The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 28 May 2019, 05:14 PM   #31
watchmaker
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by blada4life View Post
Seems like you’re having a hard time understanding the suggestion that ‘if you can’t beat them, join them’ and at least get a model the op wants. Good try though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I haven’t ‘tried’ anything. Your post is contradictory.

You claim ADs have ruined the Rolex buying experience because they don’t sell steel professional models to customers. Yet your advise to someone who is offered a professional model at rrp by an AD is buy it and flip it if he doesn’t want to keep it.

I’m not on a high horse purporting to be a hyper moral human, but I will call out flawed logic and hypocrisy.
watchmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2019, 05:19 PM   #32
Rogdogg
"TRF" Member

If I had the BLNR (oyster) and BLRO I don't think I'd get the BLNR (Jubilee). Not unless I had everything else that I ever wanted in my collection and more money than sense. I think it's lovely but would rather put the money to different watches if I had the other two you mention.
I wouldn't buy it to flip but would let the AD know that I wouldn't take it to flip and would rather he sold it on to satisfy another customer. I'd then ask him to keep me in mind for an upcoming watch of my choice instead and see what happens.
Old 28 May 2019, 07:32 PM   #33
abozz
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116660, 126600
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyandy View Post
I’d get the new BLNR and then decide which one I like better between old and new and sell the other. Good luck.
This

Enviado desde mi SM-G975F mediante Tapatalk
abozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2019, 08:59 PM   #34
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesarmsi View Post
Got a call from my AD and I have the opportunity to buy the NEW GMT with the Jubilee bracelet 126710BNLR AKA Batman if I want it.

Here is the thing, I also have last year’s GMT 126710 BNLRO aka Pepsi with the Jubilee and I also have the Original GMT 116710BNLR with the oyster bracelet.

I like the look of the New Jubilee bracelet on the Black and Blue GMT and the fact that it has the new movement.

Are these 3 watches too similar??

Will you add it to your collection??

What would you do??

I need to make final decision today.,.......

Help........
If you ask the question then you must feel it's true.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2019, 09:11 PM   #35
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I would buy it and put it into the collection and live with all of them for a minute. If it does not work sell/trade it for something else you want.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2019, 11:16 PM   #36
blada4life
"TRF" Member

What will you do.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmaker View Post
I haven’t ‘tried’ anything. Your post is contradictory.

You claim ADs have ruined the Rolex buying experience because they don’t sell steel professional models to customers. Yet your advise to someone who is offered a professional model at rrp by an AD is buy it and flip it if he doesn’t want to keep it.

I’m not on a high horse purporting to be a hyper moral human, but I will call out flawed logic and hypocrisy.

I have a feeling we won’t agree on this but those two statements I made are not mutually exclusive. I know I know crazy right. The fact that I stated ADs ruined the buying experience and then made a suggestion to trade with a grey for a watch OP really wants, does not go hand in hand. Sorry buddy. I can see you’re having a hard time with this. In fact the reason why many people lean towards buying watches they actually don’t want and flipping them is because ADs have ruined the experience, but it allows them to get the watches they wanted. I’m sure you can search this forum for similar examples.

On a separate note flawed logic is not the same as hypocrisy yet it seems it is on your mind. Either way, stop being so hyper critical. OP clearly wants another watch. We’re not powerful enough to change the Rolex system or how ADs do business, so again, my opinion is ADs have contributed to creating a monster so if you can’t beat them by getting a watch you truly want, just join them and play the game their way. Not sure why this concept is so hard to understand from a logic standpoint. It’s not hypocrisy, it’s reality and Op was looking for suggestions. I know you don’t think you’re on a high horse, but you very much are. Not everyone is super wealthy like you or has all of your connections to just get whatever watch they want. Stop living in the clouds man. The reality is we are Rolex hobbyists and have to get creative to be able to find (and afford) watch references we can’t find or get like you obviously can.

blada4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2019, 11:56 PM   #37
joe100

Watch: Explorer
If my AD offered me a BLNR and I didn’t want it, I’d just decline. It’s ungentlemanly to take it only to flip it for profit. If the AD found out, and mine recently did on something very similar to this situation, you’d never get hot watch again.
Old 29 May 2019, 12:04 AM   #38
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

Buy buy buy

SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2019, 12:05 AM   #39
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyandy View Post
I’d get the new BLNR and then decide which one I like better between old and new and sell the other. Good luck.
This is the same thought I was having
samson66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2019, 12:42 AM   #40
SlideRacker
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN Black
This is called Analysis Paralysis. Just buy it. Ask questions later.
SlideRacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2019, 01:05 AM   #41
Tom5518
Banned

Watch: Air King
Quote:
Yes, I am adding it. However, i do not own the 116710BLNR.

Quote:
What would you do??
I would get it if I were you, but don't listen to me. I am completely illogical when it comes to Rolex.

