The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 29 May 2015, 03:43 PM   #1
stef
"TRF" Member

Help needed!

I'm new to this forum having mainly owned rolex over the years but, finally made the plunge in to AP ownership!

Just became proud owner of roo diver, bought 2nd hand from chrono 24, imported from a private seller in France. Although I've no doubts about the watch itself, it's the paper work I'm concerned about having bought with box and paper work.
It comes with both boxes and 2 booklets, I'm concerned about the booklets, instruction for use is for calibre 2326/2840 not 3210(is it a generic booklet) and the warranty and authentication booklet has no reference numbers(left blank)in it relating to my watch, is this normal? What paper work should come with the watch?
Many thanks in advance!!!!
stef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2015, 04:13 PM   #2
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Welcome to the forum

About the warranty how old is your watch? AP gives 2 years warranty and extends it to a third year if you do a water resistance checkup with their service center, if your watch is older than 2 years the warranty shouldn't work, what is strange though is if the warranty card or paper, don't know which AP does, is left blank, don't know why it's like that.

For the rest the AP experts will soon chime in, don't worry all your questions will be answered, you cane to the right place for answers
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2015, 11:37 PM   #3
s14roller
"TRF" Member

What serial is the Diver? And post a pic the boxes and how the books look. As for warranty book goes, it would definitely have the serial of the watch, etc., filled in.

I don't want to jump to conclusions, but how do you know the seller is trusted? At the minimum, it sounds like the books may be fakes or they were lost and the seller just found some generic books that he could get his hands on and sold them to you as a complete set.

As far as I know, Diver only came in 3120 (so that book is def not from this watch) and you're saying the warranty/auth book is also blank...not a good sign.
s14roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2015, 11:40 PM   #4
texex91
"TRF" Member

We need pics in order to help you. But Chrono24 is hardly the ideal place to find a seller IMHO.

But yes you will get two books as shown.

One will have the watch information/warranty info/date of sale/place of sale just inside the front cover.

texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2015, 11:40 PM   #5
s14roller
"TRF" Member

As for the watch, it would be a good idea to take to local AP dealer and have them open the case back.
Old 30 May 2015, 01:42 AM   #6
stef
"TRF" Member

thanks all for your help, I think maybe ive been court!
I can't believe I didn't get photos of the paper work!
I've bought a few watches over the years from newturfers, brokers and even ebay but, always done f2f!

the watch is supposedly a 2012 and was purchased from kronometry in cannes, I will take it to an ad to get it checked out.

how do you post photos on here?
Old 30 May 2015, 01:44 AM   #7
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
thanks all for your help, I think maybe ive been court!
I can't believe I didn't get photos of the paper work!
I've bought a few watches over the years from newturfers, brokers and even ebay but, always done f2f!

the watch is supposedly a 2012 and was purchased from kronometry in cannes, I will take it to an ad to get it checked out.

how do you post photos on here?
I like to upload them to a hosting site like photobucket and then you can use img links provided to attach here

Or download tappatalk if you have a smart phone and post phone pics
GB-man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2015, 03:29 AM   #8
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Or use Flickr. Show us some close pics of the dial and bezel.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2015, 09:26 PM   #9
stef
"TRF" Member

This has taken me a while, here's some pics of the dial and bezel. Not sure this is going to work and you will notice my photography skills aren't the best, but through photo bucket here's the link:

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/...BE90825C7C.jpg

If it does work any feed back would be appreciated also if it doesn't if you could let me know I will try again.
Old 1 June 2015, 09:53 AM   #10
s14roller
"TRF" Member

Post the box/papers in question...
Old 1 June 2015, 03:16 PM   #11
stef
"TRF" Member

I'm pretty sure the box and papers are fake!

http://s1023.photobucket.com/user/st...ploads/2015-06

I'm off to an ad in London today to check out watch, fingers crossed!

Thanks.
Old 2 June 2015, 02:36 AM   #12
s14roller
"TRF" Member

Not sounding good if the papers/boxes are fake...high chance the watch is fake as well...just open the caseback to check the movement.

Also, the box/paper link is private so we can't see it...
Old 2 June 2015, 02:47 AM   #13
stef
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by s14roller View Post
Not sounding good if the papers/boxes are fake...high chance the watch is fake as well...just open the caseback to check the movement.

