great advice. So is going to the gym and starting some positive habits.
Sorry to hear Seth. But glad you are good
Old 23 May 2022, 02:00 PM   #32
donas
Banned

Watch: 116619
Yup, been down that road. But, my first wife was a lying, cheating, whore which made it a little easier. Even with all that considered, for some reason I still missed her . She invited me to lunch a year or so after we divorced. I then learned she had remarried a Navy guy who was currently deployed, had moved her boyfriend into their house, and then lied to him to meet me for lunch.......didn't miss her much after that

Stay strong, life goes on.
Old 23 May 2022, 02:18 PM   #33
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by donas View Post
Yup, been down that road. But, my first wife was a lying, cheating, whore which made it a little easier. Even with all that considered, for some reason I still missed her . She invited me to lunch a year or so after we divorced. I then learned she had remarried a Navy guy who was currently deployed, had moved her boyfriend into their house, and then lied to him to meet me for lunch.......didn't miss her much after that

Wade! I had no idea we were married to the same woman!!!!!
Old 23 May 2022, 02:29 PM   #34
donas
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Wade! I had no idea we were married to the same woman!!!!!
She did say something about a Navy pilot during lunch....
Old 23 May 2022, 02:30 PM   #35
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:

You should have declined the lunch. More generally, I’ve always found it super weird when folks act like all women are good/ honest/ special/ perfect/ moral/ beautiful/ etc. Women are just people, and people come in all sorts. Some men are bad people, and some women are bad people. That’s empirical fact, not sexism, no matter how loudly people shout/screech to the contrary.
Old 23 May 2022, 02:39 PM   #36
DLRIDES

Watch: Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolio View Post
After almost 40 years of marriage, I am separated/divorcing. I had to sell my Classic 16710. It broke my heart to sell my prized watch but needed the cash. One day, again. Anyone been through this
) Yep, never again though !

) The number one reason for divorce is marriage.

) The National Guard created the greatest framework for relationships in history, practice it.
  • One weekend a month, and two weeks a year.

Old 23 May 2022, 02:45 PM   #37
donas
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Ferry View Post
You should have declined the lunch. More generally, I’ve always found it super weird when folks act like all women are good/ honest/ special/ perfect/ moral/ beautiful/ etc. Women are just people, and people come in all sorts. Some men are bad people, and some women are bad people. That’s empirical fact, not sexism, no matter how loudly people shout/screech to the contrary.
You sound like a blast to hang out with LOL. It's just a funny story that's almost 30 years old; I'm pretty over it.
Old 23 May 2022, 02:52 PM   #38
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:
You sound like a blast to hang out with LOL. It's just a funny story that's almost 30 years old; I'm pretty over it.
Easy there, just a comment on a discussion thread — which is that plenty of (mostly younger) guys really think all women are perfect, and then are disappointed. That’s why I said “more generally” .. because was no longer talking about you and your story. That’s how conversations go sometimes, they start at point A and branch off to point B, C, and D.
Old 23 May 2022, 03:00 PM   #39
donas
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Ferry View Post
Easy there, just a comment on a discussion thread — which is that plenty of (mostly younger) guys really think all women are perfect, and then are disappointed. That’s why I said “more generally” .. because was no longer talking about you and your story. That’s how conversations go sometimes, they start at point A and branch off to point B, C, and D.
Um, that was easy. Just a joke partner. I do my best not to insult people on internet forums, I don't even get the joy of seeing the look on their face, so that just takes the fun right out of it for me.

Nevertheless, I don't know what guys you are around that think women are perfect, that's the comment of the day. I associate with quite the variety of people and haven't come across one even close to that attitude. Seeing how this thread is about divorce, probably none in here either.
Old 23 May 2022, 03:01 PM   #40
BNA/LION

Watch: ROLEX
Sorry you have to go through this after so much time. Best of luck as you continue on your life's journey. It's critical to have a positive mental attitude and stay confident. You are worthy of peace and happiness.

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
Old 23 May 2022, 03:51 PM   #41
Maharishi
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Coke
My father sold his 16613 Bluesy after the divorce and lost his business.
20 years later he did some trades on Craigslist and got himself a 16613 Bluesy :)
I sent it to RSC for him and paid the bill.

You’ll bounce back. I guarantee it.
Old 23 May 2022, 04:37 PM   #42
Andy0331

Sorry to hear it. On the bright side, it's not a bad time to sell; hopefully you'll be in a position to buy again when the market normalizes a bit.
Old 23 May 2022, 08:45 PM   #43
cop414
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: 14060M
So sorry to hear this Ray, I’ve been there, sucker punched by the “I want a divorce statement” many years ago on Christmas Eve of all days.
Hang in there, one step at a time. Things will get better but they take time, more time than you think.
You’ll be better at the end of all of it, just take things one day at a time.

Rolex Submariner 14060M
Omega Seamaster 2254.50
DOXA Professional 1200T

Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
TRF's "After Dark" Bar & NightClub Patron
P Club Member #17
2 FA ENABLED
Old 23 May 2022, 08:58 PM   #44
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Is this the same divorce as this time last year?

