The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 20 September 2018, 08:25 AM   #31
devoti
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 116710er View Post
I've only had good results with LAWW so far. Answers their phones, answered most of my emails (I have a feeling that they get a TON) and more importantly, the work they did was not only well done, but done on time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senorx View Post
I contacted LAWW in June 2018 and sent in my vintage Seiko 6309-7049 in early July 2018 for a full service. I was told 6 weeks to complete the job and was provided an invoice for the work. I was in contact with Edvi the whole time and my emails were responded to in a timely manner. I was even provided pictures during the process. I received my watch in about 6 weeks as promised and all work was performed as promised. My watch is running flawlessly. I would not hesitate to use LAWW again.

Thats awesome, its definitely a hit and miss based on comments but I will say they're lots of positive comments about them and ABC WW.
devoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2018, 04:58 AM   #32
southtexas
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissR View Post
I sent my Rolex Oysterquartz to them in April, still no sign of the work having been completed or even started. I have no work order number, and I was informed I would receive an estimate I could approve via their site, but it has been

Although I have had contact now-and-then and have been assured my watch will be worked on, recently phone calls have gone straight to voicemail and emails remain unanswered.

I am not sure where to go from here, as I am not local to LA.

Have I been scammed?
Cripes! 5 months to get an estimate of work????!!!!! You might consider demanding your watch be returned immediately.

Follow me on Instagram @ccrolex
southtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2018, 07:29 PM   #33
SwissR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southtexas View Post
Cripes! 5 months to get an estimate of work????!!!!! You might consider demanding your watch be returned immediately.
I agree but I have the estimate now and it's been approved. I'm expecting the work completed this week and the watch back next week. But I've also been promised that before... so let's see.
SwissR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2018, 10:48 PM   #34
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
I’ve used LAWW 4 times in the last couple years and always received my watches on time and looking great. I get the sense that they are at capacity but Edvi still managed to get me my watch when promised.
Old 26 September 2018, 12:58 AM   #35
uansari1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Polar 16570
Dismayed to hear about ABC Watchwerks after all the stellar reviews they had in the past.

Where does Vanessa CW21 work? I’d consider her as an option, and perhaps even send your Tudor Sub to her.
Explorer 124270
Omega Seamaster GMT 50th Anniversary
uansari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2018, 02:04 AM   #36
Jazzie
Banned

Sorry to hear this
Jazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2018, 01:41 AM   #37
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by uansari1 View Post
Dismayed to hear about ABC Watchwerks after all the stellar reviews they had in the past.

Where does Vanessa CW21 work? I’d consider her as an option, and perhaps even send your Tudor Sub to her.
If I’m not mistaken I believe she retired. I could be wrong but I recall her posting that here.
Old 27 September 2018, 03:27 AM   #38
SubHulk
"TRF" Member

Any other shops do laser welding besides LAWW and ABC? I talked to RSC in Dallas and was told they do laser welding, but couldn't get an estimate. They told me case repair starts at $380 and to send the watch with warranty card.
SubHulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2018, 09:29 AM   #39
w.bannon66
"TRF" Member

The theft that occured here is not an allegation, it is a FACT.

I've monitored this forum for a long time and have followed these posts with great interest. The truth is many of the members here are complicit in the fraud/theft committed at ABC. To cover their own asses, they made a deal with the devil and swept this travesty under the rug in order to possibly get back what was stolen from them. Luckily someone had the balls to pursue this with the police and file charges.

Attached are some screen captures from the LA County Superior Courts website. Feel free to search for case number "BA450843" yourselves to see for yourselves. How can you trust someone like this to service your watches?

WAKE UP GUYS
Attached Images
File Type: png 1.png (132.9 KB, 344 views)
File Type: png 2.png (91.1 KB, 339 views)
w.bannon66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2020, 05:48 AM   #40
datawiz
"TRF" Member

I just had my 2001 two-tone Submariner worked on by ABC. I've used them 3-4 times in the past, and they've always been prompt and the work was first rate. After they had my watch for over a week, I inquired about the turn around time, and they indicated 2-3 weeks.

3 weeks to the day later, I emailed for a status update and did not receive a reply. Of course, that's when I started researching ABC and stumbled upon this thread. I got a lump in my throat and thought I was going to have really bad issues.

As it turns out, I was able to get on the phone with Jabbar Kahn and he assured my watch was fine. He sent me a few pictures, I paid my bill, and the watch was overnighted to me. To my joy, the watch arrived perfectly, and it was beautiful and functional once again.

Jabbar indicated that there was different ownership during the timeframe of the OP's thread. I'm pleased with the service I received and will certainly use ABC again in the future. Only thing I'll do differently is confirm the same people are still in place.
datawiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2020, 07:28 PM   #41
Lns888
Banned

Watch: PATEK, AP, ROLEX
Don’t go there believe me they almost stole my watch
Lns888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2020, 08:55 AM   #42
Benjamin Choi
"TRF" Member

What's the latest with this shop? Avoid?
Benjamin Choi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2020, 09:15 AM   #43
RJG
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
I went ahead and googled the address on your invoice. All I can see is they are right down there on the block with all the other watch shops in Los Angeles.

How they can keep the doors open - with all that local competition - is beyond me.
They might even fold soon if this is their version of 'quality'.

Was the pip on the dial always missing on this Tudor ? Sorry if I might have missed this in your Original Post.

Thank you for your post though. Learned a lesson from this!
RJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2021, 10:39 PM   #44
Wacker23
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex sub
Wow. Thank God I came here to do some research.
Wacker23 is offline   Reply With Quote