The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 22 April 2019, 09:19 PM   #61
Star Ferry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
You suggesting he tries men?
I'm suggesting he tempers his expectations. Can't get heartbroken if your expectations are realistic
Star Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2019, 09:48 PM   #62
timedate
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Ferry View Post
Women are great company but are fickle. Take care of yourself

And knowing that this is biological in women, and knowing that ruthlessness can be just round the corner, then throw in their lack of accountability and child like existence, then as long as you know this you can protect yourself.
timedate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2019, 09:53 PM   #63
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
I think most men are “weak” in this regard.

I truly love my wife. And when it ends, however it ends, it will be painful. She’s my dream come true.

BUT everyone is believing in this fake fairytale. It’s not real and we all die alone. Bleak and dark, but true. It’s reality.

A bad breakup is a great opportunity to go out and have some fun. I want to be with my wife forever. But if something ever happened, I’d be drowning my sorrows in some incredible new experiences. Such is life.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2019, 11:09 PM   #64
timedate
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
I think most men are “weak” in this regard.

I truly love my wife. And when it ends, however it ends, it will be painful. She’s my dream come true.

BUT everyone is believing in this fake fairytale. It’s not real and we all die alone. Bleak and dark, but true. It’s reality.

A bad breakup is a great opportunity to go out and have some fun. I want to be with my wife forever. But if something ever happened, I’d be drowning my sorrows in some incredible new experiences. Such is life.

its great how men are starting to wise up

i spent years believing how terrible my dad was, yet he rarely said anything bad about my mother, all the time he suffered her nonsense and ended up losing his family, he got all the blame, she got none. She was no better in her second marriage.
Old 22 April 2019, 11:12 PM   #65
jcdy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uga2007 View Post
Hello fellow TRF strangers and human beings. So I’m sitting here in a bar in Atlanta, GA, on Easter Sunday, by myself, with a delicious IPA, reflecting on the epically bad breakup I had last night. I find it kind of comical [and sad AF] that I’m even sharing this with you all but I had to. Has anyone else experienced this? For whatever reason while I was just sitting here sipping my beer reflecting on life, I decided to take of my Polar and I just sat there and watched the sweeping seconds hand with my thoughts for about a solid 7ish min. Didn’t even realize what was going on. Nothing else. I don’t know why But it was mesmerizing to me. Extremely soothing when you are by yourself with your thoughts....anyone? Or am I the only weirdo here haha!

Hope you feel better!

I had an especially bad breakup a few years ago. A telemarketer called me, and I talked to him for like 30 minutes because I felt like I just needed to talk to someone.

Also, I 100% agree with you. Explorer two polar dial is an absolute stunner. The blackened hands and indices are so sharp and beautiful! Totally mesmerizing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jcdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2019, 11:15 PM   #66
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
One step closer to the right partner

I was in the dumps when dumped as a young man. Now happily married for decades. Hang in there! If you feel good, look good and stay out there, you will meet the right person.
scarlet knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2019, 11:24 PM   #67
timedate
-

I remember a girlfriend going cold on me and then opening her legs to my friends and others, then wanting to get to know me again afterwards.

Her level of callousness and promiscuity was shocking at the time.

I laugh now when i think i was actually bothered at the time, lol. lol. lol.
Old 22 April 2019, 11:26 PM   #68
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
everyone is believing in this fake fairytale. It’s not real and we all die alone.

I can relate and to a certain point I agree with this. Dying alone is probably one of my biggest fears.

That said, there’s someone for everyone OP. Sometimes it takes a lot of trial and error to find a meaningful relationship. You have to be “ready” to let someone love you. Sorry to go all harlequin on this thread ... but I believe in stuff like that.
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2019, 11:35 PM   #69
timedate
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
I can relate and to a certain point I agree with this. Dying alone is probably one of my biggest fears.

That said, there’s someone for everyone OP. Sometimes it takes a lot of trial and error to find a meaningful relationship. You have to be “ready” to let someone love you. Sorry to go all harlequin on this thread ... but I believe in stuff like that.

you wont die alone, my dad died with his second wife holding his hand,

She died a year later with her brothers holding her hand,

Dont you worry about that
Old 22 April 2019, 11:38 PM   #70
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by timedate View Post
you wont die alone, my dad died with his second wife holding his hand,

She died a year later with her brothers holding her hand,

Dont you worry about that
Sorry about the loss of your dad and your step mom.

I have two children and a wife that’s 8 years younger, god help me ... I will not outlive any of them.

Sometimes I think it selfish of me to think that way, but if I’m honest it is really how I feel.
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2019, 11:45 PM   #71
timedate
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Sorry about the loss of your dad and your step mom.

I have two children and a wife that’s 8 years younger, god help me ... I will not outlive any of them.

Sometimes I think it selfish of me to think that way, but if I’m honest it is really how I feel.

We could all die alone if that was how the circumstances were unavoidably arranged, like a sudden death or accident,

the reality is most people are with people at the end.