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=805962
Old 23 May 2022, 09:01 PM   #45
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post

Oh my …
Old 23 May 2022, 09:03 PM   #46
Speedbird-1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post

Divorce, believe it or not, is not generally, a 5min procedure.

Please, Adam, don't ask me how I know.
Old 23 May 2022, 10:03 PM   #47
7sins
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasoninDenver View Post
Been there and, for me, it was the best thing that could have happened to me.

Also spent 20 years doing divorce and family law.

Life will be different for sure. Things will be tough for awhile but eventually get better and one day you may likely even feel your new life is better than you could ever have imagined.

Every single guy for whom I handled a divorce, and there have been 30-40, eventually realized that they had settled for a less than ideal situation or been unhappy for years. Even those guys who did not want the divorce initially. Every single one was actually happier AFTER the divorce. It may take a year or two, but I believe you will get there as well.

Don’t be afraid to get counseling as you go through this. It is hard and I really think the people who came out of this the best were those who tackled the grief and heartache head on with help.

Good luck.
This is excellent advice. Only thing I would add would be to find new hobbies that you enjoy and can distract you ie scuba diving or get your pilots license. Go to the gym, get healthier, feel better about yourself. You have to be good with you before taking the next steps to move forward. I've seen the challenges my father faced/faces going through his current divorce and best thing for him was joining a post divorce support group. He made a lot of new friends who were all in a similar situation. The worst thing to do is sit at home, by yourself and dwell in your own subconscious.
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
Old 23 May 2022, 10:09 PM   #48
Andad

Watch: A few.
Quote:

Whatever the truth was J that statement is not acceptable to me here on TRF.

Old 23 May 2022, 10:59 PM   #49
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Been through it and absolutely came out much happier on the other side. You go through a year or so of hell but you are rewarded with a much better life after. Good luck.

Sent from my Galaxy S20 using Tapatalk
Old 23 May 2022, 11:36 PM   #50
airchitect
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few.....
Sounds like there’s a group of guys on YouTube some of you should be paying attention to. OP, sorry for your situation. Sucks. But things move on. Just be sure to not fall into the “give her what she wants” trap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 24 May 2022, 12:39 AM   #51
donas
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andad View Post

Whatever the truth was J that statement is not acceptable to me here on TRF.

Huh?
Old 24 May 2022, 01:04 AM   #52
jaisonline
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5 digit models
Sorry to hear.

When I was far younger, my mother divorced 3 times including my paternal father. Unfortunately, my mother was the cause each time. All 3 men were far happier afterwards.

Also had a close friend divorce only after 4 years of marriage. He is also far happier. In fact, all 4 men eventually met multiple great ladies & some even remarried.

It takes time and can be hard financially and emotional. You will pull through.
Starts terrible for everyone I involved (especially children) in unhappy or 1-sided marriages. Before you know it, you might think it was the best decision & wished it happened sooner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolio View Post
After almost 40 years of marriage, I am separated/divorcing. I had to sell my Classic 16710. It broke my heart to sell my prized watch but needed the cash. One day, again. Anyone been through this
Old 24 May 2022, 01:10 AM   #53
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

I lost this watch in a divorce settlement in around 1980. (pic not mine)

I found a keeper wife in 1990.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ee4df8e6d8938a2b4a95f9b71af9adce.jpg (48.6 KB, 343 views)
Old 24 May 2022, 10:17 AM   #54
DLRIDES

Watch: Me
Quote:
Huh?

Old 24 May 2022, 10:46 AM   #55
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

I suggest a trip to Vegas.

The answer might not be there, but shouldn't you at least go look?
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
Old 24 May 2022, 11:53 AM   #56
lear60man
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayHantz View Post
I have gone through it as well, and it is not easy.

The best thing you can do is focus on yourself and not the situation. Do not isolate yourself either; stay close with your friends and reach out when you need to. The advice to delete/stay away from social media is spot on because there may be times you find yourself looking, questioning, and getting sucked into what is going on. Take some time for the gym and yourself.

Lastly, know that it sucks, but know that better days are coming and that you will be alright.
Spot on. Avoiding isolation is the key. Reach out to long time friends, make plans, do things you always wanted to do. Go travel, skydive, hit the gym etc. Avoid hitting the bottle or worse. Get a puppy.
Old 26 May 2022, 07:40 AM   #57
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

I think the problem often is, women go into a marriage thinking they're going to change him, and men go into it thinking the woman will never change.

And in the end they're both wrong.
Old 26 May 2022, 08:42 AM   #58
austinp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post
I think the problem often is, women go into a marriage thinking they're going to change him, and men go into it thinking the woman will never change.

And in the end they're both wrong.

Nailed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 26 May 2022, 09:38 AM   #59
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Being an expert on women, relationships, and marriage, I am now going to share everything I know about maintaining a successful union with a woman: Read? Here we go:

That was it, any questions?
Old 26 May 2022, 10:16 AM   #60
Al1969
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLRIDES View Post

Make that a X3.
Closed Thread