Also, the box/paper link is private so we can't see it...
Apologies about the link I will try again, I can't seen to work out how to move photos directly from photo bucket.

Good news for me is that the watch is genuine, it took it in to harrods, London today and had a nice chat with the ap guy there,(tried a couple of others on at the same time!) I'm still a little concerned as I bought what I thought was a 2012 watch and it's an I serial number which apparently is more recent. He advised me to email AP direct with my serial number for them to check.
Old 2 June 2015, 02:52 AM   #14
s14roller
"TRF" Member

What did they do to determine? Did they look it over or actually had a watch smith inspect the movement?
Old 2 June 2015, 03:18 AM   #15
jjnd08
"TRF" Member

Quote:
What did they do to determine? Did they look it over or actually had a watch smith inspect the movement?
This is important to have done.

Don't let them just run the serial number online. A fake can have a "real" serial number.
Old 2 June 2015, 03:24 AM   #16
sekihk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This has taken me a while, here's some pics of the dial and bezel. Not sure this is going to work and you will notice my photography skills aren't the best, but through photo bucket here's the link:

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/...BE90825C7C.jpg

If it does work any feed back would be appreciated also if it doesn't if you could let me know I will try again.
I would not have bought it if I were you.
sekihk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2015, 03:50 AM   #17
stef
"TRF" Member

They didn't take the back off!
The guy there has worked for AP for 5-6 years, he looked over the watch and described to me a few reasons as to how he knows it's real, like the finish and wording on the back etched into the case back, he also spent a while listening to the movement. He says he's seen a lot of fakes and told me within 15 secs it's real.
He said I should email AP direct to find out the history of it.
Looking back maybe yes I shouldn't of bought the way I did, I normally would be a bit more carful, I've bought a few watches second hand over the years but, not like this.
Old 2 June 2015, 04:31 AM   #18
bzabodyn
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek / AP / Rolex
He obviously hasn't seen the latest batch of fakes - they are nearly undistinguishable on the outside and they do have "real" serial numbers (all the same serial). Plug your SN into google and see if it pops up. Without opening the case back and verifying the movement there really isn't anyway to tell a real from a fake. Outside of a submariner, the Diver is one of the most popular fakes today and unfortunately they are getting damn good at it.

BZ
bzabodyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2015, 04:59 AM   #19
orangedial
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, PP, Rolex
BZ is right. It is better to get the movement checked, preferably by AP. All the best!
orangedial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2015, 05:02 AM   #20
stef
"TRF" Member

Many thanks all, I will do some more digging.....
Old 2 June 2015, 05:34 AM   #21
s14roller
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Many thanks all, I will do some more digging.....
There's not much to dig per se...confirming the movement is the bottom line. I would be doing this quickly so you have an idea what to do with the seller. At the minimum, it sounds like you are thinking it's not complete (boxes/papers) so the seller already has tricked you to some degree.
Old 2 June 2015, 08:44 AM   #22
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
It looks real, best fakes are now very close but I think it's real as the main tell is not present.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2015, 09:35 AM   #23
SamGMT
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet
Based on the picture it's very hard to tell, just last week I was speaking to a preowned dealer with many years in dealing with preowned watches...he mentioned recently he came crossed fake SS diver and Pam with complete box and papers! And they are in super high grades, hence, making it harder to tell....send to APCS quickly to have it check and have a peace of mind!

SamGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2015, 09:40 AM   #24
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
Quote:
There's not much to dig per se...confirming the movement is the bottom line. I would be doing this quickly so you have an idea what to do with the seller. At the minimum, it sounds like you are thinking it's not complete (boxes/papers) so the seller already has tricked you to some degree.
I agree. Nowadays there are fakes that are so good it is near impossible to tell the difference except on a direct side-by-side comparison with the real thing or even better, opening the case back at AP Service Centre to check. The wrong documentation sounds very fishy to say the least.
benlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2015, 11:31 AM   #25
improviz
"TRF" Member

Watch: your step
Any updates, OP?
116520 white; 16613 black; 116710; 16570 polar; 16600. AP 15400; 15703. Blancpain Fifty Fathoms. Glashutte Sport Evo GMT. Omega Planet Ocean 2907.50.91; Planet Ocean Liquidmetal LE 222.30.42.20.01.001; Seamaster 2255.80.00. Breitling Crosswind, white. Panerai PAM 005. VC Overseas Chrono, black.
improviz is offline   Reply With Quote