Tom5518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2019, 04:32 AM   #42
watchmaker
TechXpert

Quote:
I have a feeling we won’t agree on this but those two statements I made are not mutually exclusive. I know I know crazy right. The fact that I stated ADs ruined the buying experience and then made a suggestion to trade with a grey for a watch OP really wants, does not go hand in hand. Sorry buddy. I can see you’re having a hard time with this. In fact the reason why many people lean towards buying watches they actually don’t want and flipping them is because ADs have ruined the experience, but it allows them to get the watches they wanted. I’m sure you can search this forum for similar examples.

On a separate note flawed logic is not the same as hypocrisy yet it seems it is on your mind. Either way, stop being so hyper critical. OP clearly wants another watch. We’re not powerful enough to change the Rolex system or how ADs do business, so again, my opinion is ADs have contributed to creating a monster so if you can’t beat them by getting a watch you truly want, just join them and play the game their way. Not sure why this concept is so hard to understand from a logic standpoint. It’s not hypocrisy, it’s reality and Op was looking for suggestions. I know you don’t think you’re on a high horse, but you very much are. Not everyone is super wealthy like you or has all of your connections to just get whatever watch they want. Stop living in the clouds man. The reality is we are Rolex hobbyists and have to get creative to be able to find (and afford) watch references we can’t find or get like you obviously can.

You are right, we are not going to agree. Fortunately we don't have to.

Just so you don't spend the rest of your life thinking the above garbage is how to engage in intelligent conversation; it's not. Sorry buddy. If somebody challenges your point of view with a rational response devoid of any personal insults and character assumptions; try doing the same.

I concede my first comment was sarcastic, but still not personal.
Old 29 May 2019, 09:30 AM   #43
blada4life
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmaker View Post
You are right, we are not going to agree. Fortunately we don't have to.

Just so you don't spend the rest of your life thinking the above garbage is how to engage in intelligent conversation; it's not. Sorry buddy. If somebody challenges your point of view with a rational response devoid of any personal insults and character assumptions; try doing the same.

I concede my first comment was sarcastic, but still not personal.

I’m just defending my statement, not trying to get personal with you so I apologize if I said anything to offend you that way. I just want to point out that although I appreciate that you concede that you were being sarcastic, your comment did essentially state that I was being a hypocrite. I think both of us might have gone a little further than we intended with our responses.

I think we can both at least agree on that, and move forward being civil fans of Rolex (and not necessarily ADs).

blada4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2019, 09:50 AM   #44
exador
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
I would buy it and put it into the collection and live with all of them for a minute. If it does not work sell/trade it for something else you want.

exador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2019, 11:54 AM   #45
brianveli
"TRF" Member

Tell your AD to sell it to me

brianveli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2019, 12:06 PM   #46
DLRIDES

Watch: Me
If you truly do not desire the watch, and buy it just because it’s available, you’re part of the problem, if not you’re part of the solution.

Sometimes a mirror is the most brutal thing man faces.

Quote:
Got a call from my AD and I have the opportunity to buy the NEW GMT with the Jubilee bracelet 126710BNLR AKA Batman if I want it.

Here is the thing, I also have last year’s GMT 126710 BNLRO aka Pepsi with the Jubilee and I also have the Original GMT 116710BNLR with the oyster bracelet.

I like the look of the New Jubilee bracelet on the Black and Blue GMT and the fact that it has the new movement.

Are these 3 watches too similar??

What would you do??

I need to make final decision today.,.......

Help........
Old 29 May 2019, 10:18 PM   #47
watchmaker
TechXpert

Quote:
I’m just defending my statement, not trying to get personal with you so I apologize if I said anything to offend you that way. I just want to point out that although I appreciate that you concede that you were being sarcastic, your comment did essentially state that I was being a hypocrite. I think both of us might have gone a little further than we intended with our responses.

I think we can both at least agree on that, and move forward being civil fans of Rolex (and not necessarily ADs).

I do agree, and apologise for any offence I caused you.
Old 29 May 2019, 10:26 PM   #48
glamorama
"TRF" Member

It doesn't add anything to your collection imao. You already have the best combo. If that is what you are asking.

Otherwise you might get some PMs from people that can help you out..
glamorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2019, 10:28 PM   #49
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
Personally, I'd only want one version of the BLNR.
travisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2019, 10:31 PM   #50
lord91
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
Quote:
Originally Posted by travisb View Post
Personally, I'd only want one version of the BLNR.
+1. And for me, that would be the Oyster bracelet BLNR.
lord91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2019, 11:59 PM   #51
socalwatchcollector
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pateks Plural
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe100 View Post
If my AD offered me a BLNR and I didn’t want it, I’d just decline. It’s ungentlemanly to take it only to flip it for profit. If the AD found out, and mine recently did on something very similar to this situation, you’d never get hot watch again.

This^^^^
socalwatchcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2019, 12:40 AM   #52
RolexJoe
"TRF" Member

Seems like your collection would get a bit redundant unless you love GMTs. With what you have I'd pass.

It really bothers me how many are saying to buy and flip yet complain about the lack of SS models. That is worsening the shortage and helping fuel the greys. Hypocrites
RolexJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2019, 01:17 AM   #53
DLRIDES

Watch: Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexJoe View Post
It really bothers me how many are saying to buy and flip yet complain about the lack of SS models. That is worsening the shortage and helping fuel the greys. Hypocrites

This