The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 1 July 2022, 03:07 AM   #1
JMGoodnight369
"TRF" Member

Kirk Jewelers Miami

So this place sucks lol. I’m down here for vacation and stopped by to get a quick regulation on my sub. I had called RSC a few days ago and they said go on in here and shouldn’t take more than 20 minutes no problemo. Welp the sales associate was the most degrading SA I’ve ever dealt with. After I told him the reason for my visit he told me no. They wouldn’t touch it. I told him that RSC sent me there and he called me a liar and that would never happen. It was at that point I walked out. Well more of a stormed out. Proceeded to call RSC again and they confirmed they should have done this no questions. They apologized and asked if wanted to file a complaint directly with Rolex. I’ll be working on that email next. This is just more proof of your watch needs a service or anything service related reach out to Rolex directly. ADs are absolutely useless in this regard.
JMGoodnight369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2022, 03:16 AM   #2
101031-28
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1665
So sorry this happened, very unprofessional on their part. Sadly, I can definitely relate. My Rolex ADs visits are virtually non-existent at this point. Over the course of the last 3 years their attitude has gotten progressively worse and I am not willing to put up with their shenanigans to get a watch.

Ian Fleming
101031-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2022, 04:06 AM   #3
Al1969
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMGoodnight369 View Post
So this place sucks lol. I’m down here for vacation and stopped by to get a quick regulation on my sub. I had called RSC a few days ago and they said go on in here and shouldn’t take more than 20 minutes no problemo. Welp the sales associate was the most degrading SA I’ve ever dealt with. After I told him the reason for my visit he told me no. They wouldn’t touch it. I told him that RSC sent me there and he called me a liar and that would never happen. It was at that point I walked out. Well more of a stormed out. Proceeded to call RSC again and they confirmed they should have done this no questions. They apologized and asked if wanted to file a complaint directly with Rolex. I’ll be working on that email next. This is just more proof of your watch needs a service or anything service related reach out to Rolex directly. ADs are absolutely useless in this regard.
Sounds like NO customer service.

Why not just send or bring your watch to an RSC? After that exchange would you really want these people to touch your watch?

Best of luck getting your sub regulated.
Old 1 July 2022, 04:47 AM   #4
JMGoodnight369
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al1969 View Post
Sounds like NO customer service.

Why not just send or bring your watch to an RSC? After that exchange would you really want these people to touch your watch?

Best of luck getting your sub regulated.
Oh yeah I’ll never go in that place again. It’s not worth the service time since it just needs a tweak. I’m gonna wait till I go by up to NY in a couple months. They will have it done in under an hour compared to 12 weeks sending it in
Old 1 July 2022, 05:31 AM   #5
soflonative
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Yes they are a-holes for sure, next time you're in south Florida go to JR Dunn in Deerfield Beach. They are a single store AD and are also an authorized Rolex repair center on site. I've had most of my collection cleaned there over the last few years and they always do a great job. You don't have to mail off your watch to NY, Dallas, or Cali and in most cases get you watch back in 3-4 weeks. They always treat you with respect and a smile!
Old 1 July 2022, 06:01 AM   #6
-dustin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

for what it's worth, i've passed this thread along to someone high up the chain at Kirk.
-dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2022, 06:54 AM   #7
~Ocho1~
"TRF" Member

Sounds like your typical Miami customer service.

I lived there my whole life up until about 3 years ago, & the service a just couple hundred miles north is night & day. When I first moved up & people would ask me how I liked it up here I would always reply with "Everyone is so nice here!!" lol
~Ocho1~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2022, 07:24 AM   #8
Simonov
"TRF" Member

This doesn't make any sense. It's going to take more than 20 minutes to regulate a watch and RSC doesn't know whether that AD's watchmaker is available the minute you walk in the door. In my experience Rolex may even want a full service done instead of just a regulation anyway, so it would be strange for them to tell you to walk into a store and regulate your watch in 20 minutes.
Simonov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2022, 09:05 AM   #9
KirkJewelers
"TRF" Member

Response from Kirk Jewelers

Quote:
JMGoodnight369, as the management of Kirk Jewelers, we felt compelled to respond to your account of the visit to our store this morning. We are always interested in customer feedback and go to great strides to achieve the highest level of customer service whether with our sales or our service team. We discussed your visit this morning with everyone who was witness and also made contact with Rolex to question the notion of a quick regulation which we were not familiar with nor have every performed in our 60+ year history as an AD. After discussing this with Rolex, they confirmed that a quick regulation is not something that they would ever encourage or recommend. This would go against all the protocols that the watchmaker follows and there is no process instructed to AD's for customers to quickly bring a watch in and wait for a regulation. We're not sure who you spoke with at Rolex but if you could please let us know, we will follow up with Rolex management to be sure this is clarified with them. We are not debating whether you were told this or have possibly had other stores offer this, but just simply want it to be understood that this is not the standard procedure or obligation on the AD to perform per Rolex. We offered to take your watch in under warranty which can be done in-house, and this apparently was not to your liking which you made very clear. We can expedite a warranty situation, but we need the appropriate amount of time. In addition to these points, Rolex would never assert that something should take 20 minutes when they have no idea whether the watchmaker is working that day or how much work he or she has in their queue from other customers who are patiently waiting. Lastly, we spoke to our staff as your account of their poor attitude was very surprising and disheartening. We apologize for what you felt was a bad interaction and we are happy to try again should you allow us the opportunity. If you are still in Miami, we sincerely hope you can pass by again and speak with our service team. We can perform the regulation and are happy to ship your watch back home at no cost to you. If you'd like to discuss this with upper management, we are also always open to a call.
Thank you,
The Kirk Team
KirkJewelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2022, 09:14 AM   #10
thomaspp
"TRF" Member

Kirk is a great AD and been around for many years - seems like a strange circumstance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 1 July 2022, 09:51 AM   #11
Sheldor
"TRF" Member

Agree with Simonov. This sounds very weird especially as the AD has a fullly trained watch maker on site and obviously the correct place to go but to have Rolex promise a turnaround time from afar makes no sense. I also have been into Kirk's multiple times and introduced to the watchmaker. I got to talk to him about timing and maintenance for watches and even got to see him at work. Their staff have always been very approachable and helpful, hope you can work things out with the store or Rolex directly to come to a solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonov View Post
This doesn't make any sense. It's going to take more than 20 minutes to regulate a watch and RSC doesn't know whether that AD's watchmaker is available the minute you walk in the door. In my experience Rolex may even want a full service done instead of just a regulation anyway, so it would be strange for them to tell you to walk into a store and regulate your watch in 20 minutes.
Sheldor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2022, 09:57 AM   #12
Danny83

Watch: Yellow Gold
I dont see why they couldnt just do it takes a couple mins. Its not like they were really busy lol
Danny83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2022, 11:25 AM   #13
JMGoodnight369
"TRF" Member

Mods please delete this thread. Issue has been resolved
Old 1 July 2022, 11:26 AM   #14
BNA/LION

Watch: ROLEX
Bummer! Better luck to you next time.

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2022, 12:14 PM   #15
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Back when I used their services, RSC in Hong Kong used to take a few days to regulate my watches, insisting on doing it right (in all the positions, etc, free of charge) and wouldn't just do a quick fix. I'm surprised the RSC there told you it was a 20-minute job.
Old 2 July 2022, 03:06 PM   #16
Al1969
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny83 View Post
I dont see why they couldnt just do it takes a couple mins. Its not like they were really busy lol
Maybe they were busy putting new inventory in the cases.