The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 4 December 2020, 09:42 AM   #91
Lukebennett21
"TRF" Member

I think the ball is totally in your court. Nice pieces likely to continue appreciating. I would recommend that you dip your toe into the water and sell your least favorite or easiest to re-obtain reference. See how you like the process.

I’m relieved, only 19 Rollie’s. I thought you were gonna have a serious problem ;)
Lukebennett21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2020, 10:10 AM   #92
morg.k24
Banned

What an amazing collection, so many beauties.
morg.k24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2020, 10:15 AM   #93
otherminds
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddodoc View Post
Sell it here. I have sold 3-4 watches here. Having great feedback is the key for buying and selling. This is how you will get your true best price. Grays will buy too but at a lower price point. Also make sure your get the verification app so no one gets scammers.

Thanks! What is the verification app you are talking about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
otherminds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2020, 10:16 AM   #94
Kiddodoc
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 15 and counting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by otherminds View Post
Thanks! What is the verification app you are talking about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is a thread pinned at the top. Read that thread and it will guide you to doing it. It is very simple and makes your transactions safe.
Kiddodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2020, 10:17 AM   #95
Kiddodoc
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by morg.k24 View Post
What an amazing collection, so many beauties.
Thank you kind sir!
Old 4 December 2020, 10:22 AM   #96
2nastie
"TRF" Member

Watch: Time Only
You have beautiful collection of Rolex watches. Imo, I think you can really do without a bulk of the watches.

If you want to downsize, keep 1 of each model: Daytona, Sub, GMT, and perhaps a couple "repeats." After that I would venture to other brands or haute horology pieces (assuming you like that side of the watch game).

I know... as a Rolex enthusiast each combination is different, but as soon as you repeat Subs, GMTs, etc... you are buying the same watch twice or three times. I would pick my favorite combo rather than have the Rolex catalogue siting in my case. I personally need some diversity or else its gets boring.

I've never had that many watches but I've slimmed down to 3 that are truly part of the collection. 1 in typically means 1 out.
2nastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2020, 12:24 PM   #97
Anestheticsaregood
"TRF" Member

Awesome collection. Agree with the sentiments on overlap and getting rid of some similar repeats. I have 6 and I think I have too many and have thought about thinning but you sir have given me reason to hold!
Anestheticsaregood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2020, 01:24 PM   #98
theprince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTreelex View Post
you only have 2 wrists. There's a difference between a collector, a hoarder, and an addict.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krash View Post
3 watches for me plus an Apple Watch is all I need, but it is a FANTASTIC collection.
I'm in the beginning phase of my collection, 4 Rolex along with a Longines and Seiko with sentimental value...and almost every Apple Watch since Series 0 with many straps. I'm somewhere between a collector and addict, with some hoarder tendencies.

The Apple Watch and mechanical were always fighting for wrist time. I've moved the AW to the right wrist, and it's been a game changer. Instead of one wrist fighting for all the watches, suddenly each wrist feels open. Sub during the day, TT GMT at night, Seiko when I'm doing yard work or "carpentry". Rubber strap on the AW when I'm working out, leather if I'm feeling up to it.

I can easily wear 4 watches a day. Yeah it's a bit more work, but I enjoy more of my small collection more of the time. I wouldn't be intimidated by 19, I would wear the hell out of all of em.
theprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2020, 01:31 PM   #99
Pw92676
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Love the platinum DD but hate smooth bezels. That is my only gripe about Platinum DD.

GMT coke is for my son. Have all 3 bezels and a brand new jubilee bracelet for him. I may also give him a sub.

Possible departures for me: DJII, EXP II, BLNR and one of the LV's

Great collection! 19 is a lot, do they all get wrist time? Is there a need to downsize based on this?

Definitely keep the untouchables.
Does your son have favorites?

Everything on the chopping block id also part with. Maybe consolidate and get something PM. I agree with you about platinum and smooth bezel. Maybe different brand?
Pw92676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2020, 02:39 PM   #100
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Quote:
Not redundant for me as my favorite line are the divers. I love variety and love my watches. If I were to move some watches, it would likely include some from my divers due to numbers.
When I look back at my early collection, I also gravitated to divers, my favorite as well. .
Old 4 December 2020, 03:16 PM   #101
BrazenC5
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1665,1675,1680,SD4
Quote:
Originally Posted by otherminds View Post
My apologies if this is a silly question - but what is the best way to sell a watch? Do you sell on this forum? For people like me, a long time lurker but not big poster, I don't have a reputation.

Reason I ask is that I have a couple I am thinking of selling off.
Use a reseller and save yourself the headache.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
BrazenC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2020, 04:59 PM   #102
TimeAZ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Tudor
Honestly, you should keep most of your pieces, especially any of the ones that are discontinued (e.g. Hulk, Smurf) or anything that is "hard to get" (e.g. SS Daytona both black/white, and even submariners in this day and age). Yes, even the submariners, keep them. If you own a model that doesn't make it into the case at an AD, then keep that model. Your little (or not-so-little) box there contains more professional model Rolex watches than the entire show-case availability at all combined ADs in my state.

Looking through at what you have, I'd say you could easily relinquish any of your TT Datejusts, especially those diamond-dialed ones. Barring any emotional connection or sentimental memories, they'd be very easy to replace if you change your mind. The DD you have looks special and has sentimental value for you, so keep that one forever.

The other option of course is to just keep them all and build a little museum which is also kind of satisfying in a way of its own. It brings a smile to my face and I'm not even the one blessed to have these amazing pieces!! I find that whatever makes you smile, that is how you know you've got the right collection (or right time-piece).
TimeAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2020, 06:21 PM   #103
Vivalas
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
I had 5 very nice watches and decided to downsize to 3 back in April.

Got down to 4 quite easily and finished on 7!!!
Vivalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2020, 03:25 AM   #104
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by theprince View Post
I'm in the beginning phase of my collection, 4 Rolex along with a Longines and Seiko with sentimental value...and almost every Apple Watch since Series 0 with many straps. I'm somewhere between a collector and addict, with some hoarder tendencies.

The Apple Watch and mechanical were always fighting for wrist time. I've moved the AW to the right wrist, and it's been a game changer. Instead of one wrist fighting for all the watches, suddenly each wrist feels open. Sub during the day, TT GMT at night, Seiko when I'm doing yard work or "carpentry". Rubber strap on the AW when I'm working out, leather if I'm feeling up to it.

I can easily wear 4 watches a day. Yeah it's a bit more work, but I enjoy more of my small collection more of the time. I wouldn't be intimidated by 19, I would wear the hell out of all of em.
I keep the AW on my left wrist, and actually wear it for a couple hours each day (i.e., when I work out, go bike riding, and it's also my beater watch). I'll also wear my Apple Watch when I'd rather not flash a Rolex or Omega. It's basically part of my normal rotation. I treat it just like my mechanicals expect I don't store them together.
Krash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2020, 04:43 AM   #105
Kiddodoc
2024 Pledge Member

I, too, have an apple watch. It is my exercise watch. I also have two casios that I use intermittently.

Rolex will always be number one with me.

I am leaning towards culling the heard in the near future.